+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 156 of 560 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by gooby View Post
    -run off area of 5 meters required behind goals and at side of pitch for UEFA requirements
    -pitch size
    - You need the same space behind the stand on private land as there is in it(required in a new build stand for safe evacuation in the event of an emergency)
    - Emergency services need to be able to go right around the stadium(required in a new build and currently not at pittodrie)
    - You can't build higher than the stands currently are (basic planning criteria)
    facts, facts and damned facts.

All the info is in link below. Everything is on coonsil website. Pittodrie, AECC old and new sites, Bellfield at kingswells, Calder park, Loirston loch and Kings links. Reasons why they have been ruled out are also given.

https://publicaccess.aberdeencity.go...st-1539445.pdf
    Document Unavailable
    This document is unavailable for viewing at this time

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    Wasnt Loirston deemed unviable because a critical strip of land that was required for access was refused or sold to someone else (due to some hatred between the owner and Milne/AFC?) and developed?
    The Council changed their policy and needed to use a piece of Loirston for a school or something, meaning the land was not bug enough to house everything that AFC needed... or so I read.

I hope all the good people on this board have sent a letter of support for Kingsford to happen to be their local councillor and not forgetting to show your support publicly by way of a simple Aurora car sticker
    I have duly done on both counts
    COYR

-run off area of 5 meters required behind goals and at side of pitch for UEFA requirements
    -pitch size
    - You need the same space behind the stand on private land as there is in it(required in a new build stand for safe evacuation in the event of an emergency)
    - Emergency services need to be able to go right around the stadium(required in a new build and currently not at pittodrie)
    - You can't build higher than the stands currently are (basic planning criteria)
    1+2. Correct.

3. No you don't. You can design the stands to allow for such areas without taking up space behind it. Killie comes to mind. And as said work with the council regarding the roads. These aren't things that stop it being done. Solutions can be found much like the club is doing with overbridges and footpaths for Kingsford. All the issues with Pittodrie are painted as can't be resolved. This isn't just me saying the club's excuses in these regards are rubbish, the council has as well.

4. Can be worked around but this in itself could be achieved and far better than the current landlocked layout.

5. This is false and something it appears the club have used in their working out of 12,000. There is no such protection in planning outside England and Wales. Some people may object. We're working against 4000 odd objections right now.

Quote Originally Posted by notinmyname View Post

* You display a bias that is perhaps the real reason behind your objections - "tory suburb 6 miles from town" what does political affiliation have to with a football club? What does distance have to do with affiliation? (never voted Tory / don't live in a suburb btw) However your inclusion of this view suggests you have an oppositional one... that football attendance should be urban/labour voting (working class?) pursuit... you'd need a time machine for that ESP in Aberdeen where working class (relative to country wide definitions) has been somewhat less pronounced.

* the idea that those in favour of the move (either because they like it or grudgingly accept its the best option available after years of false hopes) are just doing so because they enjoy the idea of arguing is somewhat undermined by those suggesting you stop posting as they have had enough. I'm only doing it as I've become annoyed by the comments (enough to delurk) and would prefer the thread to be about talking how to make the new gaff great...

I can understand your frustration that you are being ignored by the club - but it might just be that the majority are in favour and the minority are going to object forever... you can see echoes in other supports groups that have seen their clubs change from what they want them to be and the minority have voted with their feet. AFC dons are pretty successful now and FC united of Manchester also spring to mind...

I'm genuinely sorry you feel so frustrated by the move but I think you are probably in a minority and for your own sake - make a decision to support aberdeen regardless or find something else that makes you happy
    1. Aberdeen will never belong in 'Kingsford', in that area next to a bypass. We belong in the heart of the city. 'Kingsford' has no identity and never will. Maybe at the first game, maybe after a couple of years, people will realise that. All the places around it have no ambience. I imagine out in the middle of an enormous field where everyone has been bussed or driven in will match that.

2. How many comments do you see about NIMBY's on every article and discussion about it? Everyone is obsessed. No Kingsford is a dream for the club.

3. I don't think the council will approve it. Someone asked Dave Macdermid why the council would break every planning policy there is to approve it and he said he hoped they were persuaded it was a very special case, which is what this Aurora campaign is about doing.

Fifa's document on stadium

https://www.scribd.com/doc/100501692...ts-5th-edition

In black and white why we need to move in order to provide a modern stadium.

Stansmith is a westhillier propaganda merchant who has been reading his own propaganda. "never belong in Kingsford".... we don't belong in Firhill but I was there supporting the team.

Edit: can't be arsed. Some laugh when this is rejected.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    The yes brigade seems to have more nutters speaking more sh*te than the no brigade.

Speaking as a neutral, that certainly seems to be the case. They're very highly strung

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Speaking as a neutral, that certainly seems to be the case. They're very highly strung
    from you.. Jesus wept

Yeah cheers @gooby but the link does seem to be down at the moment.

I've nothing else to add tonight apart from congratulating @notinmyname for getting the word 'Metathesiophobics' in there.

I must admit I thought you'd just made it up for a second. A 17 letter word on Abmad - Bravo sir
    Last edited by mondo_notion; 29-08-2017 at 08:42 PM.

Page 156 of 560 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast