+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 312 of 560 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO_86 View Post
    Really what my main concern is what happens when we take a dip in form and hit a season again (similar to the late 90's) or even some of the Calderwood / McGhee days? The team are doing well now and seem to be heading in the right direction, but it's not to say that crowds of 15k are even guaranteed, I'm sure most of you on here have been to Pittodrie on a Wednesday night when we've played Falkirk or St.Mirren or some other basement battling team and our crowd has been less than 10,000. That's the crowds that worry me, even having a Stadium near enough the centre of town and we can't even half fill it . All fine when we are up battling at the top end and there is a feel-good factor around the place. We have done well to get younger / newer fans coming since winning the league cup, but will some glory hunters hang about a half empty, new stadium when the going gets tough? Call me a cynic if you want. Just hope we can make a success of this really.
    In 1983, we played and beat Raith Rovers 9-0 with an attendance of 9,650.
    The season earlier (when we won the CWC), we had 4 games below 10k.
    We’ve never regularly sold out Pittodrie even at our absolute peak in on the field performances

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    We just covered that cost debate.

I'm not going to sit and beg you to want folk like me to go to games. I obviously don't support Aberdeen for the same reasons as you. There's a part of me that hopes Kingsford happens and you and the rest of the worst home support in the world all go out there and sit in dead silence eating your prawn sandwiches. I'd prefer to be standing on a terrace at a cheap game somewhere in Aberdeen. Feel free to add more bores to your support.
    I’m still trying to make sense of this post

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    In 1983, we played and beat Raith Rovers 9-0 with an attendance of 9,650.
    The season earlier (when we won the CWC), we had 4 games below 10k.
    We’ve never regularly sold out Pittodrie even at our absolute peak in on the field performances
    Not enough #TopRedz like you, that's the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Are these the same people who have left Pittodrie half empty for my entire 28 years of attending and beyond.

We are poorly supported club and have been for a long f@cking time. Why do people think a new stadium will make us have a good support?

Oh thats right as the new stadium winna be freezing One of the classic wee lines from this thread
    In terms of demographics and population, I thought we were quite well supported.

Indeed, reported a couple of days ago.

The Scottish Premiership leads Europe in terms of fan attendance figures on a per capita basis.

With an average of 11,436 fans turning up to Scottish top-flight matches, that represents 0.21% of the population.
    Given our average attendance is higher than the country average, were actually relatively well supported.

Given Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire combined has a population of only about 10% of the country too, only increases our relatively good support when compared across Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by theoninedog View Post
    Yes,hence why I wrote it.
    Face facts Pittodrie was one of Scottish footballs top stadiums 30 year ago. Now it’s ****e.
    So I repeat again some fans they are if they don’t follow the club because of Pittodrie!!!

They can’t be fans then can they ?

‘ oh I don’t go to Pittodrie because it’s ****e ‘...😂😂😂.....

Don’t you see how ironic your original post is ??

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not enough #TopRedz like you, that's the problem.
    Your choice, I can only look after myself.
    As for the facts, read above, we are relatively well supported.
    Some people just are unrealistic and have an unjust unrealistic expectation

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Your choice, I can only look after myself.
    As for the facts, read above, we are relatively well supported.
    Some people just are unrealistic and have an unjust unrealistic expectation
    Like having a massive debt to build a big stadium that we can't fill?

You just look after yourself #TopRed

Quote Originally Posted by theoninedog View Post
    I’m still trying to make sense of this post
    It's very simple.

You're a big jessie. **** off to Kingsford.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    This^
    You honestly haven’t a f@cking clue what your talking about. If you were a Dons fan - you wouldn’t call your stadium a s***hole. Show a bit of loyalty you clown. Are you a hun? There are far worse in Scotland. You need to get out more.

You, and the rest of your young arriviste wa***er mates, are the problem here. Learn your history you f@cking troglodyte. It’s not a ‘set-up’, it’s a fitba stadium for Christ’s sake.
    A teuchter is proposing to move the dons to the country - it would be quite funny if it wasn’t so embarrassing. The whole sordid saga is an embarrassment. You are an embarrassment. On 30 January, you and the rest of the suckers who have fallen for this fairytale will have to finally wake up and face the real world.
    Standing free for 46 years and proud of it!
    The Pitt is home.
    Relax min, like me, you’ll have plenty fond memories of the place after the bulldozers have moved in

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Like having a massive debt to build a big stadium that we can't fill?

You just look after yourself #TopRed
    You want a bigger debt to redevelop Pittodrie.

#NoCommonSense

Page 312 of 560 FirstFirst ... 212262302310311312313314322362412 ... LastLast