+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 133 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

If the chairman of the initial business owns the land that the business proposes to move to, and , for example, owns the the land to be developed and (no it couldn't happen) owns construction company with a fair chance of getting the business would that be regarded as a conflict of interests?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Your route is taking a tour if the training facilities too
    No it's not. Have you seen the layout of the stadium on the land and the access routes?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
    It's an asthetics perception issue.
    Certainly nothing worth getting your knickers in a twist over.

Not every supporter would be behind it, Stansmith clearly does not want it to be at Kingsford, as I said earlier, nothing will please him.
    NIMBYism at its finest
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    NIMBY talk at its best.
    I'd like the stadium In My Back Yard which is the city of Aberdeen. I'd also like the stadium to not be ****e. My money and everyone else's will be going towards this. I don't want a crap stadium with no character in a location with no identity.

Many of you have very low standards and it appears many people's have been lowered drastically to this crap because they just want the whole saga to be over with.

Angry

Again, what is it specifically you want included?
    Can I refer you to any of the dozens of previous posts showing stadia with steep raked stands, tight to the pitch to make the place as intimidating as possible...

If our proposed new stadium is on same lines as Bristol Rovers, then it will have neither.

Where have you been for the last 20 years? Do you never hear the TV and Radio commentary teams waxing lyrical about big game atmospheres at Tynecastle / Celtic park? There are plenty of factors involved, but consensus amongst professionals in the game seems to be that the factors I've mentioned can play a big factor in generating an atmosphere.

It doesnt cost more to get these in the design!! Just need to be IN the design!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    No it's not. Have you seen the layout of the stadium on the land and the access routes?
    Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Makes the need to move redundant then.
    He is completely confused.

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Can I refer you to any of the dozens of previous posts showing stadia with steep raked stands, tight to the pitch to make the place as intimidating as possible...

If our proposed new stadium is on same lines as Bristol Rovers, then it will have neither.

Where have you been for the last 20 years? Do you never hear the TV and Radio commentary teams waxing lyrical about big game atmospheres at Tynecastle / Celtic park? There are plenty of factors involved, but consensus amongst professionals in the game seems to be that the factors I've mentioned can play a big factor in generating an atmosphere.

It doesnt cost more to get these in the design!! Just need to be IN the design!!!
    Exactly. They've used a ****e architect with no experience of football stadiums.

This rubbish about no difference how the stadium is is laughable. We've got one chance at this and it's where we'll go every 2nd week till we die. It will be the most expensive wasted opportunity or mistake in the club's history if we go to that stadium in that location.

It also seems to be repeatedly overlooked that NOBODY is saying don't move to the right location or don't rebuild Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by BorneoRed View Post
    Jeezus wept. Are you for real?

I really dont have to repeat myself and many others to the obvious reason why we shouldnt all be delighted.
    (or most people anyway)
    We have one of the worst facilities (apart the DD stand) in the SPL, we have THE worst training facilities in the SPL.
    The excuses I read from some people on here is unbelievable, too far, no parking, no pubs, "soulless" looks like B&Q....
    It is getting so tedious reading the pathetic comments.
    Never lead with a religious turn of phrase if you want to come across as rational - also it is Jesus, not jeezus.
    Now we have cleared that up - here are a couple more clarifications;

1. I have never been against training facilities being located at Westhill. The so called Phase A of the project looks good to me ( council like it also I believe). It's Phase B ( a stadium) that many, many people have a problem with.
    2. "Facilities". The following are the required facilities at a football ground;
    a) seat (optional) , mounted on concrete plinth, facing the pitch.
    b) roof over seat to protect me from weather.
    c) toilet up at the back
    d) pie and bovril outlet.

Everything else is surplus to requirements. I have this at Pittodrie. Sure, there are arguably improvements that could be made ( replace main stand ?), but on the whole - it meets spec. If it didn't , it would be shut down.

