+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 147 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,470 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    some of you lot are getting boring as ƒuck with your 'redevelop Pittodrie' 5hite.

Seriously, grow a set.. It will NEVER happen...and I think most of you already know this and are just ranting like keyboard warriors for a moan.

Stop greetin and get behind the club on this for once FFS....

Who cares if its not perfect, so ƒucking what.
    we all go through life with ƒucking $hite to deal with. Nothing is perfect.

It all boils down to this simple statement : This will better than what we have. End of story.

BUILD IT>PROGRESS

This here ends my Presidential Attempt ala DM.

End of Pissed Rant.
    You're barking up the wrong tree - the people that need to get behind the development are the Nimby's - without planning permission it just isn't going to happen. Simple. Also, some of us think a new stadium is a waste of time and resources, deal with a difference in opinion ye pished radge.

Quote Originally Posted by WatsonNimrod View Post
    The problem with wiggy is that he has proved time and again he has no appetite for risk.

If it were me I would contact the most visionary stadium architects, give them a budget and a brief to redevelop todders in the most innovative way they could.

At the moment we are looking at a boring c-unt of a stadium in a (no offence) boring place that will be a nightmare to get to and from, impossible to get a pint and if you do you will be bursting for a pish on the way back on the bus when its stuck in traffic for an hour.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against it, just conscious that it will merge into the rest of Aberdeens bland lego housing estates, glass and glad carbunkles and shopping centres built by boring c-unts. Now there is a coincidence!!
    ....ok so lets go for a bespoke norman foster job... with bespoke engineering challenges... with bespoke fabrication challenges.... OR get something that is already expensive (50m) but saves costs massively on reusing (boring) lessons learned on identikit stadia elsewhere....

on the pint thing - much like safe standing I don't know why we couldn't eventually and reasonably have drinking inside the ground (given will be drinking in the outside of the stadium). Which solves the issue. Well I do - postcodes GXX.... BUT

"The current designations state that FIFA, UEFA and Scottish association professional football matches played at the grounds of clubs in the Scottish Premier League, Scottish Football League, Highland League and at Murrayfield will be subject to alcohol controls. *(so non-HL clubs ok)*

The controls do not apply to a non-designated event at a designated ground. Events such as concerts, American football, rugby league matches, rugby union club matches are not and never have been designated events.

In June 2007 the Scottish Government de-designated Murrayfield Stadium and other stadia in respect of international men's rugby matches."

...so I don't see why we (as a society with lobbying) couldn't allow Police Scotland to make a match by match decision (ie not when the old firm are around just because... well we know why).
    Last edited by notinmyname; 16-08-2017 at 10:54 PM.

The problem with wiggy is that he has proved time and again he has no appetite for risk.

If it were me I would contact the most visionary stadium architects, give them a budget and a brief to redevelop todders in the most innovative way they could.

At the moment we are looking at a boring c-unt of a stadium in a (no offence) boring place that will be a nightmare to get to and from, impossible to get a pint and if you do you will be bursting for a pish on the way back on the bus when its stuck in traffic for an hour.

Don't get me wrong, I am not against it, just conscious that it will merge into the rest of Aberdeens bland lego housing estates, glass and glad carbunkles and shopping centres built by boring c-unts. Now there is a coincidence!!
    But you see Nimrod; no offence but it isn't you......unless you have multi millions hidden away and going to come up with the goods. We ain't Barcelona playing in a top league, many financial sources coming in to the club and carry millions of supporters globally; we need to cut our cloth accordingly......build the best stadium and training facility that we can afford and that right now is Kingsford!

Hairdrier....you say we are barking up the wrong tree, well sorry for the majority of the NIMBIES; they are just against progress of any sort in their backyard! Trying to change some of their negative no reasoning mindsets is a waste of time and effort. On the other hand, if us Dandies can stand together in support of this development with the external political, sporting and people from other walks of life?........this will pile the pressure on ACC to make the right decision.

So we are barking up the right tree; looking to within!

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    some of you lot are getting boring as ƒuck with your 'redevelop Pittodrie' 5hite.

Seriously, grow a set.. It will NEVER happen...and I think most of you already know this and are just ranting like keyboard warriors for a moan.

Stop greetin and get behind the club on this for once FFS....

Who cares if its not perfect, so ƒucking what.
    we all go through life with ƒucking $hite to deal with. Nothing is perfect.

