+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 236 of 560 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

I've always said it is never going to happen because they can't afford it, but the more I think about it, the more I think that Kingsford is a big mistake. The biggest problem obviously is transport, who wants to wait ages for a shuttle bus to get out there and back again. I would only go if I could park my car near the stadium.

However we do need a new stadium, but where is the big question. It looks like they will have to build the stadium and training ground seperately which would open up more possible sites for the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    According to Google maps, it's quicker to get to Pittodrie from the central belt. Football traffic obviously hasn't been accounted for. There will be much bigger crowds at the new ground though...

Does google maps take into account the new AWPR?
    Moot argument point

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Of course he wont. The stadium is his goodbye present. The training grounds just an added bonus
    Maybe.
    You should all hope so to be honest.

Maybe the Cormack and Milne were willing to finance any shortage as part of that present.

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    I have not commented at all on this thread I don't think. As someone just said it's about opinions and like them I'm not here to change anyones. I'm against the move, I think Pittodrie should have been redeveloped years ago. I understand now why this really has to go through although travelling by bus or train from Glasgow it is no use to me. Will there be a shuttle bus to and from Guild Street? How long will it take? How much will it cost? How frequent will it be. All I can see it will now cost me more to get to and from the city centre and cost me more. The number of train or bus services I can use from Glasgow to Aberdeen and back will be fewer as I will have more travelling. I will then be spending less time in the city centre and spending less. There was the pints before games issue etc mentioned. Well I like my pints before and after and not just before a Kilmarnock or Hamilton game. This will be fine if there is an excellent shuttle link to the ground and a bar or bars with a far greater capacity than 600.
    Plenty of shuttle buses. The public bus from Guild St takes 40 minutes. The club estimate a shuttle bus would take 30-40 minutes on a match day, however they were told direct buses (shuttles) are not good enough and they must make it convenient and attractive with pick ups like a public bus.

They've had multiple opportunities to get basic stuff right and amateurishly in the latest transport assessment asked people how they get to Pittodrie instead of how they would get to Kingsford. They planned for every single bus to be 100% full including standing, which is obviously fvcking ludicrous. How anyone can think 'aye the club'll sort it oot they need people to turn up' with a military grade transport plan, is beyond me. They are clueless.

The public bus to Westhill costs ~ £5.30 for a single or £6.10 for a day ticket and is normally full by the top of Union Street, with no football crowds. The transport assessment says there would only be space for 280 fans on current public buses. Stagecoach have said they can put another 10 buses an hour on this 40 minute route.

Therefore you can see there is basically one quite costly transport option from town which is why they need to rent every spare bus in Aberdeen for the rest of time to serve everywhere else. But the shuttle plan they submitted isn't good enough as it only adds around 7 places to get a bus for the whole of Aberdeen/shire, compared to Pittodrie which is served by wherever you want to get on. People would need to get a bus to a bus. The planners think this is all wholly insufficient and unattractive and everyone will drive, there aren't enough parking spaces for that, the traffic assessment would go to pot and people would be parking in driveways, then the CPZ AFC will supposedly pay for for the whole of Westhill comes into play.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Does google maps take into account the new AWPR?
    Moot argument point
    Doesn't take into account the massive crowds and buses strewn across the road either. It'll not make a massive difference to the travelling time from the central belt. Not one that will make people go more or less. That's the point I was making.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Maybe.
    You should all hope so to be honest.

Maybe the Cormack and Milne were willing to finance any shortage as part of that present.
    What is the shortage and will they finance anything should the stadium fall through?

As for away fans, I haven't read any away fans looking forward to it. They say they like going to Aberdeen, the city, the pubs and the location of Pittodrie.

If they're going straight to the ground via some dead non fitba pub it would be like us going to Hamilton instead of Glasgow, with the extra travel if going by train. Who wants that?

Worst change was Falkirk.

Drookit Duck / Brockville was great.

Their absolutely naff new stadium in Grangemouth surrounded by bugger all is s'hite

The Drookit Duck was the second pub I ever got served in, after McSorleys in Glasgow. Midweek game, pretty sure I spewed. Need to check the AFC heritage site for more details...

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    One where the £50m comes with an ultimatum "do what I want or you're not getting my money".
    What is forgotten was that it was refused on business grounds, as it was obvious that the private sector land-grab would have bankrupted Aberdeen. The fact that the local business community refused to pony up the projected contributions from that sector to add to Wood's paltry bribe speaks volumes.

Those ****ing nationalist shysters knew it too, as by their own evaluation criteria for TIFs, it was a disaster waiting to happen, although successive FOIs meant that the ****ers fought all the way not to release the information.

"Grease my erse and do it to me hard, Sir Ian" (Kevin Stewart, barely-literate, party hack ****wit, not even in possession of the brains he was born with).

Here, have this for free. Lying *******s.

http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0040/00404480.doc

Page 236 of 560 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336 ... LastLast