+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 41 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

FTLOF! Leaflet just popped through the door from the local nimbys

Met the same fate as the Vote Remain propaganda ...... rrrrrriiiiiiiiipppppppp ...

You are spot with there being a few obstacles.

One of the biggest ones is that the club have not got the money to build it.

Quite, Euromeister.

Here are some other obstacles/challenges/facts to ponder over;

1) BP and Shells main pipelines run underneath the Kingsford site. This will be extremely difficult to negotiate with the HSE as there are a host of restrictions associated with building over them.

2) The site is landfill and as such needs to be remediated. Remediation alone will cost a significant amount of money before anything is built.

3) SM has decided in recent weeks to drop the stadium consultants for a local firm, who have never designed and delivered a stadium. It can't be that difficult though, can it-?

Will it still happen-? I sincerely hope so now that the club has gone official about the project and engaged with Aberdeen City Council planning. We are all Dons fans and hope/need this to happen, it's now or never really.
    Last edited by Gallus79; 27-06-2016 at 09:13 PM.

Well I can come on and trivialise this stadium thing but its a farce really. The whole thing.

At the risk of repeating I can remember back in 1999 walking down to the RDS and seeing these plans for a new stadium all jazzy pictures, designs. 17 years (SEVEN****) they are still peddling the same myth.

How much longer is this going to go on?

- Local economy going down tube
    - Oil and Gas suffering globally
    - Politically unstable UK

These people in Kingswells are not going to allow it to go ahead. Unless the people who were going mental and frothing at the mouth the last time are now deed the same people are mobilising to protest.

The club havn't got money to build a new stadium. Build a small training ground FFS? Can they not raise enough money for that and be done with it?

They have not got the money to build new stadium FFS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    Quite, Euromeister.

1) BP and Shells main pipelines run underneath the Kingsford site. This will be extremely difficult to negotiate with the HSE as there are a host of restrictions associated with building over them.
    There is only one pipeline - the Forties pipeline.

It doesn't run through the site - it goes to the west (right past the corner flag of the Lawsondale pitch).

You can see the route on Google Earth - see the earth disturbance and the marker posts at the sides of the road.

In any case, the pipeline goes right between two new office buildings at Arnhall (Cala and DAI, I think), the corridor between the two buildings where the pipeline runs can't be any more than 10m wide.

KK you're right, however you are slightly inaccurate with positioning. There definitely are two lines right underneath the site and they carry larger exclusion zones than you cite.

Euromesister the money was always going to be a challenge but there are plenty challenges before we even get to that.

The Westhill and Kingswells residents, as well as the raise to aloung the southern edge of the site will be opposed no doubt, but then isn't that why Angela Scott was solicited-?

I think this project presents more issues than the last site and the club didn't even own that land at Loirston-however it is now or never as has been said so surely AFC will overcome all of these.
    Last edited by Gallus79; 27-06-2016 at 10:03 PM.

With almost all major works, there are challenges and obstacles.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    KK you're right, however you are slightly inaccurate with positioning. There definitely are two lines right underneath the site and they carry larger exclusion zones than you cite.
    Here is the route of the Forties pipeline through the new Arnhall / Kingshill offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    With almost all major works, there are challenges and obstacles.
    Quite. I've just finished 4th year Engineering at RGU, and if there's one thing I've learned is that with enough will and money, there's a way to do just about anything.

Quite whether the Dons budget stretches that far is a question for someone with a lot more experience than me.

Edit:

Plus, it's not as if we're building the Burj Khalifa. We're not looking at 50 m foundations.
    Last edited by DandyDons1903; 27-06-2016 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDons1903 View Post
    Quite. I've just finished 4th year Engineering at RGU, and if there's one thing I've learned is that with enough will and money, there's a way to do just about anything.

Quite whether the Dons budget stretches that far is a question for someone with a lot more experience than me.

Edit:

Plus, it's not as if we're building the Burj Khalifa. We're not looking at 50 m foundations.
    Exactly. If there is a will on both sides (building design/engineering and local authority) solutions are generally found.

Page 41 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141541 ... LastLast