+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Gavtek View Post
    I'm sure many of us have reservations on Stewart Milne's ability to run a football club, but if there's one thing we should be able to trust him to do right, it's doing proper due diligence on a purchase of land to be used for development.
    Gas pipeline loactions, from national grid website, Nothing near Lawsondale.

The pumping station is out by Garlogie and protected 24/7 by the police.

Look at sheet NJ from link below.

http://www2.nationalgrid.com/uk/serv...y/gas-network/

I'm sure many of us have reservations on Stewart Milne's ability to run a football club, but if there's one thing we should be able to trust him to do right, it's doing proper due diligence on a purchase of land to be used for development.
    Well.....I laughed Gavtek ;-)

Oban red - Regarding pipelines, trust me there are two under the site as I've seen the layout with my own eyes. Regarding stadium consultants, they have been ditched, for reasons only SM can explain - and regarding the landfill - there is a reason a dirty site can be acquired cheaply. For example, Kings links was never a go-er because of the land price and Loirston proved prohibitive for similar reasons.

The money raising issue is an entirely different discussion and the crux of all this - but then its never been broached as AFC have never had planning permission on a site that they've owned. That will be interesting to see unfold once a scheme has been designed (is that the right word?) and granted PP, but there are a lot of wealthy people in Aberdeen of that there is no doubt.
    Last edited by Gallus79; 28-06-2016 at 02:57 PM.

IMO I do not think he should be our chairman(.)

The housing development going at present in Charleston : Part
    of the site was an old landfill. It has cost them millions to recycle the waste from it.

So I really hope you are correct with the due diligence. Maybe this site landfill can be left as is.

I thought the Forties pipeline travelled past us between Dunecht and Loch of Skene.

Well unless SM wants to finally hang himself with the AFC support? I doubt he would have stated when this became public, that extensive due diligence and groundwork tests had been undertaken on the site to determine it's suitability prior to making it public.

Therefore, I think as planning is now submitted, it's only fair that we give the club the opportunity to progress maters instead of the constant mystic meg type predictions being debated on here. As I doubt any poster on here has any definitive knowledge of any element of the potential project be that planning, technical build specs or finance.

Milne still can't tell us where the money is coming from, and until he does you can't blame people for being sceptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    Milne still can't tell us where the money is coming from, and until he does you can't blame people for being sceptical.
    Isn't it coming from the EU?

Quote Originally Posted by DonsRUs View Post
    As I doubt any poster on here has any definitive knowledge of any element of the potential project be that planning, technical build specs or finance.
    Think again.

Watching with a very keen eye, and as a commited Dons supporter.
    Last edited by Gallus79; 28-06-2016 at 11:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    Think again.

Watching with a very keen eye, and as a commited Dons supporter.
    So outside of your stating that oil pipelines run under site and the HSE issues which may arise, which was already disputed by another poster who provided visual proof of said. What specific, definitive and wholly irrefutable knowledge of the entire process do you possess then?

Bump

Page 43 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143543 ... LastLast