+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 141 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I like it although I now hope it doesn't go ahead. I was all for it before, living in Meldrum it would suit us fine. We drive to most games and would take less time to get to the kingsford site. I don't see much wrong with the actual design of it and I would look forward to watching it get built and arriving for the first game there but I think it is just too far out of the town centre.

I can't see us getting the numbers required as I believe too much individual people will be put off by the commute. In theory the shuttle busses are a good idea but in practice I am not so sure (stuck in a bus, in traffic blah blah) It just isn't practical enough to encourage people to use it.

This time next week I'll probably have changed my mind again
    Yaaaaas min my lift sorted

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That fly by vid was pretty good. I like the bit where it completely avoided the inside of the stadium
    I presume they will release that next week in the build up to the forthcoming planning consultations. No point in showing all your cards early.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    In what way does Kingsford not look like a football ground?
    You talk about it being a bowl, but Kingsford is enclosed as well.
    Big difference between a bowl and enclosed.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesheep View Post
    Aye ok!! There is a queue all the way down Pittodrie Street looking to take our club on. This development is a must; yes maybe he is over the top with euro games being played in Glasgow but our stadium is on its last legs and will be deemed not suitable for euro games for a number of reasons.
    You might not agree or even like Milne but do you have issue with a very successful businessman in Dave Cormack. Do you object to the opinions of Fergie or esteemed manager.

Time to support positively

It's not about picking sides Thesheep, its about continually being fed a line of BS from our chairman.
    One minute, he is telling us we MUST support the team and get behind them with season tickets (which i have by the way), then next he is telling us that the stadium he desperately wants us to buy a ticket for is a pile of sh!t and not fit for purpose.

Some of us just aren't so taken in by fancy fly by presentations and graphics....

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Big difference between a bowl and enclosed.
    I'd rather have it enclosed like the video is shown than a bowl.
    Bowls tend to be further away from the pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    That fly by vid was pretty good. I like the bit where it completely avoided the inside of the stadium
    That's the most positive thing I've think I've seen you post.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesheep View Post
    Plenty optimism going on here among the supporters for these plans! ��

I get that most of us have romantic ties to the old lady that is Pittodrie and some of the memories we have probably won't be relived; certainly not in the short term. I get that we also all have differing views on where the stadium should be, how it should look and what it should include....... but let's all agree on a couple of things.

We are moving; Pittodrie will not be redeveloped no matter how much we all might love that. So let's park that. More importantly we are all passionate Dons fans and the truth be told we will support our team wherever the new stadium ends up! The Kingsford development might split some opinion but it's what is on the table and is what is supported not just by our board ( some dons fans who might not agree with Wiggy no matter what) but also by our amazing management team and Aberdeen legends!

It's time to unite as Dons fans behind this project; overcome these NIMBYISM Gimps and force the council into actually making a positive decision for the City of Aberdeen and our club.
    +1

Pittodrie will not be redeveloped, unless anyone on here happens to have the money to do so.

The pitch, and stadium, does not meet UEFA regulations for playing in Europe. Thats a fact and I dont get why people are arguing that we can just stay at Pittodrie while work is carried out/funded or whatever.

If we, as fans, cant even get behind this proposed new stadium together then how can we expect the nimbys and ACC to consider getting behind this project?

It will end up getting refused. Partially because we, as fans, are not behind the club enough on this. Then everyone will probably get their wish. Milne will bugger off. So will McInnes and probably half the team and we'll end up back as a bottom 6 side for a good few years until someone else comes up with the funds and plans to do something. Maybe even redevelop Pittodrie - unlikely but I suppose possible. And that will take years to plan and then carry out, meantime what kind of team will we have on the park? But it wont need to be as big as less people will go watch a team thats not as successful and entertaining as now.

Thats my opinion anyway. A shame everyone cant get behind the plans. None of us fans have any idea of what will be involved in redeveloping Pittodrie other than "just buy the golf course and use that area" "just buy all the streets and properties alongside the stadium" etc. With what cash?

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    With what cash?
    Erm, the cash we are using to build a new stadium with.........

You honestly think that the sale of Pittodrie is funding the whole Kingsford development?

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Parking and travel is obviously an issue for a lot of fans and has to be addressed.
    I don't see the parking being such a big deal for this simple reason - money. You don't need a lot of space to charge 1 car 3 quid to park for a few hours before someone somewhere is making a nice little profit. The travel on the other hand i see as a big deal and I don't really know if there is a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Yaaaaas min my lift sorted
    I'll easy drive if you can source and fit a new turbocharger. I'm getting some pretty funky warning lights on the dash f*ckin cars

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    It's not about picking sides Thesheep, its about continually being fed a line of BS from our chairman.
    One minute, he is telling us we MUST support the team and get behind them with season tickets (which i have by the way), then next he is telling us that the stadium he desperately wants us to buy a ticket for is a pile of sh!t and not fit for purpose.

Some of us just aren't so taken in by fancy fly by presentations and graphics....
    You kind of have me baffled and confused. I thought buying a season ticket is all about supporting your tea and hey happens to save you a few pounds along the way! It's not much to do with the stadium! And hey if it was; do you think even if we sold 20,000 season tickets that a brand new stadium would be magicked up over night!

You obviously don't like Milne; we could be sitting top, in the Europa League and just signed Messi and your view on Milne wouldn't change. Fair dos; but do you not like Sir Alex, Paul Lawrie, Dave Cormack or Del?? They all are behind the project which is essential. So let's get off the Stewart Milne hig horse and support the cause.

I am all for free speech and having your own opinion; but my flaw is I can't stand negativity and moaning for the sake of it! Apologies

Page 141 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast