+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 232 of 560 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,320 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don't think their skills will necessarily improve, but having a facility will give them more option.
    No more, sorry lads, get off the pitch, some students have booked it.
    DM said before they wanted to continue i.e. Training to fine tune some tactics, but couldn't.
    Having facilities might also prolong keeping players, manage,net, youth etc, rather than the attraction elsewhere.

I see it now, a young goalkeeper, training with Aberdeen and Rangers.
    Both are keen to take him on.
    Aberdeen are are much better fit location wise, but the father goes on about how impressive their training facilities are.
    A future potential player lost because of our ****e facilities.

Never mind, you lot think we're fine as we are.
    Heres a true story from recently that's ive mentioned before on here

Sevco picked up a keeper from round the corner from me in Meldrum. Went completely under the radar of the Dons. Once the Dons heard this they were sniffing about and speaking to the loons old boy. The loons old boy wanted him to go to Aberdeen as it was closer(nothing to do with facilities). The reason sevco was the destination. Because Aberdeens chief of scouting was and a quote "an arrogant pr@ck". Thats nothing to do with where we play or train

The boys dad did say though he also spoke to Gordon Marshall who was an absolute gent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Sorry no idea what your meaning but if a faither says he's moving his laddie to rangers instead of Aberdeen...it's nowt to do with facilities.
    You believe what you want to believe.
    I asked him about the travel and would it not be easier to join the Dons.
    His answer was that they had better training facilities. That's the truth.

It's a helluva commitment taking your 8 year old loon down there each week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Heres a true story from recently that's ive mentioned before on here

Sevco picked up a keeper from round the corner from me in Meldrum. Went completely under the radar of the Dons. Once the Dons heard this they were sniffing about and speaking to the loons old boy. The loons old boy wanted him to go to Aberdeen as it was closer(nothing to do with facilities). The reason sevco was the destination. Because Aberdeens chief of scouting was and a quote "an arrogant pr@ck". Thats nothing to do with where we play or train

The boys dad did say though he also spoke to Gordon Marshall who was an absolute gent.
    I thought Aberdeen were looking for a new head scout?
    Jim Fraser who heads up the 10-17 development I've always found to be very good.

What a NIMBY statement.
    Or even a training ground there for you.
    Pretty sad really.
    He is not a Nimby

He lives in Denburn and Budapest
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 18-10-2017 at 10:02 AM.

I thought Aberdeen were looking for a new head scout?
    Jim Fraser who heads up the 10-17 development I've always found to be very good.
    Totally true story. I speak to the mum and dad a lot (Two of the rarities as I'm a hermit)

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If you are making the effort to travel to Kingsford then travelling to Pittodrie makes no difference.
    Erm what? Pittodrie is hemmed in at the arse end of the city, Kingsford is on the bypass.

You believe what you want to believe.
    I asked him about the travel and would it not be easier to join the Dons.
    His answer was that they had better training facilities. That's the truth.

It's a helluva commitment taking your 8 year old loon down there each week.
    Steven Pressely's faither used to take him from Dundee to Eastercraigs every week. It wasn't for facilities but to make him tougher. Ryan Jack didn't sign for Sevco for the facilities, McLean won't either. Grimmer didn't go to Fulham for better facilities and the boy Feroz didn't leave Celtic for Chelsea so he had a nicer indoor pitch to run on. Barry Bannan signed for Aston Villa to get away from Airdrie.

You are right though, it's a big commitment making that journey isn't it?

How’s that conveyor belt of talent coming along at Murray Park? Could you name the players that have improved their game by training there? To me it looks like a club killing financial black hole. If some guy wants to take his goalie kid there, then that’s exactly the type of Hun mutant we don’t need at Pittodrie/****ey Shoebox

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He is not a Nimby

He lives in Denburn and Budapest
    So why sat prefereably the training facilities should not be at Kingsford?

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Erm what? Pittodrie is hemmed in at the arse end of the city, Kingsford is on the bypass.
    Travelling from the central belt, it makes no difference if you are making the journey to Aberdeen.

Page 232 of 560 FirstFirst ... 132182222230231232233234242282332 ... LastLast