+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 560 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

re: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

hey euro tim
    where u been?

Dont come onto here and post all this pathetic celtic fan, hun, euro tim stuff you prat.

I am more of an Aberdeen fan through and through than you ever will be.

Its cock head air head fans like you that will allow the club to sleep into this new stadium debt thing.

Maybe engage with the topic 'New Stadium' instead of coming on here and dishing out pathetic banter.

Can't argue with you EuroMeister on much of what you say, you're clearly passionate about this. However with the board as it is staying at Pittodrie is not an option even if you want it to be. It's also a soulless place I think, where you can hear the tumbleweed and the gulls above the fans. I've been going for over forty years but would be delighted with a new stadium - anywhere really. The stands need to be built to maximise the sound and the fans need to be taken onboard with their usually excellent suggestions for what they would like to see. Assuming it will go ahead you could perhaps accept that, (through gritted teeth), and start to put forward your ideas to help to make it the best it could be. Sometimes the best ideas come from those who are in opposition. Just a thought!

NB: this is a reply to post 102

[quote="EuroMeister"]Had to laugh about this. The delusion of the new stadium crops up again.

The board get the club debt free and then put out another design (whats this the 8th go at this) effort at a 'new stadium'. All the usual suspects come out of the woodwork falling for all the propaganda about how wonderful it is going to be and how it looks.

Yes, how it looks - a feckin mocked up idea/concept knocked up by a designer.

- Ignore the fact its going to cost what £40m to build (allegedly).
    - Ignore the fact that fans will pay for it because of increased cost of getting into it.
    - Ignore the fact that the club cannot afford it and will get into mortgage debt to some bank because of it.
    - Ignore fact that Tory boy Milne will top up his pension pot by making money out of houses on Pittodrie.
    - ignore fact that redeveloping parts/aspects of Pittodrie AND building a training ground could be done at fraction of a cost.
    - Ignore fact that this is

How did your beloved Septic get on in the Champions League?

In fairness, I can't believe it’s taken this long for anyone to question where the finance is coming from.

As good as the overall plan looks (despite the 2 choke points for entrances and exits) where is the additional £30 mil coming from once we sell Pittodrie?

Nothing’s been mentioned there.

We can have facilities drawn up to rival Real and Barca on paper, but where is the funding?

One possible way for raising the required funds could be crowd sourcing.

BrewDog for example have their Equity for Punks scheme and have raised vast amounts of cash.

Perhaps this is something that AFC could do.

Just a thought.

Quote Originally Posted by weejoeharper
    Can't argue with you EuroMeister on much of what you say, you're clearly passionate about this. However with the board as it is staying at Pittodrie is not an option even if you want it to be. It's also a soulless place I think, where you can hear the tumbleweed and the gulls above the fans. I've been going for over forty years but would be delighted with a new stadium - anywhere really. The stands need to be built to maximise the sound and the fans need to be taken onboard with their usually excellent suggestions for what they would like to see. Assuming it will go ahead you could perhaps accept that, (through gritted teeth), and start to put forward your ideas to help to make it the best it could be. Sometimes the best ideas come from those who are in opposition. Just a thought!

NB: this is a reply to post 102
    Im all for moving to the new stadium but although what your saying about Pittodrie being a soulless place is kind

Quote Originally Posted by EuroTim
    I am more of an Aberdeen fan through and through than you ever will be.
    Are you a top red then?

Look 'bud', arse-rammer (or whatever your pen is), I didn't expect to come onto 'Aberdeen Mad' especially with respect to this topic and not meet the usual assortment of petty insults, virtual online bullying, calling episodes, accusations of Celtic bias or whatever.

Its fine no problem - but yes, I am pretty sure I am a bigger Dons fan than you ever will be.

Page 11 of 560 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111511 ... LastLast