+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 225 of 560 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,250 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not sure why some people feel the need to brag about the fact they don’t have a beer before the football.Well done you give your self a pat on the back,it doesn’t get away from the fact that thousands of fans like a pint at the football.I think 8000 is a bit exaggerated but it will certainly be more than 600.Im sure some folk will just drive to the football to start with because the whole thing will be a novelty to begin with.Once that wears off you will probably find the crowds start to diminish,I’m pretty sure the folk who go for beers before the games aren’t the ones who are coming on here and moaning that the style of fitba is pysh.
    Four Mile. Broadstraik. Shepherds Rest. Key West. Holiday Inn, maybe even Red Star. And Garlogie Inn will be running a bus, so there's far more capacity out there than 600.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Four Mile. Broadstraik. Shepherds Rest. Key West. Holiday Inn, maybe even Red Star. And Garlogie Inn will be running a bus, so there's far more capacity out there than 600.
    You spoke to them?

Quote Originally Posted by pacman1903 View Post
    you spoke to them?
    who?

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    who?
    The Garlogie. Problem is you still have to get to the pubs.

But the gruns nae geting built so we dont have to worry about sacrificing pints and the whole days experience
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 17-10-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The Garlogie. Problem is you still have to get to the pubs.
    Yes, he intends running a shuttle as he'll be 3 miles away. Very much behind the stadium, as are Key West.

Aye but nae as behind as the stadium is.

I think Pacman's right, it's nae getting built.

What a bloody relief.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I know,

Let's have a breath test before you are allowed entry to the ground.

Real fans don't need alcohol.
    Jeezo, Nobody's saying that.
    Just can't believe the 55% figure, which cannot be backed up.

They've systematically destroyed going to the football.

Some of the destruction has been filled with good intentions some is sheer bloody mindedness.

Moving the ground to a soulless industrial estate or a field in the country may well just kill it off altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

Moving the ground to a soulless industrial estate or a field in the country may well just kill it off altogether.
    That’s what it all boils down to. This move is far too important for our current board to make. We’re much better waiting this out & getting it done right. I’m willing to bet that Pittodrie won’t sink in the meantime

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    This is my thinking too. Also it's not just about drink availability, virtually everything is handier in toon. Can't be the only person of a week-end whose combined various errands (nipping into post-office, bank, hairdresser, shops etc etc) around the game.

I'm not just sceptical because it sounds like a hell of a hassle for toonsers like me, but because I genuinely think after initial novelty attendance will fall.
    It's astonishing that you don't think those are possible at Kingsford.
    I'm astonished that so many are that fearful of change and are unable to adapt.
    No wonder the council is a reflection of this apathetic culture.

Turn down Ian Woods £50m investment in the city centre.
    Turn down another £50m investment in a new ground and training facilities.

We'll end up like a Darlington, not because of a stadium move, but because of apathy in our support.

Page 225 of 560 FirstFirst ... 125175215223224225226227235275325 ... LastLast