+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 244 of 560 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So that's £38m less than the new stadium then? £38m being the conservative figure. How do we pay for this again? I'm sure you think you know but I'll assume you don't know since the board don't even know.
    That's 1 stand and no training complex.

I don't know about the funding, but I have some thoughts.
    A lot of which goes away if we're redeveloping Pittodrie.
    It's entirely possible redeveloping Pittodrie will cost more than relocating.

As for funding, commercially aquiring funding, you don't lay all your cards on the table as it affects deals that can be achieved.
    There are entirley conceivable potential scenarios though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    And aye considering Pitmedden is 8 mile from Ellon it would be alot easier for him
    Only two drinking establishments in Pitmedden if I recall, but a helluva walk unless you get a designated driver to shuttle you or are getting taxi's.

I've previously said that I'd bet on my being able to drive to any Keith fixture east of Nairn in less time than it's likely to take me to bus it into town from AB22, and sit in the inevitable A944 queues to get to the new facility.

Likewise, in fact even more so, getting home.

I'll buy a season ticket for the first season and then assess the experience.

I suspect, though, that it won't be positive.

Keep happy clapping min.

Explain the transport from Oldmeldrum/Ellon/Peterhead/Turriff/Banff etc etc. The places who had a drop off close to Pittodrie after 1 bus.

Plenty of Dons fans on the bus fae Banff as its the bus i get. Add another bus to mix and im sure they will get sick of it

People will have to drive and potentially chuck it too.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-10-2017 at 10:34 AM.

Keep happy clapping min.

Explain the transport from Oldmeldrum/Ellon/Peterhead/Turriff/Banff etc etc. The places who had a drop off close to Pittodrie after 1 bus.

Plenty of Dons fans on the bus fae Banff as its the bus i get. Add another bus to mix and im sure they will get sick of it

People will have to drive and potentially chuck it too.
    Lol, I'm nae happy clapping, I'm a realist who realises we will regress unless we don't move forward and am not willing to let a bunch (ok a minority) of Moaning Minnie's be completely negative about moving forward.

I get it, it's a fear of change scenario, completely natural human instinct.

Never mind, you and PacBro will be happy with the 8 mile or so walk for a couple of bars before watching Formartinks as you put it.

I'll continue to watch my true supported club Aberdeen.

Back on the latest topic discussion.

So far it's been suggested that we redevelop the main stand for £12-14 million with additional costs to purchase the road and forego the parking on Pittodrie Street.

Donsdaft also mentioned wanting to watch from the top of Merkland Road East stand which I questioned whether a 2 tier stand was needed and whether it was possible with the flats behind.

Anything else that Pittodrie needs?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Back on the latest topic discussion.

So far it's been suggested that we redevelop the main stand for £12-14 million with additional costs to purchase the road and forego the parking on Pittodrie Street.

Donsdaft also mentioned wanting to watch from the top of Merkland Road East stand which I questioned whether a 2 tier stand was needed and whether it was possible with the flats behind.

Anything else that Pittodrie needs?
    I would suspect the club would have to look at buying the two or three closest houses on Pittodrie Street? Would it be possible to cantilever over Pittodrie St and keep the existing road/pavement? Perhaps the golf clubs could be incorporated into the main stand building for a small investment? After all i am sure they will suffer if the club moves.

All of these things would have been discounted I'm sure but.....

I'm a realist who realises we will regress unless we don't move forward
    You’re not a team leader in a call centre or bank by any chance? You sound like one

I live in Ellon and don't take the bus to Pittodrie.
    Why, because I've been on King street to many times watching buses go by refusing to stop as they are full.
    I'd truly be interested in doing the P&R option at Kingsford, with more confidence I'll get on the bus at the start of the journey.

Pittodrie is horrible to vacate and you can still be in the area an hour after the final whistle trying to get out.
    Kingsford, being right on the AWPR and A944 junctions will allow the traffic to disperse in all directions.
    It's simply not as restrictive as Pittodrie.

Far more parking options at Kingsford too if the shuttles / P&R buses are not as good as hoped for.
    Kingsford itself, Kingswells P&R, Prime 4 estate, Lawsondale and Arnhall will all be used.

For every challenge, it creates an opportunity.
    For the Banff supporters you refer to, it could be an opportunity for a supporters bus, to take you right to the door.
    May even pick up in Oldmeldrum and give you the 1 bus service your looking for.
    It's an opportunity you should have been looking into as opposed to giving up at the first challenge.

Like I said before, no wonder we can't progress to our full potential and will likely regress with mindsets of can't do's as opposed to finding solutions. The council is just a reflection of this mindset

Lol, I'm nae happy clapping, I'm a realist who realises we will regress unless we don't move forward and am not willing to let a bunch (ok a minority) of Moaning Minnie's be completely negative about moving forward.

I get it, it's a fear of change scenario, completely natural human instinct.

Never mind, you and PacBro will be happy with the 8 mile or so walk for a couple of bars before watching Formartinks as you put it.

I'll continue to watch my true supported club Aberdeen.
    Prove we will regress.

You talk about seeing facts. Lets see yours
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 19-10-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Page 244 of 560 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254294344 ... LastLast