+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 210 of 560 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I'm not totally against the move, I just don't like the pish about not having training facilities and the stadium being beyond repair. That's Milne's fault.
    Difficult to disagree with the above.

We were once ahead of our peers with Pittodrie.

Now we are in 'no man's land' with a ramshackle stadium and no training facilities.

Even if they do get planning permission, I'm sticking with my prediction that it will never happen because they haven't got the money to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    To be fair he doesn't have to put anything into it, so it's a good effort but if we can't have two of the richest Scotsman who also happen to be Aberdeen fans, co fund the stadium then what chance do we have.
    Yeah you are right it's good that he put the money in but if he isn't going to fund the stadium did we really need another millionaire to join the board.

Like you said if we can't get 2 Aberdeen fans who are some of the richest men in Scotland to co fund the stadium I can't see Cormack managing to get his business contacts in the states to invest so what was the point in him joining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Good interview from Milne on the Beeb. Nice of him to come clean about the financial black hole.
    Was listening to the interview earlier,I presume it's the same one it's on the BBC website.

Highlight for me was Milne wittering on about the stadium and training ground being essential for the club,the interviewer asked him why he hadn't built a training ground for the club in the last 20 years.His answer was "it's just as hard to find 30 acres of land to build on than it is to find 60 acres of land

Och it just all reeks of half-arsedness. Right from hoping we'd get a new stadium out of Scotland hosting the European Championship in 2008 to the present day. Pittodrie certainly isn't ideal but it's better than out of town. If Aberdeen had the infrastructure it should have for 'Europe's oil capital' it maybe wouldn't be an issue but the city is about fifty years behind the times thanks to the City Council.

Milne and the City Council are made for each other.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Och it just all reeks of half-arsedness.
    Well put.

Pittodrie clearly has its faults but it’s worth sitting it out there, until somebody comes up with a plan that isn’t cack

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Och it just all reeks of half-arsedness. Right from hoping we'd get a new stadium out of Scotland hosting the European Championship in 2008 to the present day. Pittodrie certainly isn't ideal but it's better than out of town. If Aberdeen had the infrastructure it should have for 'Europe's oil capital' it maybe wouldn't be an issue but the city is about fifty years behind the times thanks to the City Council.

Milne and the City Council are made for each other.
    I blame the medieval founders of the city. We could have had an eastern bypass if they hadn't built the ****er next to the North Sea.

And two rivers to cross too.

Whose ****ing bright spark idea was that. Sort it oot. I blame Thatchere, the *******.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooo....
    Last edited by 57vintage; 05-10-2017 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Hold on, are you serious?

Pittodrie - a short walk from a bus or train to anywhere you want in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire or Scotland.

Kingsford - 2 bus routes from town, 6 miles - 4 on a single lane - from town.

Yet you won't renew a season ticket but think those in Aberdeen will for Kingsford? Haha

I have to travel 60 mile before i even hit the traffic chaos of Aberdeen. If i take a supporters bus then i'm 11.30 at the earliest before i get home. I've seen our bus still 100 yards from Pittodrie 1hr after the final whistle (stuck in traffic). If you can't get your lazy ar#ses on a bus for 15-20 mins then fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah you are right it's good that he put the money in but if he isn't going to fund the stadium did we really need another millionaire to join the board.

Like you said if we can't get 2 Aberdeen fans who are some of the richest men in Scotland to co fund the stadium I can't see Cormack managing to get his business contacts in the states to invest so what was the point in him joining.

Oh my goodness now were at the level of questioning why two rich men are involved in the club. FFS is that the level we are at on here?

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Oh my goodness now were at the level of questioning why two rich men are involved in the club. FFS is that the level we are at on here?
    Whats wrong with questioning that?

If Cormack has just sold his business for 500 million and he has joined the board but isn't going to invest the money into the club what is the point in him being here?

Isn't there enough millionaires on the board already? I just dont see the need for another one.

Page 210 of 560 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310 ... LastLast