+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 208 of 560 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Good interview from Milne on the Beeb. Nice of him to come clean about the financial black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Our chairman is c@nt and doesn't deserve our support
    And what about Aberdeen football club? It is bigger than just one person, chairman or not. You should be behind the club despite your feelings regarding Milne.
    The club needs to move from pittodrie in order to thrive in the modern game. Look down south, almost every club in the EPL has either moved grounds or will move ground in the future. Why? Because its more than just football now. Clubs have revenue streams from lots more sources plus they do alot more work in the community than before.
    We are lucky that the board (not just milne) are so forward thinking. We need a new base to tie all these assets together.
    I don't want to see a glorified souless box of a stadium either. But that is not what is being asked for next week. It is outline planning permission. The details can come later, as can the scrutiny. For now though we need to get behind the club.

Everyone is behind the club.

I don’t want the move because it’s high risk, comes with huge debt & looks a bit sh1t. That’s not good for the club

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Everyone is behind the club.

I don’t want the move because it’s high risk, comes with huge debt & looks a bit sh1t. That’s not good for the club
    and what would the redevelopment of Pittodrie come with? Yes that's right more debt and risk. AND no training facilities. I certainly won't continue with a season ticket if we stay at Pittodrie, to much hassle and time getting to the stadium. Even if it gets a lick of paint it will always be in stupid place to go and watch fitba.

Imagine if we currently had a stadium on the outskirts of the city and the board were trying to get approval to build a new stadium at Pittodrie's current site (next to the North sea with sh#t transport links and no training facilities) We'd be the feckin laughing stock of europe!

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Good interview from Milne on the Beeb. Nice of him to come clean about the financial black hole.
    What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    And what about Aberdeen football club? It is bigger than just one person, chairman or not. You should be behind the club despite your feelings regarding Milne.
    The club needs to move from pittodrie in order to thrive in the modern game. Look down south, almost every club in the EPL has either moved grounds or will move ground in the future. Why? Because its more than just football now. Clubs have revenue streams from lots more sources plus they do alot more work in the community than before.
    We are lucky that the board (not just milne) are so forward thinking. We need a new base to tie all these assets together.
    I don't want to see a glorified souless box of a stadium either. But that is not what is being asked for next week. It is outline planning permission. The details can come later, as can the scrutiny. For now though we need to get behind the club.
    I am not getting into the new stadium debate because it doesn't affect me but '"forward thinking" ! They have operated Pittodrie on a run to fail basis for ump**** years and i see no evidence of innovation in their ideas. Those sweetie wifies running things are about as forward thinking as the Taliban !

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I certainly won't continue with a season ticket if we stay at Pittodrie, to much hassle and time getting to the stadium.
    That’s entirely up to you & everyone’s situation is different but I’d be willing to bet there’s much fewer in your position, than folk unwilling to make the new journey on shuttle busses.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    What did he say?
    Difficult to say for sure with that accent but there’s a huge shortfall in the money. The whole interview is online, I’ll try and get a link

Looking like it might be good news for everybody if the planning permission is refused then.

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    b.
    Ive always said im in the "f@ck it ill go if i have too" camp. Nae up nor doon.

Milne doesnt deserve our support as he is a c@nt.

Page 208 of 560 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast