+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 134 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Stan, it is in the city, that's why it's Aberdeen planning that this is going through.
    It's as much part of Aberdeen as Duce, Bridge of Don, Tory and Kincorth.

It laughable you talk about low standards, when this project failing would mean lower and further reducing standards at Pittodrie.

Your either a Nimby or selfishly looking at it from your own local as opposed to what's best for the club
    If it takes 2 hours to walk to a place from Union Street then it's not in Aberdeen.

This project failing won't mean anything. How have you all fallen for this? This needs to fail and preferably someone other than Stewart Milne can design a proper stadium and training ground.

Are we going to see a full stadium like is surely the aim of spending £50m? No, because it's a bog standard box where tickets will cost £30, travel costs and time will increase, nobody can walk, there's not enough to do where the stadium is and it's miles out of the way.

It's a shocking plan that needs rejected before we become a Darlington or Coventry.

Lol
    Dinna min

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Never lead with a religious turn of phrase if you want to come across as rational - also it is Jesus, not jeezus.
    Now we have cleared that up - here are a couple more clarifications;

1. I have never been against training facilities being located at Westhill. The so called Phase A of the project looks good to me ( council like it also I believe). It's Phase B ( a stadium) that many, many people have a problem with.
    2. "Facilities". The following are the required facilities at a football ground;
    a) seat (optional) , mounted on concrete plinth, facing the pitch.
    b) roof over seat to protect me from weather.
    c) toilet up at the back
    d) pie and bovril outlet.

Everything else is surplus to requirements. I have this at Pittodrie. Sure, there are arguably improvements that could be made ( replace main stand ?), but on the whole - it meets spec. If it didn't , it would be shut down.

I think some people on here have forgotten what fitba is all about - entertainment for the WORKING MAN.
    So let's stop with the faux gentrification trip, look around Scotland see what others have done, avoid the ego trips and get real.
    First of all, I am well aware of how to spell. 2nd point, how I start my comments, is my choice, whether it's on religious grounds or not.

For your further comments, you point is?

As I said NIMBYISM at its best. Maybe you should just go to Inverdee or Hazlehead and watch some amatuer football before heading to church.

Of course we all have our opinions, but I, like many others, find your objections p!ss poor.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    If it takes 2 hours to walk to a place from Union Street then it's not in Aberdeen.
    I take in your book, those that live in Dyce don't live in Aberdeen
    Your straw man arguments hold no water.

You don't like it because it's moving, we get that, but it will move and benefit the club, the majority of fans and secure the future progression.

I don't care if they've moved the border but Dyce isn't in Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I don't care if they've moved the border but Dyce isn't in Aberdeen.
    Really.
    I'm interested to hear what constitutes the city then.
    How about Stoneywood, Bankhead or Bucksburn
    Is Bridge of Don in Aberdeen?
    Is Tory?
    Are you guys literally taking Aberdeen as between the Dee and the Don?

Really.
    I'm interested to hear what constitutes the city then.
    How about Stoneywood, Bankhead or Bucksburn
    Is Bridge of Don in Aberdeen?
    Is Tory?

Are you guys literally taking Aberdeen as between the Dee and the Don?
    They are suburbs Dyce is a toon. Given it has train station and airport might have made a good location for a Stadium but hey ho.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    They are suburbs Dyce is a toon. Given it has train station and airport might have made a good location for a Stadium but hey ho.
    Lol, so Dyce is not in Aberdeen (in your opinion) but a good location for the new stadium.
    NIMBYism is showing great strength here.

I don't know which era you guys are all from, but here's a couple of maps of Aberdeen City

Name:  IMG_0556.JPG
Views: 401
Size:  46.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0557.JPG
Views: 413
Size:  42.4 KB

It makes FA difference to me where the stadium is , i mentioned previously i live 12000 miles away and have no right to an opinion on it's location. I do feel the right to express concern on how the club is run and (in my less than humble opinion) the Kingsford scheme looks half baked.

Regardless I will go and watch them where ever they end up any time i am in the country and will continue with RedTV despite it's shortcomings too.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    the Kingsford scheme looks half baked.

Transport/Location - Right at the x-roads of two dual carraigeways, one of which is the AWPR - compared to Pittodrie, this is world class access.

Facilities - New 20,000 seater, all weather training pitches, community facilites, all at one location. Superb.

I'd say the exact opposite of half baked, this is well done indeed.

Page 134 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast