+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 235 of 560 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast
Results 2,341 to 2,350 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He is not a Nimby

He lives in Denburn and Budapest
    15 minutes from the stadium by metro in Budapest and build the new Aberdeen stadium in Denburn please.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    15 minutes from the stadium by metro in Budapest and build the new Aberdeen stadium in Denburn please.

Yeah build over the Union Terrace gardens with a new stadium lol.

You wouldn't have to build over it as such
    Natural amphitheater.

Be a bit on the soggy side mind you with the trees gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So what will the difference travel wise be?
    Probably about 20 minutes. From Stoney to Kingsford on the AWPR will be about the same as Stoney to Cove. So you've got the drive in along Wellington road/B-o-Dee and through town still to go and the horrific parking. 20 minutes is probably doing Pittodrie a favour.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I doubt they all have your mindset Mason.
    Probably just decided earlier it wasn't worth hitting your head against the naysayer brick wall
    Personally I got bored reading the same arguments from both sides going back and fore with no real acceptance of other peoples opinions.

Some people like it, some people do not. Im not planning on changing anyones mind on this but then, I wont be changing mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mek View Post
    Personally I got bored reading the same arguments from both sides going back and fore with no real acceptance of other peoples opinions.

Some people like it, some people do not. Im not planning on changing anyones mind on this but then, I wont be changing mine.
    It is a football forum to be fair. What do you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Probably about 20 minutes. From Stoney to Kingsford on the AWPR will be about the same as Stoney to Cove. So you've got the drive in along Wellington road/B-o-Dee and through town still to go and the horrific parking. 20 minutes is probably doing Pittodrie a favour.
    According to Google maps, it's quicker to get to Pittodrie from the central belt. Football traffic obviously hasn't been accounted for. There will be much bigger crowds at the new ground though...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Stop living in the past.
    There's an option presented now to do just that.
    Yeah there is an option now so there is no excuse not to build a training ground even if the stadium gets rejected.

The way Milne keeps going on about it though, I get the impression if he doesn't get to build his shiny new stadium he wont bother building the training ground either.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Yeah there is an option now so there is no excuse not to build a training ground even if the stadium gets rejected.

The way Milne keeps going on about it though, I get the impression if he doesn't get to build his shiny new stadium he wont bother building the training ground either.
    Of course he wont. The stadium is his goodbye present. The training grounds just an added bonus

I have not commented at all on this thread I don't think. As someone just said it's about opinions and like them I'm not here to change anyones. I'm against the move, I think Pittodrie should have been redeveloped years ago. I understand now why this really has to go through although travelling by bus or train from Glasgow it is no use to me. Will there be a shuttle bus to and from Guild Street? How long will it take? How much will it cost? How frequent will it be. All I can see it will now cost me more to get to and from the city centre and cost me more. The number of train or bus services I can use from Glasgow to Aberdeen and back will be fewer as I will have more travelling. I will then be spending less time in the city centre and spending less. There was the pints before games issue etc mentioned. Well I like my pints before and after and not just before a Kilmarnock or Hamilton game. This will be fine if there is an excellent shuttle link to the ground and a bar or bars with a far greater capacity than 600. Will said bar or bars be open after the game to allow the crowd to disperse not all at once? I have also never understood and still can't grasp why new training facilities have to be built alongside a new ground. These should also have been built years ago. Anything other than Saturday at 3pm is a nightmare as it is by public transport and I can only forecast that with increased difficulty in getting to a new ground my attendance will drop.

Page 235 of 560 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335 ... LastLast