+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 123 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Moot point.
    There are thousands who shoot off early at Pittodrie to beat the crowd.
    The crowd leaving early might be but the bottle neck on the car park isn't. Neither is the stadium looking really dull and boring. If they want to do it then do it right.

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    All the chat is pointless, if you support the team, you go! Those who already experience all the difficulties brought up here are not complaining, just those who don't want change or feel aggrieved because their bus/walk won't take them straight there now! A huge proportion of the support (most of whom don't chat on here!!!!) will have a better experience of getting to and from the game particularly those in Shire/north/ south which going by a survey was 47% of the support....many toonsers will use the shuttle and x17.....we can have a beer at n town before one at the fanzine....perfect!
    The problem is it's not anywhere near the city centre. I suggest you try sitting in a soulless 6 miles out of town ground and realise what we'll be faced with. AFC will exist in nothing but name if this goes ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    The problem is it's not anywhere near the city centre. I suggest you try sitting in a soulless 6 miles out of town ground and realise what we'll be faced with. AFC will exist in nothing but name if this goes ahead.
    Just a random example but:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/dir/Am...52.3143713!1m0
    he
    ... 12k+ from equiv of the harbour assuming that's your 6 miles.... rather than somewhere along kings gate (best guess) which is maybe the 'centre'?

...if it ends up soulless, someone has cocked up the potential of it!

It'll take you just as long to get to your car park and out of it

Very ****e for those that live in the city as well whether by car or bus
    No it wont. Regularly I park in Rosemount and thereabouts and still have to hike down to the ground. By the time I reach my car (along with thousands of others) the roads are chokablock throughout the entire city no matter which way you go.

Bring on getting straight on the bypass and being able to get home, or hopping on a bus to town for beers (if the lovely missus drops me off). Either way its less hassle than the current situation.

I walked to Pittodrie when I lived in the city, and now I drive and believe me, its a ****ing nightmare driving compared to my previous hassle free existence. Parking in Aberdeen has become a lot worse than it used to be. Costs a fortune on top of the match day ticket etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    No it wont. Regularly I park in Rosemount and thereabouts and still have to hike down to the ground. By the time I reach my car (along with thousands of others) the roads are chokablock throughout the entire city no matter which way you go.

Bring on getting straight on the bypass and being able to get home, or hopping on a bus to town for beers (if the lovely missus drops me off). Either way its less hassle than the current situation.

I walked to Pittodrie when I lived in the city, and now I drive and believe me, its a ****ing nightmare driving compared to my previous hassle free existence. Parking in Aberdeen has become a lot worse than it used to be. Costs a fortune on top of the match day ticket etc.
    Suspect i am out of touch and looking back through red tinted glasses but i do have one query. Does the Chairman owning the land and a construction company constitute a conflict of interests?

It will be a inconvenience for everyone who has to bus it which is 4988 fans.

Much less convenient for drivers from the city.

Very inconvenient for anyone who does stuff except go to the game and go home. Virtually no social aspect left except meeting at the ground.
    Stansmith, Westhill is a mere 7 miles from Union Street, so its hardly a distance that will end everyone's social life having to go the the "soulless" place that you predict it will be.

Edit: I travelled 14,000 Km to go to the cup final and straight back again the next day, so i'm sure the few miles should not be a problem for you.
    Last edited by BorneoRed; 09-08-2017 at 08:30 AM.

If they insist on this stupid idea of building the stadium out in the country then they better build something special.

Not, as previously suggested, a B&Q with a pitch in the middle.

https://youtu.be/t0pjrlLYO6E

Wonder if there will be a video made about our stadium struggle?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    If they insist on this stupid idea of building the stadium out in the country then they better build something special.

Not, as previously suggested, a B&Q with a pitch in the middle.
    ^This - I've not been overly impressed with the images presented so far. They should build an architecturally iconic building and set the benchmark. First all seated - to the #1 stadium design.

With a roof!

Page 123 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123124125133173223 ... LastLast