+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 560 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

re: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

I’d be highly surprised if we managed to get naming rights of that totals, unless the likes of Red-Bull etc were somehow attracted.

£10 mil might be a bit adventurous in a share offering as well.

For the self-build mortgage, would a bank loan £15-20 mil out to us? Especially in this climate?

I’d like to see a breakdown of what the plans are. It all seems a bit too good to be true just now.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared
    There still seems to be people that believe it is possible to redevelop Pittodrie? I don't get it.
    A couple of 1:5000 scale extracts from streetmap.co.uk

Getting really sad here, but have drawn in the approximate footprints available for development of Tynecastle and Pittodrie.

Conclusion - where there's a will - Budge listened to the yams saying they didn't fancy moving......

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft
    - Ignore fact that Tory boy Milne will top up his pension pot by making money out of houses on Pittodrie.
    ...anyone still spouting this pish immediately invalidates their points in my eyes. bampot. [/quote]

Fatshaft !

Quote Originally Posted by "EuroMeister2
    yes, I am pretty sure I am a bigger Dons fan than you ever will be.
    Is that by volume or weight?

Milne on North Tonight saying the site at Pittodrie will deliver a substantial amount of the funding required. He also said it will be a challenge to get the rest of the funding but they have no option...

So in other words , he has no idea where he's getting the money from...

Shakes head , again

"Fitba's ace, but the thought of leaving at 12 noon for a home game, appeals very little."

The thought of leaving at noon for a home game is bliss pour moi!

The club are not getting into debt staying at Pittodrie. Its a stable club on an even keel. There are lots of ways of sprucing up Pittodrie via investment.

A new training ground? Think for a minute if it costs £XYZ to upkeep Pittodrie how much will it cost to keep 5 pitches, 3 artificial pitches and acres space in good nick all year??? Unless of course Milne wants AC Council to pay for that as well?

I can appreciate the players, McInnes wanting training facilities. What they have currently is amateurish but we are not Real Madrid, or the Barca Academy. We are not winning deals for the next 12 yr old Messi on strength of good facilities. It's pretty humble good quality facilities we need, more than enough for the club and community of size it is.

Someone else said crowd funding to pay for new place? Its a stadium they need ££millions for not a new podcast.

They've already got corporate facilities at RDS - just what thinking is it that makes the AFC the club think its

Training facilities are an expensive smokescreen. All they need is one pitch & a changing room.

There has never been one example of a Scottish player made better by training facilities.

As for the ground, I'd've preferred it if they redeveloped Pittodrie. Mainly because I dont trust Milne to build the new ground. He usually makes an absolute c*nt of things when it comes to football

For £40 mill we couldve won the spfl then get to the later rpunds of champs league then bring in the millions through sponsors etc

Joking of course.

Jesus Christ Euromeister, I'm away to hing masel since I clearly woke up in far too good a mood. What was I thinking.....

If everyone at AFC had that spin on it, we will all be dead by 2019 anyway.

I realise 15 years of false dons of stadium move failures can take its toll but we have to start being more positive at some point no?

Have you considered councilling? Perhaps with your local off license?

Have faith.....or at least don't hang your self yet

Page 13 of 560 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast