+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 271 of 560 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,710 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

This is probably covered in the previous posts but I wanted to know if that initial design for the new stadium is final?

I would imagine/hope it isn't and this is an initial artists impression.

Has there been any talk of fan input into this? I know the Groupama in Hungary has been mentioned and quite frankly I would take one of those in red right noo. What were peoples thoughts on the Euroborg in Groningen?Not too shabby I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post
    This is probably covered in the previous posts but I wanted to know if that initial design for the new stadium is final?

I would imagine/hope it isn't and this is an initial artists impression.

Has there been any talk of fan input into this? I know the Groupama in Hungary has been mentioned and quite frankly I would take one of those in red right noo. What were peoples thoughts on the Euroborg in Groningen?Not too shabby I thought.

I also hope its not set in stone so to speak.

Groupama Stadium looks class and could see that lit up in Red at night and be stunning. The internal lay out of the seats also looks very good and close to the pitch to make the atmosphere even better.

Come on Stu.......prove your worth with a stadium like that

Internal layout of the Budapest stadium is perfect, I'd go as far as say it MUST be copied.

Outside the thing looks gorgeous, BUT..... half time comes and you head for your pint and pannini ( or whatever) and it's all outside.

You wouldn't get rained on as such because you are under the stands and it's great for folk wanting a fag but it may need to be enclosed in the Aberdeen climate.

It can get bloody cold here but it's very seldom windy.
    The same can't be said for the North East of Scotland.

I would say it was the final design. A sh@it one at that

Two grounds I thought were decent recently

Slavia Pragues Eden Arena 21k and 34m quid (the main joining the behind goals stands look a bit **** in the corners but its a tidy ground)

and the aforementioned by someone else

Rapid Viennas Weststadion(Allianz Stadion) a bit big at 28k and 45m

And there is Luzerns Swisspoarena which ive posted before

But the point is, a decent stadium can be built within our budget. But will it
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 31-12-2017 at 12:16 PM.

Some good examples there Pac.

Reading this forum and speaking to other supporters there appears to be common requirements across the board:

- Steep terracing
    - Close to the pitch
    - Bowl like feel/same level (not like the RDU)
    - Red/White colours - (thone yellow seats grind my gears)

It has to be unique and represent who we are, not some soulless box standard set up that could be found anywhere in Europe.

Do you think there has been extensive research done? Has AFC been traveling Europe consistently, gathering ideas, speaking to clubs who have been there and done it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spielführer_1903 View Post

Do you think there has been extensive research done? Has AFC been traveling Europe consistently, gathering ideas, speaking to clubs who have been there and done it?
    I can bet you I have done more without even trying. They went to Bristol City. That was it I bet

Nae opposed to a new midden. It just better nae be sh@te

To note, I spoke to Rapid fan. I said it was nice to see the away end was safe standing.(far left corner in the pic) He told me all other clubs in the leagues fans were consulted about what they would prefer. Standing won the vote. Nice touch
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 31-12-2017 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I would say it was the final design. A sh@it one at that
    Well your wrong. Its not the final design. Nowhere near it.
    We are only at the outlining planning permission stage. We still dont know what we can and can't do on that site. Until then its an artist impression only. In otherwords what we would like to put on the site.
    The details come when we go for detailed planning permission.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I can bet you I have done more without even trying. They went to Bristol City. That was it I bet

Nae opposed to a new midden. It just better nae be sh@te

To note, I spoke to Rapid fan. I said it was nice to see the away end was safe standing.(far left corner in the pic) He told me all other clubs in the leagues fans were consulted about what they would prefer. Standing won the vote. Nice touch
    Agreed. It has to be worthwhile, nae half ersed job here.

I was going to say you have probably been to more places than the club.

I think a good new stadium would unite us more for 90 minutes re getting all the folk who want to sing and go radge at the match in the one end ala European stadiums. You look how good our away support is in places like Easter Road and Tynecastle.

I know our budget probably doesn't stretch to this but I love the Schalke 04 tunnel with it's reference to its industrial roots. Not essential of course but things like that just give it that extra oomph. Granite tunnel or the like

Fans should definitely be involved in designing the stadium, otherwise we will end up with something as rubbish as a Stewart Milne hoose.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Internal layout of the Budapest stadium is perfect, I'd go as far as say it MUST be copied.

Outside the thing looks gorgeous, BUT..... half time comes and you head for your pint and pannini ( or whatever) and it's all outside.

You wouldn't get rained on as such because you are under the stands and it's great for folk wanting a fag but it may need to be enclosed in the Aberdeen climate.

It can get bloody cold here but it's very seldom windy.
    The same can't be said for the North East of Scotland.
    The more and more I look at this stadium, the more I agree. I would be proud to call that our home for the next 100 years or whatever.

Not this over sized McDiarmid Park that is currently being portrayed.

Really hope supporters are consulted. Could be a deal breaker if not.

Page 271 of 560 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271272273281321371 ... LastLast