+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 560 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126526 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

re: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89
    How's the Murray Park conveyor belt doing? Are the facilities at Lennoxtown making the players at Celtic better? There's 4G pitches everywhere in Scotland, yet the players aren't there.

Name the players that have improved with these excellent training facilities?
    You are right players don't improve because their club has training facilities,the problem is that modern football players see that a club having training facilities as an important thing and wont be particularly keen on training on public parks and beaches.This is only going to be the case more and more in the future.I would imagine if we are going to be successful in signing good players in the years ahead then training facilities is a must.

I've got a theory why the players don't improve. I was thinking about it the other morning while on the pan. The coaching is completely wrong.

I could be the saviour of Scottish football & it's all down to the dodgy Guinness I was drinking the night before. The SFA just need to pick up the phone

I wanted loriston for purely selfish reasons and the more I think about it the happier I am about where it is going to be inside the city limits right on the bypass alongside facilities , what's not to like ?

How many folk still live in Aberdeen anyway most the folk I know who go to games now have moved out the city and to the shire is suspect the vast majority of the 12-13k every week are from the shire and already putting up with the disaster that is the bouley , and just a thought if you're mastrick I bet you would Nae be far off 10 minutes if ye get a bike few pints in the grays then a boozy cycle to kings wells

I would prefer to stay at Pittodrie and have a training facility built out at the proposed site so that basically all day to day football related stuff (training physio management) is taken care of there and the team simply turn up on a Saturday to cuff the opposition.
    If we really have to move I do fear that the new stadium factor will die down and crowds will dwindle . We should not underestimate that the football day out package for many involved walking to from Union Street for a few jars ( even if the Golf clubs and Pittodrie are part of the deal ) I drive to games anyway so my day is pretty much leave home go to game go home , however for some more fair weather fans they may just not bother to go to as much games. For younger fans 14-17 who go with their mates the bus journey to and from games will have to be sorted as many will still require to go to town centre then bus to game and the reverse after the game.
    I also fear delays driving to the game from the City ,hassle and d

The move to Westhill won't be to everyone's liking, fair enough, but I don't think the location is really going to be a problem in the grand scheme of things. As long as the club ensures there are places to eat and drink before and after the games I don't think the argument that folk will stop going due to a lack of proximity to regular boozers holds much water. If anything it's a great opportunity for the club to increase its "share of wallet" of the average fan.

Times change and folk adapt. I think the new stadium will provide an excellent opportunity to attract new fans who never go to Pittodrie.

Cannot believe some of the moaning from those who reside within the in the city limits.
    Don't think I can be bothered to travel to Westhill in the evening .
    Unbelievable !!!!

Most of us don't live in the city, my home trip is a 120 mile round trip from Elgin. Doesn't bother me in the slightest . I have been through countless snow storms / floods up and down the A9 and A96 over the years just like thousands of others

For those city fans who cannot be bothered , then just *UCK off then

STAND FREE

So......do I get this right..............ppl are complaining because they cant walk for a pint then go to a crumbling ruin of a stadium to watch (after all the team are what we are there to watch) our beloved Aberdeen FC?? Is that the jist of it??? How selfish......am sure if you tell Mr Milne he will see if he can build a new fit for purpose stadium close to you so you can be even lazier in your efforts to come and watch the team.
    I for one (and my family) are really looking forward to travelling the 200 mile round trip from Fife to Aberdeen to watch the team.........I do it just now and think we need to see the bigger picture about the state of our home and hopefully what a new stadium can do for the club.
    All I know is we need to move and I am sure that Mr Milne would have looked at every possible area to keep us close to the centre but its not possible.
    Lets all get behind this and when it happens make it the success it should be.

Stand Free

Quote Originally Posted by RedMadders
    So......do I get this right..............ppl are complaining because they cant walk for a pint then go to a crumbling ruin of a stadium to watch (after all the team are what we are there to watch) our beloved Aberdeen FC?? Is that the jist of it???
    I don’t think there’s any dandy that wants to sit in a ‘crumbling wreck’ as you call it – or at least appreciate it’s long overdue that something is happening with the stadium.

Think the issue is that many have grave concerns about moving the club out of the city.

I live out of town now and drive to most games – but in my ****s and 20s, the city centre and the walk to the ground were all part of the same day out. That can be a big attraction for home and away fans alike – if you add an element of hassle to that, then we will lose fans – not everyone in Scottish football is a hardcore fan that will go come what may, losing the option of people who just fancy wandering up on the

Quote Originally Posted by tarapoa
    So......do I get this right..............ppl are complaining because they cant walk for a pint then go to a crumbling ruin of a stadium to watch (after all the team are what we are there to watch) our beloved Aberdeen FC?? Is that the jist of it???
    I don’t think there’s any dandy that wants to sit in a ‘crumbling wreck’ as you call it – or at least appreciate it’s long overdue that something is happening with the stadium.

Think the issue is that many have grave concerns about moving the club out of the city.

I live out of town now and drive to most games – but in my ****s and 20s, the city centre and the walk to the ground were all part of the same day out. That can be a big attraction for home and away fans alike – if you add an element of hassle to that, then we will lose fans – not everyone in Scottish football is a hardcore fan that will go come what may, losing the option of

What i love is all the people in Westhill going to start petitioning. When they are Aberdeenshire and the ground is in Aberdeen City. As such feck all to do with them!!
    Kingswell's is 1.5 miles away. as such should be no noise.
    This stadium is going to happen.
    So lots of people wont be able to walk down Merkland Road to Pittodrie.
    So cant walk from Aberdeen city to game..
    Lots of negatives but we need to move on.
    I will now have to drive instead of bus. But we need to move on as a club. Get back to supporting the team in a great new stadium.
    The other thing i get the feeling there is going to be changes to European football sooner rather than later. I think we are positioning ourselves with facilities and stadium that ensure we are going to be included.

Page 26 of 560 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676126526 ... LastLast