It all boils down to this simple statement : This will better than what we have. End of story.

BUILD IT>PROGRESS

This here ends my Presidential Attempt ala DM.

End of Pissed Rant.

100% agree with this. We're at a ***** crossroads. This is the best we're going to get and a plan that has been explored to death. I saw first hand behind the scenes at Pittodrie when the ORIGINAL stadium plans were being put together in 2003 (beautiful stadium by the way) and we're simply out of ****ing options. Back this plan. it certainly won't please everyone but it will be a quantum leap for us as a football club and those with far more knowledge on these subjects than us firmly believe that. They're not ****ing around. It's the best option.

Get behind it. If the vote goes through, it will be a reality.

Fair enough, I get all the Pro-Kingsford stuff. I'm reluctantly in.

However why is the club spending a lot of money trying to convince their own support to get behind it? Its because they know that a lot of 'silent' fans who don't rant and rave on message boards would prefer a redeveloped Pittodrie.

Fair enough, I get all the Pro-Kingsford stuff. I'm reluctantly in.

However why is the club spending a lot of money trying to convince their own support to get behind it? Its because they know that a lot of 'silent' fans who don't rant and rave on message boards would prefer a redeveloped Pittodrie.
    All they are trying to do is put as much pressure on the council to ensure they silent majority are heard. If this goes t'ts up then not only will this have been another huge waste of money in all the costs incurred so far it will also send a terrible signal to players and management that this city just doesn't get the part the club plays to the city indirectly.

If this fails then DM will be gone sooner than you think. I realise he could be gone regardless however we are one sh#t manager away from heading in the wrong direction big time and the importance of having a fantastic facility that Kingsford will be will be a massive attraction to bringing good players, coaches and management to the club for the future.

Everyone realises that some fans won't be happy for various reasons however now is the time to get behind this and move on for the sake of our club. The future of AFC needs this to happen and to make it happen asap otherwise i hate to think of the consequences of it failing.

You can't just claim support from the 'silent majority' Id say if they're silent, then they're probably either not convinced by the whole thing or completely bored by it

McInnes will be gone before any work starts anyway. This build it or he's off chat isn't helping

Silence is acceptance (in anything in life imo), but thats not enough for the club. They need people to actually show their support so that ACC realise that this is something the fans (and non fans) do want as well, and its only a few grumpy old farts in Westhill that are against it.

Kingsford isnt my ideal solution, and im not 100% convinced by the stadium itself, but AFC have been pretty good with their budgeting over the last few years so I believe they have thoroughly researched the funding and different ideas before pushing for Kingsford.

This would be such a massive step up for our club compared to where we are now. And waiting another 10 years to go through the same **** again will see us vanish back to the bottom half of the table at best.

This transfer window we have just had will not be repeated for a long time if this fails. Imho.

Lets simplify the debate.

My take is:

1. Majority of fans are happy to move to new complex at Kingsford BUT want a stadium which provides better atmosphere (steep raked stands, closer to pitch, no reduced seating areas at corners) i.e. not happy with current design.

2. Smaller number of fans are happy to move to new complex at Kingsford, regardless of stadium details.

3. Similar to no.2, a number of fans want a redeveloped Pittodrie.

4. Training complex - I dont think any fans care where this is - as long as it happens in short term. No reason why planning cannot proceed for training complex alone whilst club comes up with a better stadium design.

The debate needs to be split into i) Stadium and ii) Training Complex issues. Otherwise its just becoming rant after rant, and club apologists have got an easy time in keeping the stadium plans as-is.

Lets simplify the debate.

My take is:

1. Majority of fans are happy to move to new complex at Kingsford BUT want a stadium which provides better atmosphere (steep raked stands, closer to pitch, no reduced seating areas at corners) i.e. not happy with current design.

2. Smaller number of fans are happy to move to new complex at Kingsford, regardless of stadium details.

3. Similar to no.2, a number of fans want a redeveloped Pittodrie.

4. Training complex - I dont think any fans care where this is - as long as it happens in short term. No reason why planning cannot proceed for training complex alone whilst club comes up with a better stadium design.

The debate needs to be split into i) Stadium and ii) Training Complex issues. Otherwise its just becoming rant after rant, and club apologists have got an easy time in keeping the stadium plans as-is.

Page 147 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast