+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    There's a few hundred posts on this thread you could look at but essentially they're saying the same thing.
    The posts I read all just say it looks ****e. If I'm repeating myself, it's because no-one has made any comment of note.
    What about the looks?
    The only thing I recall was about how steep the stands are.

You are an advocator of the ****e looks, what do you not like about it?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    What do you believe could be done better?
    I thought the plans looked quite good so keen to know what others thing should be incorporated.
    I would like to have seen more about the alternatives and why Kingsford was a better option. A little more about traffic management perhaps a bit of innovative solutions around (say) Uber accounts linked to tickets? Maybe businesses around the old site being included and offered incentives to get involved. All up it had the feel of something put together by people of my generation trying to appeal to subsequent generations - a little like using text speak or emojis LOL ;-)

Anyway these are small details but the one i am most concerned about it that one individual is central to everything.

You are an advocator of the ****e looks, what do you not like about it?
    It looks sh1te

Quote Originally Posted by DonUnder View Post
    I would like to have seen more about the alternatives and why Kingsford was a better option. A little more about traffic management perhaps a bit of innovative solutions around (say) Uber accounts linked to tickets? Maybe businesses around the old site being included and offered incentives to get involved. All up it had the feel of something put together by people of my generation trying to appeal to subsequent generations - a little like using text speak or emojis LOL ;-)

Anyway these are small details but the one i am most concerned about it that one individual is central to everything.

So nothing about the stadium itself, just alternative options, traffic management (which no doubt will be work in practice but most likely an improvement on Pittodrie) and for Uber accounts (do they even operate in Aberdeen?)

What do you believe could be done better?
    Are you the Angus Bull !

you keep asking the same question. pictures have been posted of superior design features elsewhere.

I'd like something gestalt, a symmetrical arena all the way around, with entrance from above , so as not to waste space on too many tunnels intruding into the precious area we do have. No idiotic wasted corners. Who the heck builds a new ground with useless corners from the get-go. ( Milne I guess)

This would hopefully provide a 'wall' of fans all around & create better atmosphere IMO

It's a huge improvement on the awful ersatz construction we are seeing, which in itself is a downgraded version of Loirston.

So nothing about the stadium itself, just alternative options, traffic management (which no doubt will be work in practice but most likely an improvement on Pittodrie) and for Uber accounts (do they even operate in Aberdeen?)
    Well if they don't it kind of reinforces my point. "Aberdeen Football Club plan to offer a new and exciting transport facility DonUber!" Michty.

As for the stadium not crazy about it as other posters have mentioned 360 and steeper work for me.

Nothing about the proposal seems innovative to me but as i said hopefully I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Are you the Angus Bull !

you keep asking the same question. pictures have been posted of superior design features elsewhere.

I'd like something gestalt, a symmetrical arena all the way around, with entrance from above , so as not to waste space on too many tunnels intruding into the precious area we do have. No idiotic wasted corners. Who the heck builds a new ground with useless corners from the get-go. ( Milne I guess)
    Entrance from above with no tunnels.
    I'd immediately think there would be concerns raised over HSE and evacuation plans.
    Add in a huge additional cost to submerge the ground, else are you suggesting we climb to the top to go back down to our seats.

This would hopefully provide a 'wall' of fans all around & create better atmosphere IMO
    It's important that the fans create the noise, not the stadium.
    Pittodrie can be very atmospheric, but at other times very, very quiet.

It's a huge improvement on the awful ersatz construction we are seeing, which in itself is a downgraded version of Loirston.
    Would you agree or disagree it's an improvement on Pittodrie?

That's the point.
    Some state Kingsford is not "in the city" whilst others say Dyce would be a good option, but that's not in the city either.

I still don't get then "looks" issue. Some calling for steep stands like Tynecastle, which I get because of the atmosphere, but not convinced it would have received permission from the local council.
    Many a fan has went tumbling down the steps of Tynecastle.

For me it's getting a good view of the pitch first and foremost, with a small persuasion for decent food outlets and decent toilets.
    The pub will be good for additional revenue and I'm sure will be well used before and after the games
    Many a fan has went tumbling down the steps of Tynecastle??? Are you for real???

You're clearly conjuring up reasons to leave AFC's plan alone - I smell a rat mate. Go back to your colleagues on the AFC board and tell them to get some decent stadium options. Best wishes, RM.

I know a fan that went tumbling down the stairs at Tynecastle but to be fair, it was the boot up his @rse that set him off

Quote Originally Posted by red_mist View Post
    Many a fan has went tumbling down the steps of Tynecastle??? Are you for real???

You're clearly conjuring up reasons to leave AFC's plan alone - I smell a rat mate. Go back to your colleagues on the AFC board and tell them to get some decent stadium options. Best wishes, RM.
    No rat, not seen a game gone by when at least one Aberdeen fan his stumbled or tumbled down the steps.
    In the cup game, one guy was extremely lucky to have been caught by fellow Dandies

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I know a fan that went tumbling down the stairs at Tynecastle but to be fair, it was the boot up his @rse that set him off
    Generally it's also the type of refreshments partaken before the game that adds to the risk

Page 136 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast