+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 560 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

re: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Funding
    This is a key area of the plan. But we are a lot better shape than we were 2 years ago.
    The area around Pittodrie will be sold will generate circa £10M
    Leaves a gap of £30M - i agree we have not been told how it will be funded and if this was all debt could be perceived as a problem.

However i believe
    There will stadium naming rights - generate circa £5M to £10M
    Sponsorship of training academy - £1M - £2M
    Land cost - will be less than previous and may be land owned by SM Group. As such saving on cost
    There may be a share issue - which would look to generate £10M
    I believe there would still be a shortfall of circa £10M.
    However this will be taken on a 25 year mortgage.
    Interest costs of possibly £600K a year - this will be offset against savings on repairs and maintenance - which are currently costing a similar amount to keep Pittodrie in current state.
    You then have all the other facilities that the club will have with the new training and pitches - which will

Euro, I get what your saying, but given this 40 million stadia complex will be for at least the next 40 years, how much would it cost to remain at pittodrie and rent out the necessary training facilities and transportation expenses. You obviously think it would be less. By how much do you think and where would that money come from?

Quote Originally Posted by EuroMeister
    - Ignore fact that Tory boy Milne will top up his pension pot by making money out of houses on Pittodrie.
    ...anyone still spouting this pish immediately invalidates their points in my eyes. bampot.

Top reds don't call folk cocks and prats

We need to move, simple as that. For so many reasons its not even funny.

One of the biggest things for me, and I'm sure I would not be alone in this, would be moving somewhere where you didnt have to put up with seagulls taking part in some of the games and where there are not full force gales ruining the play.

Stadiums are an important part of a clubs DNA but that should not stop the move happening. The club have obviously realized they could make a fortune with a new gaff although who will pay for it is anyones guess.

@dandies_on_tour

Can't see the club pulling in £5m-£10m just to it to be honest.

Aldo - never said over what period naming rights. Could be 20 years - but figure of £5M - £10M was mentioned. Now may be crap but they are speaking to people about it.
    £500K per year is probably not outside the realms. Specially with a new sports stadium that could host other events. Also as in America these tend to be paid up front.
    Dallas Cowboys - sold their rights for 20 years for $400M - i know we are on a different world from them but $20M a year and all up front.
    Mind you their stadium did cost $1.4B to build!

Land cost - will be less than previous and may be land owned by SM Group
    Did someone not say that this was Bert McIntosh's land? He, and more especially his wife Moira, have been very supportive of the Dons in the past. Might he, if he is the landowner, be offering it to them at a reduced rate, or even renting it to the club at a very competitive price?

Also, looking at the location, is there not a bit of Dons history there in that that is where Bert's tippers dumped a fair pile of the rubble from the Beach End in 1992?

My main fear is the traffic issue. AWPR or nae AWPR, everybody's going to need somewhere to park. It's bad enough getting on and off the A9 to get to St Johnstone, and I think it'll take me longer to travel from the north side of the city to Westhill than it would to Dundee.

Fitba's ace, but the thought of leaving at 12 noon for a home game, appeals very little.

Fairly certain EM is a certain RS from other well known sites.…

Great comments/ideas/feedback on this thread. Good day for Aberdeen FC.

"Did someone not say that this was Bert McIntosh's land? He, and more especially his wife Moira, have been very supportive of the Dons in the past. Might he, if he is the landowner, be offering it to them at a reduced rate, or even renting it to the club at a very competitive price?

Also, looking at the location, is there not a bit of Dons history there in that that is where Bert's tippers dumped a fair pile of the rubble from the Beach End in 1992?

My main fear is the traffic issue. AWPR or nae AWPR, everybody's going to need somewhere to park. It's bad enough getting on and off the A9 to get to St Johnstone, and I think it'll take me longer to travel from the north side of the city to Westhill than it would to Dundee.

Fitba's ace, but the thought of leaving at 12 noon for a home game, appeals very little."

I said I thought it was Bert McIntoshes, Aye his tippers dumped a fair amount of stuff in there many years ago.

If your heading fae the North side of the city, just

Page 12 of 560 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast