+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 135 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Transport/Location - Right at the x-roads of two dual carraigeways, one of which is the AWPR - compared to Pittodrie, this is world class access.

Facilities - New 20,000 seater, all weather training pitches, community facilites, all at one location. Superb.

I'd say the exact opposite of half baked, this is well done indeed.
    Well said.
    Someone with common sense and no NIMBYism / self interest present

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Well said.
    Someone with common sense and no NIMBYism / self interest present
    You do realise that alot of what you are disagreeing with is coming from people that arent from near the new stadiums proposed site so its not NIMBYism. Unless the have gigantic back yards

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You do realise that alot of what you are disagreeing with is coming from people that arent from near the new stadiums proposed site so its not NIMBYism. Unless the have gigantic back yards
    Did you not see the "/ self interest"?
    This captures this that stay for example on Pittodrie Lane and don't want to change their travel / habits for the good of the club

Quote Originally Posted by Landvetter83 View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAf3AjMUVB8

Apologies if already posted. Just came across it this evening. Looks quite new......
    Just wanted to bump this.
    Pretty balanced and considered (imo)

Lol, so Dyce is not in Aberdeen (in your opinion) but a good location for the new stadium.
    NIMBYism is showing great strength here.

]
    It was this one that made me reply

Location doesnt bother me as ill go wherever. Im more worried about the state of the place as it doesnt look good at all

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    It was this one that made me reply

Location doesnt bother me as ill go wherever. Im more worried about the state of the place as it doesnt look good at all
    That's the point.
    Some state Kingsford is not "in the city" whilst others say Dyce would be a good option, but that's not in the city either.

I still don't get then "looks" issue. Some calling for steep stands like Tynecastle, which I get because of the atmosphere, but not convinced it would have received permission from the local council.
    Many a fan has went tumbling down the steps of Tynecastle.

For me it's getting a good view of the pitch first and foremost, with a small persuasion for decent food outlets and decent toilets.
    The pub will be good for additional revenue and I'm sure will be well used before and after the games

That's the point.
    Some state Kingsford is not "in the city" whilst others say Dyce would be a good option, but that's not in the city either.

I still don't get then "looks" issue. Some calling for steep stands like Tynecastle, which I get because of the atmosphere, but not convinced it would have received permission from the local council.
    Many a fan has went tumbling down the steps of Tynecastle.

For me it's getting a good view of the pitch first and foremost, with a small persuasion for decent food outlets and decent toilets.
    The pub will be good for additional revenue and I'm sure will be well used before and after the games
    As previously have absolutely no issue with where it is in fact, on balance, my bro. is nearer Kingsford so it will be handier for me if i'm staying at his place. So any miniscule amount of 'self interest' would be there. My concern ,as mentioned previously, is conflict of interest. The proposals i have seen look like a student project that was worked on the night before to meet the deadline.

Anyway hopefully i am wrong and it moves along quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    The proposals i have seen look like a student project that was worked on the night before to meet the deadline.

Anyway hopefully i am wrong and it moves along quickly.
    What do you believe could be done better?
    I thought the plans looked quite good so keen to know what others thing should be incorporated.

What do you believe could be done better?
    I thought the plans looked quite good so keen to know what others thing should be incorporated.
    There's a few hundred posts on this thread you could look at but essentially they're saying the same thing.

Someone on the afc-chat was sayin that aberdeenshire council had said they would provide space at portlethen. Presumably at the hillside/marywell area. One of the original contenders in fact( which IMO was the best proposal)

If thats true , they should opt for there. Its bang on the AWPR route , & probably same distance , or less from pittidrie as is kingsford.

should they fail with kingsford.

Page 135 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast