+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 279 of 560 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I think ther's a difference between moaning, and pointing out certain practical difficulties caused by glaring club ignorance about the potential experience of actually getting to and from the proposed location. It's going to be a different thing from having a reserved parking space and arranged pre and post-match hospitality. Let them eat pies.

I've said before, if it goes through, I will buy my season ticket as usual, but for a trial season. If it's the transport cluster**** I suspect it might be, I'll pick and choose individual fixtures to attend, thereafter.

Having been accused of being a "red tory" by newly-radicalised ****age ****wit pant-pishers for the past couple of years means that not achieving Top Redness status, gauged by the self-calibrated measurement device chosen by self appointed Top Reds, will worry me hardly at all.
    I'd actually call the current location as a transport cluster****. Guess what? we still put up with the current stupid status quo. Why wouldn't you do the same at the new site? If we all gave Pittodrie a 1 season trial then nae season tickets would be sold.

This aint about being a top red as you put it, It's about being positive and finding perhaps a different way of getting to games. I have to laugh at fans thinking it will be a nightmare to get to Westhill!! FFS it's not bloomin that hard to get to!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    I'd actually call the current location as a transport cluster****. Guess what? we still put up with the current stupid status quo. Why wouldn't you do the same at the new site? If we all gave Pittodrie a 1 season trial then nae season tickets would be sold.

This aint about being a top red as you put it, It's about being positive and finding perhaps a different way of getting to games. I have to laugh at fans thinking it will be a nightmare to get to Westhill!! FFS it's not bloomin that hard to get to!!
    OK, I will bite.....

How many buses go past Pittodrie and Merkland road on a match day?
    How many go through Westhill?

Parking is pretty easy around surrounding areas at Pittodrie, the beach, even up the spittal, how many parking areas are there on the dualer to wetshill?

You can get the train to Aberdeen and walk to Pittodrie, wheres the closest train station to Westhill? Can you walk to Westhill from it?

There are ump**** reasons why this is a sh!t idea, but we are told as per always, sit down shut up and get on with it, its what we need. I agree we need to upgrade from the stadium we are currently in, but is this REALLY the only option?

I totally agree.
    Going by the survey that was carried out, the vast majority will find travel easier at Kingsford, especially as the project completed after the AWPR is finished

I have never had a problem getting to or from Pittodrie. I also have never had trouble parking when I have driven whether heading in from Ellon or Oldmeldrum. Pittodrie has f@cking heaps of parking around it absolutely f@cking heaps. Much more than the new site will. It also has plenty of escape routes to. South down KS, North up KS, through Froghall, South down the beach and on to the harbour, north up the beach and into BOD, Up St Machar, Mounthooly. Its a myth that Pittodrie is a clusterf@ck.

Also to note never had an issue getting a bus from Ellon(notice that's singular) when I was a nipper either.

I'm all for a new stadium by the way. Just nae this one.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I totally agree.
    Going by the survey that was carried out, the vast majority will find travel easier at Kingsford, especially as the project completed after the AWPR is finished
    A survey on something that has not even broken ground. How did they manage that. That's some decent Mystic Meg sh@t that

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I have never had a problem getting to or from Pittodrie. I also have never had trouble parking when I have driven whether heading in from Ellon or Oldmeldrum. Pittodrie has f@cking heaps of parking around it absolutely f@cking heaps. Much more than the new site will. It also has plenty of escape routes to. South down KS, North up KS, through Froghall, South down the beach and on to the harbour, north up the beach and into BOD, Up St Machar, Mounthooly. Its a myth that Pittodrie is a clusterf@ck.

Also to note never had an issue getting a bus from Ellon(notice that's singular) when I was a nipper either.

This has got to be the first time I've heard King street being described as an escape route. As for the harbour, our bus takes half an hour getting through there and that's on a good day! Surely you could get on a supporters bus from Ellon/Oldmeldrum? or even drive to a point where you could get picked up by one. That's what i and many others have to do currently.

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    OK, I will bite.....

How many buses go past Pittodrie and Merkland road on a match day?
    How many go through Westhill?

Parking is pretty easy around surrounding areas at Pittodrie, the beach, even up the spittal, how many parking areas are there on the dualer to wetshill?

You can get the train to Aberdeen and walk to Pittodrie, wheres the closest train station to Westhill? Can you walk to Westhill from it?

There are ump**** reasons why this is a sh!t idea, but we are told as per always, sit down shut up and get on with it, its what we need. I agree we need to upgrade from the stadium we are currently in, but is this REALLY the only option?
    That's about the size of it.

Times change Pacman.
    When you were a nipper was a long long time ago.
    There are regular instances at peak times when the buses are full to capacity and don't stop. That's just a fact.

Also, I'd disagree with the parking, there are loads of restrictions to parking around Pittodrie, especially during matches.
    It's why people drive and park some distance from the ground and walk to and from the ground.
    There are far more opportunities for parking around Kingsford (Lawsondale, Arnhall, Prime 4, KP&R).
    The escape routes you site are completed congested and not helped by bus lanes being in operation when the game finishes.
    It's not a myth, you just don't like / know the facts.

A survey on something that has not even broken ground. How did they manage that. That's some decent Mystic Meg sh@t that
    Your being deliberately obtuse.
    You fully know the survey was on how supporters get to / from Pittodrie.

It's my opinion that Kingsford, in a more open environment with the AWPR in place will allow quicker egress than the congested, bus laned, traffic light scenario we have at Pittodrie

This has got to be the first time I've heard King street being described as an escape route. As for the harbour, our bus takes half an hour getting through there and that's on a good day! Surely you could get on a supporters bus from Ellon/Oldmeldrum? or even drive to a point where you could get picked up by one. That's what i and many others have to do currently.
    That's just too sensible and does not facilitate the fallacy argument though

Page 279 of 560 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379 ... LastLast