I think some people on here have forgotten what fitba is all about - entertainment for the WORKING MAN.
    So let's stop with the faux gentrification trip, look around Scotland see what others have done, avoid the ego trips and get real.

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Makes the need to move redundant then.
    Not at all.
    If we stay where we are, restrictions will reduce the available attendance.
    The main stand is crumbling and inadequate for a modern club. This is the stand that hold all of the clubs functions and is inadequate to support the community activities run by the AFCCT.
    The south stand I recall had subsidence.
    How long before the Merkland is condemned too.
    Can you imagine playing in front of the DD stand only?

Redeveloping the three stands at Pittodrie would cost more and still not deliver the training ground.

I have. You've stretched to 1.87 then rounded up to 2 miles.
    Even then it's not dramatically increased the walking time over the current set up, especially when you've ignore the closer Arnhall and Lawsondale options.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    I'd like the stadium In My Back Yard which is the city of Aberdeen. I'd also like the stadium to not be ****e. My money and everyone else's will be going towards this. I don't want a crap stadium with no character in a location with no identity.

Many of you have very low standards and it appears many people's have been lowered drastically to this crap because they just want the whole saga to be over with.
    Stan, it is in the city, that's why it's Aberdeen planning that this is going through.
    It's as much part of Aberdeen as Duce, Bridge of Don, Tory and Kincorth.

It laughable you talk about low standards, when this project failing would mean lower and further reducing standards at Pittodrie.

Your either a Nimby or selfishly looking at it from your own local as opposed to what's best for the club

You've stretched to 1.87 then rounded up to 2 miles.
    Even then it's not dramatically increased the walking time over the current set up, especially when you've ignore the closer Arnhall and Lawsondale options.
    It's not been "stretched". Look where the stadium is and look where the exit onto the A944 is:

The distance from Kingswells P&R to the stadium is significantly further than the current situation. For example, UTG to Pittodrie via Union Street / King Street / Park Road is around 1.4 miles and there are also multiple routes that people can take to spread the footfall. There is only one walking route from Kingswells to Kingsford.

I know about Arnhall and Lawsondale - I've been travelling to work in Westhill from the city for the last 15+ years.

I think you underestimate the time taken to get to these places (across a busy dual carriageway). Also, what parking facilities will be available? Who has agreed to allow their private car parks to be used on match days?

Stan, it is in the city, that's why it's Aberdeen planning that this is going through.
    It's as much part of Aberdeen as Duce, Bridge of Don, Tory and Kincorth.
    Those places have large and well-established housing and leisure facilities. Kingsford has none of these. It's a piece of empty land, literally at the very edge of the city boundary. The nearest facilities are in Westhill, which is not part of Aberdeen City.

It's not been "stretched". Look where the stadium is and look where the exit onto the A944 is:

The distance from Kingswells P&R to the stadium is significantly further than the current situation. For example, UTG to Pittodrie via Union Street / King Street / Park Road is around 1.4 miles and there are also multiple routes that people can take to spread the footfall. There is only one walking route from Kingswells to Kingsford.

I know about Arnhall and Lawsondale - I've been travelling to work in Westhill from the city for the last 15+ years.

I think you underestimate the time taken to get to these places (across a busy dual carriageway). Also, what parking facilities will be available? Who has agreed to allow their private car parks to be used on match days?

Those places have large and well-established housing and leisure facilities. Kingsford has none of these. It's a piece of empty land, literally at the very edge of the city boundary. The nearest facilities are in Westhill, which is not part of Aberdeen City.
    It's is stretched and rounded up.
    You've started in the car park then do a tour of the stadium past the away end.
    Not the likely route of most fans.

Regardless of the stretching and rounding, its not going to add that much extra time and arguably, will be easier than the current set up.
    I've seen fans making their way home in bridge of don having walked by the time I drive past them.
    That's a far greater distance than Kingsford to Kingswells P&R

Page 133 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast