+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 203 of 560 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast
Results 2,021 to 2,030 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    ... and which anyone in their right mind would ignore.

Pittodrie won't exist in future,
    I'd put money on it

we'll play euro games in Glasgow,
    If we reach the group stages and are still at Pittodrie, its a distinct possibility under the Uefa rules

the money is there
    Not heard this one, but read that they are confident they will get the funding.
    They're probably still deep in negotiations depending of if and when planning application is approved.
    No wonder they wouldn't want to play their hands too early

Westhill is the only flat bit of ground in Aberdeen...
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by redscot View Post
    Dont forget the "Pittodrie cant be re-developed" whopper that has been fed for years only for it to change to.....well aye it could be re-developed but it would only be a 12,000 capacity.....

Im sure they are making it up as they go along,very badly.
    Another poster showed why it could not be redeveloped to the required level under current regulations.
    Dismiss if you like, but did you counter the points made then?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Where does it show an asking price?
    It refers to an offers

Also, from the 2016 annual accounts
    Attachment 6549
    The asking price at the time (2011) was "above £11m" as I recall.

I think the 2015 valuation and the assumption that the market difficulties were "temporary" in 2016 are wishful thinking.

In our Thatcherite market forces economy, anything is only worth what a purchaser is prepared to pay for it.

"The residual value of the site" presumably means as it stands, with significant site-clearing costs to be borne by the purchaser/developer, which in turn may see lower offers made.

i think the picture painted by the accounts and the 2011 prospectus is given a far rosier spin than reality would suggest.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post

In our Thatcherite market forces economy, anything is only worth what a purchaser is prepared to pay for it.
    So how would you value the old stadium? You're not suggesting the government should do it, are you?

Im still none the f@cking wiser why the club will die if this doesnt happen. 'mon Dod min. Explanations please. We want to know you bullsh@t merchant
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-09-2017 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by canarydon View Post
    I don't get the need to co-locate the training facilities with the ground though - although I suppose 1 benefit is only having to find a single location to take it all as opposed to two (slightly smaller) locations. However, how many clubs have their training facilities co-located with the stadium?
    About none, because most stadiums are still in their original city centre location.

Is it preferable? Obviously, it goes without saying surely? As above, there's duplicated costs, additional building costs as you need stadium offices and ancilliary buildings and equipment at both locations, and associated long term costs on two rather than one site.

I get those that don;t want to move, but trying to argue that not having everything at one location isn't better is barking

ffs why are we going over and over this! Look, if the plans are approved then were moving .. end of. If they are not approved then i suspect the club will have little choice than to redevelop Pittodrie which will cost the club millions of quid in lost money and leave us with a huge debt (not a mortgage).

That's basically where we are at but we wont have any training facilities. Or we leave Pittodrie alone for now and spunk a heap of cash for a training complex at Kingsford. Is that the general picture? The cash needed for that would surely be better used along side a new stadium? Surely it must make best business and economical sense to build the two side by side. Surely the stadium and training complex would all be completed far quicker and cheaper this way??

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    So how would you value the old stadium? You're not suggesting the government should do it, are you?
    What a bizarre response.

The market dictates (far be it from me to quote that quasi-fascist rotting old ****). If we value it at £20m, and nobody bites, we will either have to take what is the best offer or remove it from the market, leaving us without the seedcorn funding for the new development, or a shortfall from the predicted (I say unrealistic) income from the sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    ffs why are we going over and over this! Look, if the plans are approved then were moving .. end of. If they are not approved then i suspect the club will have little choice than to redevelop Pittodrie which will cost the club millions of quid in lost money and leave us with a huge debt (not a mortgage).

That's basically where we are at but we wont have any training facilities. Or we leave Pittodrie alone for now and spunk a heap of cash for a training complex at Kingsford. Is that the general picture? The cash needed for that would surely be better used along side a new stadium? Surely it must make best business and economical sense to build the two side by side. Surely the stadium and training complex would all be completed far quicker and cheaper this way??
    *applause applause*

So...where is the money coming from?

Page 203 of 560 FirstFirst ... 103153193201202203204205213253303 ... LastLast