+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 209 of 560 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by LED View Post
    And what about Aberdeen football club? It is bigger than just one person, chairman or not. You should be behind the club despite your feelings regarding Milne.
    The club needs to move from pittodrie in order to thrive in the modern game. Look down south, almost every club in the EPL has either moved grounds or will move ground in the future. Why? Because its more than just football now. Clubs have revenue streams from lots more sources plus they do alot more work in the community than before.
    We are lucky that the board (not just milne) are so forward thinking. We need a new base to tie all these assets together.
    I don't want to see a glorified souless box of a stadium either. But that is not what is being asked for next week. It is outline planning permission. The details can come later, as can the scrutiny. For now though we need to get behind the club.
    I'm not totally against the move, I just don't like the pish about not having training facilities and the stadium being beyond repair. That's Milne's fault.

There's been no answer to where the money is going to come from either. Some people on here think Cormack is going to pay for it all.

So when are we likely to hear for sure today?

Everyone will crawl out of the woodwork to tell us this was a bad idea if it goes south, but surely the club are to blame here if only for totally and utterly misjudging the fans feelings towards moving. All this Aurora stuff always smacked me as being too little too late and in the style of Project fear. Milne totally (and still) doesn't get that lots of fans still need to be convinced, if you have many years association with something then last minute Armageddon type proclamations are NOT the way to get a majority onside.
    Last edited by WatsonNimrod; 04-10-2017 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm not totally against the move, I just don't like the pish about not having training facilities and the stadium being beyond repair. That's Milne's fault.

There's been no answer to where the money is going to come from either. Some people on here think Cormack is going to pay for it all.
    I thought I read the other day Cormack has put a million pounds of his money towards it,which is like one of us putting a 100 quid towards it considering how much he is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Ive always said im in the "f@ck it ill go if i have too" camp
    That's me too. But then again, I'm hardly a member of the self-proclaimed Top Reds, having only attended Pittodrie for nearly 52 years.

If it's too difficult or crazily time-consuming to get to from home or work, I will probably stop buying a season ticket and be more selective about attending. As I've said before, I'm pretty sure that anywhere east of Forres will be within easier reach, to watch even more Highland League than leaving home at 1130 to stand on a First shuttle bus for 2-3 hours of my day.

Donsdaft and I agreed on Saturday though, that the single guaranteed good thing about its being given the green light would be hacking off the despicable shrill self-satisfied New Salemites of the W.A.N.K.S.

That we did loon
    That we did.

Name:  Statler-and-waldorf.jpg
Views: 524
Size:  22.2 KB

Close but nae close enough.

You'd never get '57 into a box

Far too bourgeois

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    and what would the redevelopment of Pittodrie come with? Yes that's right more debt and risk. AND no training facilities. I certainly won't continue with a season ticket if we stay at Pittodrie, to much hassle and time getting to the stadium. Even if it gets a lick of paint it will always be in stupid place to go and watch fitba.

Imagine if we currently had a stadium on the outskirts of the city and the board were trying to get approval to build a new stadium at Pittodrie's current site (next to the North sea with sh#t transport links and no training facilities) We'd be the feckin laughing stock of europe!
    Hold on, are you serious?

Pittodrie - a short walk from a bus or train to anywhere you want in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire or Scotland.

Kingsford - 2 bus routes from town, 6 miles - 4 on a single lane - from town.

Yet you won't renew a season ticket but think those in Aberdeen will for Kingsford? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I thought I read the other day Cormack has put a million pounds of his money towards it,which is like one of us putting a 100 quid towards it considering how much he is worth.
    To be fair he doesn't have to put anything into it, so it's a good effort but if we can't have two of the richest Scotsman who also happen to be Aberdeen fans, co fund the stadium then what chance do we have.

[QUOTE=Bridieeater;38670498]and what would the redevelopment of Pittodrie come with? Yes that's right more debt and risk. AND no training facilities. I certainly won't continue with a season ticket if we stay at Pittodrie, to much hassle and time getting to the stadium. Even if it gets a lick of paint it will always be in stupid place to go and watch fitba.

Imagine if we currently had a stadium on the outskirts of the city and the board were trying to get approval to build a new stadium at Pittodrie's current site (next to the North sea with sh#t transport links and no training facilities) We'd be the feckin laughing stock of europe![/QUOTE

Eh??
    Are you for real ?

Page 209 of 560 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309 ... LastLast