+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 262 of 560 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast
Results 2,611 to 2,620 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    With respect to footprint and regs then I'm afraid I'll take the word of that architect rather than some greetin faced paps on abmad.
    Well, I took a look back at the context of your comment that Frank Lloyd Wright is posting elsewhere. It was in response to RIco94's comment that the club could demolish the Mainer and we would stilll have a capacity of over 12000.

According to Wikipedia ( and I know the former member of Pittodrie staff who tends to maintain the stadium info there), the Beach End has a capacity of over 6000, and the Soother 8400. Therefore, putting my 1973 O grade in Arithmetic to good use, I'd say that that aggregates to 14400, even before the King St End capacity is added.

Rico94 is therefore correct in his assertion, the Chairman is talking out of his erse, and your mate Sir Norman Foster's learned opinion is not really required.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittodrie_Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I’m on LinkedIn so had a look at Tom Widdows page,if it’s the same guy someone should join Dons talk and tell him using a photo of yourself standing in a bar looking half cut as your profile photo on LinkedIn isn’t the best idea
    Tom Widdows goes a' the way back to the AULD, auld site ("Bring back the auld site Jeff....").

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Well, It was in response to RIco94's comment that the club could demolish the Mainer and we would stilll have a capacity of over 12000.

It is the most impressive statistic I've heard quoted so far.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Well, I took a look back at the context of your comment that Frank Lloyd Wright is posting elsewhere. It was in response to RIco94's comment that the club could demolish the Mainer and we would stilll have a capacity of over 12000.

According to Wikipedia ( and I know the former member of Pittodrie staff who tends to maintain the stadium info there), the Beach End has a capacity of over 6000, and the Soother 8400. Therefore, putting my 1973 O grade in Arithmetic to good use, I'd say that that aggregates to 14400, even before the King St End capacity is added.

Rico94 is therefore correct in his assertion, the Chairman is talking out of his erse, and your mate Sir Norman Foster's learned opinion is not really required.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittodrie_Stadium
    All right the . How about this. Gut the Main Stand , stick a new slightly higher roof on it and fit a wee two tire of seating in there . With a shortened bitty at the front (while cutting another metre off the front of the Soother ) so we meet thon UEFA space thing. Build all the facilities for the Main Stand across the road where the car park/all weather pitch is , and have access to the main stand seats by either bloody great covered bridge tunnels from the "concourse area in the old car park.
    That shouldn't be too much of an issue with light access etc for the neighbouring houses ?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    It is the most impressive statistic I've heard quoted so far.
    Out of curiosity how much does the main stand hold?

4000 would be a stretch I would imagine.Even If the South Stand got cut back and the main stand got decreased so the capacity is 12000 that’s gonna be one huge feckin pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I said I believe Pittodrie can be renovated, I never said the 12k was a fairytale. You are the one obsessed by this and believing;

1. Stewart Milne
    2. An experienced architect from another football forum that I presume you know their background in stadium architecture.

Who cares how it's getting paid for? We won't be paying for it? Nice one pal
    Instead of the constant sneering pish, go and read the thread and all his comments.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Instead of the constant sneering pish, go and read the thread and all his comments.
    Nothing more sneering than your absolutely mental comment about paying for it. At least we know you have put no thought into this at all, you just want a shiny new thing and **** everybody else.

pal

Back on topic..... Do you still get football players called Hamish?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    The boy Oliver Burke has the same body type/build as hot shot Hamish,is that close enough?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Indeed you do. Hamish Ritchie, from Aboyne, was only 16 when he was a regular in Keith's squad.

By the time he was 18/19 two seasons ago, he was bossing the midfield against some estimable old troopers like a young 6oune66, but without the innate evil of the arch-**** who is on my eternal hit-list with his heroine, Thatcher.

Hamish was player ilof the year in 2015-16, before he left for the US on a fitba scholarship. No doubt, if he'd stayed, and if and when he returns, one of the sugar daddy clubs would have enticed him away with shiny baubles, but by **** the loon could play.

Page 262 of 560 FirstFirst ... 162212252260261262263264272312362 ... LastLast