+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 143 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,430 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    We sold our best player last season, which has allowed us to get better players in, which seems to have been forgotten.

I am only pointing out that Milne is contradicting himself regarding the push for season tickets, for a seat in a stadium that he describes as not being fit for purpose.

I just don't trust anything he says i am afraid.
    Lose the will to live! Thinking Milne must have had an affair with your wife or you really are the king of NIMBYISM and the person behind NoKingsford. Milne will be gone within 15-20 years; our club and stadium will be long see him out.

Really lacking in any argument here against the proposed development!

Baffling people are still asking for arguments against a stadium next to Westhill.

There is no evidence whatsoever that crowds would remain at current level with everything that a stadium 6 miles from the city centre entails.

Quote Originally Posted by Thesheep View Post
    Lose the will to live! Thinking Milne must have had an affair with your wife or you really are the king of NIMBYISM and the person behind NoKingsford. Milne will be gone within 15-20 years; our club and stadium will be long see him out.

Really lacking in any argument here against the proposed development!
    Thought people were allowed to have an opinion, or has that ended?

Just because I don't swallow everything that comes out of Pittodrie and smile while licking my lips, means i can't have an opinion now does it?

As for bringing my family into it, wow, great arguement........

Back on topic, Fvck please tell me he will be gone long before 15 more years!!!! We have all suffered more than enough for the last 20 years or so, another 15-20 wow, hope not.

Aye right...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotlan...tland-40939573

Aberdeen 'may play European games in central belt' without new stadium

Aberdeen FC chairman Stewart Milne has warned the club faces playing European games in Glasgow or Edinburgh in future.

He was talking at a campaign launch to support a new stadium to replace Pittodrie, which he said will soon not meet the criteria to host Uefa games.
    The £50m stadium and training facilities would be at Kingsford, close to the Aberdeen bypass, near Westhill.

However, objectors have called for the club to look elsewhere.

A decision is due to be taken by councillors in October. A pre-determination hearing will take place on 13 September at Aberdeen Town House.

The new campaign - called Aurora - is being spearheaded by former Aberdeen manager Sir Alex Ferguson.

Other options

Mr Milne, speaking at the launch, said of the forthcoming new stadium ruling: "The consequences of a negative decision on this will have massive bearings on the future of this club.

"At some point we will no longer get dispensation to play European games here.

"Our options are to play in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

"What sort of statement would that send out? What would our fans think?"

A decision is due in October after a hearing in SeptemberJohn Thornton, of the No Kingsford Stadium group, said: "Obviously the decision is up to the council, if they act according to planning law they will reject this application.

"There is no economic benefit for Westhill.

"There are other sites they can look at and they can still redevelop Pittodrie."

Objectors say concerns include traffic and parking issues.

One positive from the stadium. Away minkers behind the goal where they should be

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Baffling people are still asking for arguments against a stadium next to Westhill.

There is no evidence whatsoever that crowds would remain at current level with everything that a stadium 6 miles from the city centre entails.
    There is no evidence that crowds will drop either?
    There's many a fan who may chose to go sit in a modern stadium rather than wind swept cold Pittodrie, which it can be.

More people choose to sit at a freezing Pittodrie for the pigs, sevco and European games and have for years and i cant see why that would change. Our crowds wont rise because its a shiny new midden. Initially for the novelty but it will be back to the status quo after

Name:  afc4.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  15.9 KB

typical building standard nowadays , just plonk the corners on top of the entrances.

not that I would imagine this is what it will look like in actuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    More people choose to sit at a freezing Pittodrie for the pigs, sevco and European games and have for years and i cant see why that would change. Our crowds wont rise because its a shiny new midden. Initially for the novelty but it will be back to the status quo after
    I'd tend to agree.
    I think I read Aberdeen had cited an average of 13k - 13.5k.

I was brining balance to the assertion that crowds would drop

Page 143 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153193243 ... LastLast