+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 285 of 560 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast
Results 2,841 to 2,850 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Kingswells P&R - this is approx 1.75 mile walk from Kingsford. Plus you will have to walk across two new slip roads onto and off of the AWPR at South Kingswells junction. There are pedestrian crossings here and a (narrow) pavement on one side of the A944 only.
    Distance is not an issue, people walk as far currently.
    It's about the same distance from Pittodrie to the train station.....
    As part of the development, the pathways / pedestrian crossings could be improved. Nothing insurmountable.
    I regularly have to cross the dual carriageway from the KP&R to the Prime 4 business estate as it stands.

That walking distance is equivalent of to/from Chapel Street car park when playing at Pittodrie. Do many people you know park that far from the ground?
    As above, it's the same as to the train station which is not an issue and is regularly walked to after games.
    I head north and have seen people walking back to Bridge of Don after games, which is a greater distance

Arnhall - I'm not aware the club have permission from anyone to park in these private car parks - do you know differently?
    I'm not aware that the club have permission from Sainsbury's or the many residential private parking areas that many supporters use currently at Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    That's what will happen anyway but it will evolve over a number of years. I have no doubt that all that area will be built on over a period of decades and naturally will bring hotels, restaurants and bars. Fans need to realise that this isn't for the next 5-10 years, this will be for the next 100 years. The City will naturally expand into this area over the next few decades and If the stadium is built it will naturally attract pubs, restaurants and with that, housing.
    Exactly.
    Yes, there are no immediate facilities / amenities surrounding the proposed location, but there will be many business opportunities that become viable once the ground is up and running.
    I too believe there would be further expansion.

Trouble is, people think there needs to be an entitlement and have everything on day one.

Rome wasn't built in a day and this project for the long term future wont be either!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    This is what I cant understand either,some people seem to blame Pittodrie for the shyte atmosphere/experience but I cant see the shiny new stadium having a rocking atmosphere in the middle of the winter when we are playing the likes of St Johnstone and it is half empty.

The only time the new stadium will have good atmosphere is when we are playing either of the cheeks or when we are playing in Europe,which is what it is like at Pittodrie.
    One of the cheeks might not even be playing in our league if they have it their way and the other cheek is being right royally rimmed by Milne. He clearly needs them to help pay the £50/60/70m debt.

I could potentially get there quicker and I wouldn't be drinking so to be honest, that part doesn't bother me. What does bother me is the debt for something that should look special but doesn't in the uncertain times of Scottish football.

Plus the utter pish coming from Milne about Pittodrie being a death trap.

Go on then, pencil in a few burger vans and it's ideal.

I think the club have totally underestimated the amount of fans that are actually against going to Westhill.

As pointed out above, we know that the board have let Pittodrie drop into its current state and need to do something, but the more people learn about Kingsford traffic issues, lack of facilities and lack of generally fvcking anything around it, the more disgruntled people are becoming.

If we then saddle a huge mortgage to the place while building it, I can see the crowds dipping badly.

‘Significant levels of spending on repair and renewal of our existing facilities over the next five years would mean less finance available for the football team, which would likely reduce performance with the knock-on effect of decreasing fan attendance and associated match-day revenue’

That’s a quote from Dumbarton, who are trying to move out the town to a swamp. Wonder where they learned that pish from?

Their ground is less than 20 years old btw

That's a point of course.

How long is the life expectancy of a new building nowadays?

My cynical guess would be about the length of the mortgage.

That's progress for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    ‘Significant levels of spending on repair and renewal of our existing facilities over the next five years would mean less finance available for the football team, which would likely reduce performance with the knock-on effect of decreasing fan attendance and associated match-day revenue’

That’s a quote from Dumbarton, who are trying to move out the town to a swamp. Wonder where they learned that pish from?

Their ground is less than 20 years old btw
    Load of pish. If that's the case then its their own fault for getting gypos to build the c@nt 17 year ago. But I smell sh@te

The worst thing I saw there was the bin in the bog was knocked over

I have kept every quiet on this over last few months and dare say it has been talked to death on here already, but what are the alternatives here.

We are moaning about the lack of facilities around the new ground, but in the unlikelihood that we are going to pay city centre land prices, this will be the case with any location we move to. We are told Pittodrie is too expensive to maintain in its current state and would cost too much to redevelop, plus planning would also have to get through loads of red tape, so moving is IMO the only sensible option.

Building the same stadium we plan to at Kingsford anywhere near the city centre, will cost even more money. Planning applications of that size near a city centre location will unlikely get approval from the Councillors, that’s a fact and it would cost the club a fortune too. Commercial land rates in Aberdeen are very high and we would need a multi acre site to host such a development, so the costs will be astronomical. The Shires commercial land rates are lower, with less red tape on sites on the outskirts of towns, hence why it is being explored by the club.

Like a lot of people, Im not overly happy with everything about this Aurora project, particularly the potential debt, but knowing the in’s and out’s of Planning at a local government body, I can assure you that its likely the best and cheapest option on the table at the present time. Other sites explored were Blackdog and a site not too far from Portlethen, but they weren’t seen as desirable by the council from the get-go.

We either get behind the project, or spend many more years at a crumbling stadium with more money being wasted on fixing a wreck, chasing new stadium locations and getting planning applications through.

I myself cant see any other option.

Page 285 of 560 FirstFirst ... 185235275283284285286287295335385 ... LastLast