+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 283 of 560 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,830 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    I think they had better links to it than we do now - trams and trains.
    Indeed you appear to be correct, it looks like there was a tram that went down Merkland Road East.
    Well in 1926 it did, not sure when the link went in

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It's pointing out that when Pittodrie was built, it was "out of town", not even on a grass field but a dung heap.
    As with all progression of civilization, expansion goes outwards.
    It's not hard to get to Westhill is it?
    In an artificially-created rush hour either side of the fitba, why yes, it will be.

Or you can go out at 1100 and er....ehhh...hang on now...I'll think of something...er...sorry, no.

Or hang around waiting for the Stagecoach fae Alford at 1815 or something, get into town at 1855, then try to get a bus to the 'burbs.

I can hardly wait (but waiting will be a part of the unique Kingsford experience, as things stand).

Practical difficulties.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    In an artificially-created rush hour either side of the fitba, why yes, it will be.
    As it is at Pittodrie.........

I do note your selective avoidance of the other points in my post, Gallus79.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    As mentioned above, people would park at Lawsondale, Arnhall, Prime 4, Kingswells P&R and maybe even further into Westhill, just like the many that park further away from Pittodrie that is put across as a positive for staying at Pittodrie in here.
    Kingswells P&R - this is approx 1.75 mile walk from Kingsford. Plus you will have to walk across two new slip roads onto and off of the AWPR at South Kingswells junction. There are pedestrian crossings here and a (narrow) pavement on one side of the A944 only.

That walking distance is equivalent of to/from Chapel Street car park when playing at Pittodrie. Do many people you know park that far from the ground?

Arnhall - I'm not aware the club have permission from anyone to park in these private car parks - do you know differently?

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    In 1899 when Pittodrie opened we had trams running down king street....you could walk from the city centre in the same time you can now ....there was trains to Aberdeen from Ellon / Peterhead / Fraserburgh/ Alford / ballater/ Stonehaven / oldmeldrum/ Inverurie/ Huntly /dyce/ culter/ Buckie / Banff .....getting my drift ....very easy to get to ....heard wiggie trying to say Pittodrie was out of the way to get to when it opened ....****ing arse can’t even get that right
    Aye although I think Cormack may have said that, perhaps as well as Milne. So ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Kingswells P&R - this is approx 1.75 mile walk from Kingsford. Plus you will have to walk across two new slip roads onto and off of the AWPR at South Kingswells junction. There are pedestrian crossings here and a (narrow) pavement on one side of the A944 only.

That walking distance is equivalent of to/from Chapel Street car park when playing at Pittodrie. Do many people you know park that far from the ground?

Arnhall - I'm not aware the club have permission from anyone to park in these private car parks - do you know differently?
    Folk have nae idea about anything. It's exactly the same distance from the door of Kingsford > door of Kingswells P&R as it is from Merkland Lane > Holburn junction. Who even walks that now? The other option is waiting for a shuttle bus for up to 45 minutes to Kingswells. Who knows the time it will then take to get out and home. That's for 1500 fans, and thousands more at Dyce and the others. Then you have x thousands waiting just to get back to town.

But don't worry, we're all going to be waiting in the warmth of the 400 people stadium bar, so I keep reading.

Pittodrie could not be easier for everything and will seem like a doddle even for drivers compared to this place.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post

But don't worry, we're all going to be waiting in the warmth of the 400 people stadium bar, so I keep reading.
    400 capacity bar always makes me laugh. Add the punters in the Wig, Archies, Illicit Still, Scotia, Mither Tap, Pittodrie Bar, Red Lion, Bobbin, Golf Clubs, Brewdog w@nker shack, other Brewdog w@nker shack, Kirkgate, Mither Tap, Northern Bar, Butchers etc on a saturday before Pittodrie that are heading to Pittodrie it will be a thoughty over 400.

The Red Bar is going to be f@cking ace.

The Red Bar will be for golden ticket holders only. Guarantee it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    400 capacity bar always makes me laugh. Add the punters in the Wig, Archies, Illicit Still, Scotia, Mither Tap, Pittodrie Bar, Red Lion, Bobbin, Golf Clubs, Brewdog w@nker shack, other Brewdog w@nker shack, Kirkgate, Mither Tap, Northern Bar, Butchers etc on a saturday before Pittodrie that are heading to Pittodrie it will be a thoughty over 400.

The Red Bar is going to be f@cking ace.
    I always remember the capacity of downstairs at Snafu was 380. What a hoot it would be if 2/3 of the Dons support were reliant on that after or before a game.

Page 283 of 560 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383 ... LastLast