+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 103 of 560 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by LovellWillTearUApart View Post
    Sitting bored at work and stuck the objectors against the supporters on a spread sheet. Only 357 for compared to 1183 against. Should we be worried?
    Not if you read most of the complaints. They have little to do with planning, nor indeed much basis in reality.

I sent out the email below to all the Dandies in my address book. Feel free to do the same ....

All,

As you are aware the planning application for Aberdeen’s new Stadium and Training Complex is in and will be assessed by the Council soon.

You’re probably also aware that the Linda’s and Julie’s of the Westhill NIMBY-set have mobilized a “NO to Kingsford” facebook site and other nonsense. As with the usual parochialism that goes on in the North East they will make the most noise and greet and moan about all sorts of things. All their NIMBY arguments can be shot down very easily:

1) Aesthetics? - Just look across the road at all the soul-less industrial sites going up at the Kingshill Development - never mind the grotesque Prime Four at Kingswells!
    2) Traffic and Parking? - There will be plenty parking on site and in the industrial estates. Traffic will not be any worse than any weekday rush hour.
    3) Protect the Greenbelt? - That site has been derelict for as long as I’ve lived in Westhill. In any case, 70% of the new development will be green!
    4) Football Hooliganism? - Behave! When did anyone last see a good rammy at a Dons game?

The NIMBY’s are just anti-football and that’s about it.

I live in Westhill and fully support the development. Fair enough I’ve been a keen Dandy since I was 7 years old and the new stadium will be walking distance from my house but surely anyone with an inkling of common sense can see that this development proposal is a good one.

The Planning application is online and is currently loaded with negative comments from the NIMBY-set. Please take 5 minutes to register a comment in support.

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.go...=OJMF3EBZIED00

I wrote:

It has been demonstrated on many occasions that the success of Aberdeen Football Club creates a surge of good feeling in the City and Shire. Most recently in 2014 when the Dons won the League Cup in front of over 43000 Aberdeen fans.
    Aberdeen Football Club’s ambitious proposals for a new Stadium and Training facility has been well thought out and presented professionally in the planning application. The Club has also engaged openly with several stakeholders, including the Westhill and KIngswells communities. I live in Westhill and am fully in support of this development. My son played for Westdyke Boys Club who have strong links with Aberdeen FC’s Community operation. The facilities planned will be available for the local children to participate in football and exercise. Westhill facilities - hotel, bars etc. will also benefit economically from the match-day visitors. Please consider my support for this development.

Feel free to copy and paste or edit and write your own.

Please pass this on to as many Dandies as you have in your address book.

COYR

Beer

Aye Land min

I notice that the nimbys are stating that this is a "Greenfield" site.

Well, Havinv been born and brought up in the back of beyond, I used to pass this site everytime I went and returned from the toon. I can assure anyone who cares to ask that this site used to be a dump for inert waste, a certain Bert McIntosh owns the ground in question.

Ironically I'm pretty sure a lot of the waste from the old Beach end was dumped therein
    Last edited by ObanRed; 05-02-2017 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    I sent out the email below to all the Dandies in my address book. Feel free to do the same ....

All,

As you are aware the planning application for Aberdeen’s new Stadium and Training Complex is in and will be assessed by the Council soon.

You’re probably also aware that the Linda’s and Julie’s of the Westhill NIMBY-set have mobilized a “NO to Kingsford” facebook site and other nonsense. As with the usual parochialism that goes on in the North East they will make the most noise and greet and moan about all sorts of things. All their NIMBY arguments can be shot down very easily:

1) Aesthetics? - Just look across the road at all the soul-less industrial sites going up at the Kingshill Development - never mind the grotesque Prime Four at Kingswells!
    2) Traffic and Parking? - There will be plenty parking on site and in the industrial estates. Traffic will not be any worse than any weekday rush hour.
    3) Protect the Greenbelt? - That site has been derelict for as long as I’ve lived in Westhill. In any case, 70% of the new development will be green!
    4) Football Hooliganism? - Behave! When did anyone last see a good rammy at a Dons game?

The NIMBY’s are just anti-football and that’s about it.

I live in Westhill and fully support the development. Fair enough I’ve been a keen Dandy since I was 7 years old and the new stadium will be walking distance from my house but surely anyone with an inkling of common sense can see that this development proposal is a good one.

The Planning application is online and is currently loaded with negative comments from the NIMBY-set. Please take 5 minutes to register a comment in support.

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.go...=OJMF3EBZIED00

I wrote:

It has been demonstrated on many occasions that the success of Aberdeen Football Club creates a surge of good feeling in the City and Shire. Most recently in 2014 when the Dons won the League Cup in front of over 43000 Aberdeen fans.
    Aberdeen Football Club’s ambitious proposals for a new Stadium and Training facility has been well thought out and presented professionally in the planning application. The Club has also engaged openly with several stakeholders, including the Westhill and KIngswells communities. I live in Westhill and am fully in support of this development. My son played for Westdyke Boys Club who have strong links with Aberdeen FC’s Community operation. The facilities planned will be available for the local children to participate in football and exercise. Westhill facilities - hotel, bars etc. will also benefit economically from the match-day visitors. Please consider my support for this development.

Feel free to copy and paste or edit and write your own.

Please pass this on to as many Dandies as you have in your address book.

COYR

Beer
    Great post talking sense

Traffic / parking

Landvetter

Point 2

Utter *******s

Quote Originally Posted by ObanRed View Post
    Aye Land min
    a certain Bert McIntosh owns the ground in question.
    the rest of ur post was correct, but the land is owned by the Pirie brothers of Pinecrest farm.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    the rest of ur post was correct, but the land is owned by the Pirie brothers of Pinecrest farm.
    Is it?? ah well i stand corrected.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Landvetter

Point 2

Utter *******s

If you added a final sentence to that post with just the word "Sad", I'd be fairly convinced you're Donald Trump #qualitydebate

Good to see a lot of positive support stories in the P&J of late. Maybe combat the NIMBY Gestapo that have accosted me on my weekly trip to the Westhill shops - f@@kin' Nazis.

"I take it you've lodged your objection sir?" .... "NO! F@@K OFF, I'M ALL FOR IT!"

Saw a story about a dude who's set up a Facebook page for the "silent majority" who are supporting the development. However, I'm f@@ked if I can find it to give the boy my support ....

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Maybe combat the NIMBY Gestapo that have accosted me on my weekly trip to the Westhill shops - f@@kin' Nazis.

May need them to see the ground fae their hoos

Page 103 of 560 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast