+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 240 of 560 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

It's about dispersal as much as transport.

Whilst parking near Pittodrie is difficult, and getting out of the area time-consuming, there are alternatives in locations for parking within 20 minutes of the ground, and a rake of bus "services" running along King Street and Park Road.

With Kingsford, everybody is heading for a single location, or a mile in either direction around it, funnelled into that area on two dual carriageway lanes. And all in a timeframe of around 90 minutes before 2.45pm.

The post-match timeframe will be even tighter as very few will want to linger around out there.

This will live or die on access for supporters, and nothing convinces me that there's a viable solution that will make fans want to repeat a very negative experience week after week.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    You could walk from queens road to westhill in 70 minutes. dinna start yes stansmith pish wi me
    I'm 60 years old, for ****'s sake. And why the **** would I walk from Queens Road?

Just admit that transporting fans in previously-unforeseen numbers to Kingsford in a limited time window, and getting them back again, before further dispersal to the suburbs or dormitory settlements, is a potentially massive issue that the club has brushed under the carpet. It's getting its arse felt by Planning, quite correctly, as a consequence.

****ing happy-clappers.

Watch your blood pressure auld yin.

You mentioned being stuck in traffic on the Queens Road and having read some of your right wing rantings previously, he jumped to the conclusion that you stayed there.

Doubt it would take longer than 45 minutes on a bus either direction. I don't know what it would be like with a football crowd and the wait to get in and out, turning across a dual carriageway, the AWPR roundabout etc. How long it would take to get on one away from there is an issue. The mock plan has a bunch of shuttles 30/35/40/45 minutes after a game finishes, so you're looking at getting back into the city around 6pm (or 10:45pm midweek) after standing about for ages. To me it sounds very unattractive for fans. Would be fvcking ridiculous taking till 6pm waiting for then getting on a bus back to union street from Pittodrie to get a pint or bus home.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Totally understand where you're coming from, and in the main those who are going to be more inconvenienced are against the move. You at least have an excuse coming right acorss the country, I just can't fathom the knotting knickers of those who currently walk to games suddenly pishing their pants about having to get a bus. **** sakes, the majority of fans have to get to pittodrie by bus or car, and it's in an utterly ****ish location, but we've gone, year in year out. Well times change, and some of us will now have an easier travel, in my case a very easy travel. (this is in no way having a go at you).

As for the above, the club have stated the supporters bar will be open a couple hours after games, and of course the local pubs will be open as per usual.

And why should the training and ground be together? Because it's better, and as a side benefit it will save doubling up on office space, changing rooms etc.

AFC were once game changing, first to be all covered, first to have dugouts, first to have all seated. Well here we are again with the chance to once again set a trend that others will follow by doing things better, no coincidence that it's now happening with our modern day Chris Anderson coming along in the shape of Dod Yule.
    For geographical reasons I have tried to stay out of this debate but I take issue with "modern day Chris Anderson ". Nothing I have seen coming from Pittodrie suggests to me Dod is in the same visionary league as the late Chris Anderson. Gerry Anderson perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

You mentioned being stuck in traffic on the Queens Road and having read some of your right wing rantings previously, he jumped to the conclusion that you stayed there.
    It looks that way. Even offering my post code isn't enough.

It seems that deaf ear-turning, and jumping to ill-judged conclusions isn't limited to the club's board.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    It looks that way. Even offering my post code isn't enough.

It seems that deaf ear-turning, and jumping to ill-judged conclusions isn't limited to the club's board.
    Unlikely though it appears that this will go through the thought of a couple of thousand orcs knuckling their way up Queens Road is kind of amusing.

We could look in by Rubislaw Den North on the way, I'm sure 57' would hand out a can of beer and a sausage roll before joining the march.

I'm 60 years old, for ****'s sake. And why the **** would I walk from Queens Road?

Just admit that transporting fans in previously-unforeseen numbers to Kingsford in a limited time window, and getting them back again, before further dispersal to the suburbs or dormitory settlements, is a potentially massive issue that the club has brushed under the carpet. It's getting its arse felt by Planning, quite correctly, as a consequence.

****ing happy-clappers.
    Very good post

The club dont even care that this will alienate alot of fans. And by club i mean Stewart Milne who is a c@nt. He just wants to sign off with this. To all the happy clappers. He does not care about you. You are irrelevant

Im 33 and wont be willing to walk that.

I enjoy a pint pre match. That wont be happening as ill have to double bus which can get to f@ck.

I pretty much only see pacbro at the fitba for a pint, that will be f@cked.

How early will i have to leave my hoos on a red final day?

I can see me being a highland league permafan(Turrah/Locos but nae Formartinks)

I wasnt up nor down before but im now in the f@ck Kingsford camp.

But its alright as its nae going to happen anyway so who cares

#allforauroragoingbellyupwhichitwillasstewartmilne isabellend
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-10-2017 at 07:18 AM.

I'll give it a season.
    I’d give it to the 3rd Home game. First one, everyone will look forward to the showbiz of the opening game. They’ll still go to the second one, just to see if the first was only really that bad because it was the opening game. The 3rd is when it’ll sink in that it’s going to be that shyte every time.

Page 240 of 560 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast