+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 104 of 560 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    Good to see a lot of positive support stories in the P&J of late. Maybe combat the NIMBY Gestapo that have accosted me on my weekly trip to the Westhill shops - f@@kin' Nazis.

"I take it you've lodged your objection sir?" .... "NO! F@@K OFF, I'M ALL FOR IT!"

Saw a story about a dude who's set up a Facebook page for the "silent majority" who are supporting the development. However, I'm f@@ked if I can find it to give the boy my support ....
    You mean the Yes Kingsford page or there's another one?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1073599459376865/

Sky Sports take on it

By final decision in the summer George Yule will. "ensure any valid concerns are adressed"
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 16-03-2017 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Sky Sports take on it

By final decision in the summer George Yule will. "ensure any valid concerns are adressed"
    "Fake News" at it's finest there. Was just Aberdeenshire Council voting to take a position of objection even though they have no say in it really.

With the council elections next month a lot could change between now and the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    "Fake News" at it's finest there. Was just Aberdeenshire Council voting to take a position of objection even though they have no say in it really.

With the council elections next month a lot could change between now and the summer.

I can see this not happening now. That being the case then the potential set back for the club will be huge. At best they will get the training pitches however that would presumably mean going back to the drawing board and redeveloping Pittodrie which will be just a half-arsed attempt resembling the RDS. My heart sinks at that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I can see this not happening now. That being the case then the potential set back for the club will be huge. At best they will get the training pitches however that would presumably mean going back to the drawing board and redeveloping Pittodrie which will be just a half-arsed attempt resembling the RDS. My heart sinks at that thought.

the whole venture has been one cock-up after another.

from the initial 30k(because someone else would have paid a chunk) stadium, to the 22k loirston lighted roof , to the present cheap looking embarrassing iteration (imo) at kingsford.

I'm almost hoping the whole thing is binned until we get people running our club - who have at least some modicum of gumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    the whole venture has been one cock-up after another.

from the initial 30k(because someone else would have paid a chunk) stadium, to the 22k loirston lighted roof , to the present cheap looking embarrassing iteration (imo) at kingsford.

I'm almost hoping the whole thing is binned until we get people running our club - who have at least some modicum of gumption.

The whole thing is thoroughly depressing
    From the clubs half baked Loirston attempt, to the standard template soul-less stadium that's now proposed, to the North East's general attitude to progress and change
    Parochial tin pot small town mentaility
    This time in 2020 we'll still be debating where the new stadium might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post

That's pretty much how I feel. If any part of this goes wrong, it could kill the club stone dead

This needs to be rejected.

Nobody is going to go to a Park and Ride to then get a cattle bus to Westhill.

St Johnstone tried it and everyone did it once and never again. We don't have the option of people then driving and parking to fall back on because of where it is.

I agree with some of the other points made. Has always been a crazy idea to relocate stadium elsewhere, especially now given the economic downturn.

I think best option that we have ever had is to re-develop Pittodrie bit by bit. Definitely would be cheaper and if truth be told, we could surely do it whilst playing there? Start of with the main stand being flattened. We would likely end up with a reduced capacity, circa 18k but that's all we need.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    This needs to be rejected.

Nobody is going to go to a Park and Ride to then get a cattle bus to Westhill.

St Johnstone tried it and everyone did it once and never again. We don't have the option of people then driving and parking to fall back on because of where it is.
    Thats the main problem re. anticipated attendance; No one builds a shopping mall in an outlying area without enough parking space.

They could have filled the area proposed with parking , but then there would have been no training facilities.

AFAIK The parking allocation per person is arbitrary on the local authority where common sense should prevail.
    especially when not in a built up area.
    I saw someone post the guidelines for Ireland ( Northern I think) where the allocation(for new stadia) is 1 car space per 3 people , not the absurd figure given by Milne. It makes me suspect he's (knowingly ?) hoodwinking us somewhat.

So as far as location - it really boils down to Kingsford not having enough area. Which was also the case with Loirston.

It's a disaster IMO
    Last edited by Jussi; 17-03-2017 at 01:29 PM.

Page 104 of 560 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast