+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 52 of 560 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Cheers for that recognition Mastrick, got to love a hardman on a keyboard.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 20-07-2016 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    It's not ideal but I don't know if rebuilding Pittodrie is a go'er. I'd love it to be but I can't see where the money comes from for it, plus the reduced income while we were doing it. Pittodrie should have been addressed in the 90s when other clubs were upgrading their grounds. That's when the mainer should have been rebuilt. We missed the boat.
    Pittodrie isn't a goer, and you're absolutely right he land round he stadium should have been acquired there and then-lack of foresight there.

Back to the earlier point, my concern is how this proper stadium will look as my view with the info I have is that there is a chance it's going to look sh1te. The RDS procurement and "design" exemplifies this approach. I have noticed lots of posts on social media using some stunning examples of stadia from around Europe-there are some great ideas form Dons fans out there too.

My view here if it's not going to be done properly then there is no point in doing it at all.

SM & Dod perhaps don't care too much about that, and want to deliver a cowshed as it will be cheaper. Better off staying put it that turns out to be the case. Bring on the 26th July, let's see what materialises…

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    Bring on the 26th July, let's see what materialises…
    Heaps of greeting on here nae doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Cheers for that recognition Mastrick, got to love a hardman on a keyboard.
    How come you are getting it tight?

How much would it cost realistically to just redevelop Pittodrie in a non fancy way? If Stewarty is going to be looking for an extra £20m on top of the sale of the land then can't we just attempt to raise that and do it up gradually? Training facilities should be part paid for by the council and for shared use imo.

God knows min.

Nae as if he hasnt handed out random abuse before.

I would love Pittodrie to stay but its had its day. If i can be proved wrong then id love it but i just canna see it.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Ha ha....got to laugh at all the out of towners saying moving to cheuchterville is the best move ever ...������...If this Celtic /sevco/hibs/hearts moving out of town we would be laughing at them...but never mind moving 99% of our support to a field near Stewartys hoose is great eh ???....oh and we are not an epl club with millions of income ....we will be ****ed for years with debt ....oh and pacman...you are a ****er....now go on ask the admin to ban me ����
    Great post....really intelligent....well thought out.....stuff there.

Ha ha....got to laugh at all the out of towners saying moving to cheuchterville is the best move ever ...������...If this Celtic /sevco/hibs/hearts moving out of town we would be laughing at them...but never mind moving 99% of our support to a field near Stewartys hoose is great eh ???....oh and we are not an epl club with millions of income ....we will be ****ed for years with debt ....oh and pacman...you are a ****er....now go on ask the admin to ban me ����
    all the 'out of towners' who support the club
    the 'cheuchters' (sic) who make a journey longer than the proposed one for 'toonsers' to support the Dons

so easily dismissed by the likes of you

if the club relied on the support of those from inside the city limits
    pittodrie would be empty every week

Very mature. Roll on the end of the summer holidays. At least, I hope you're a school kid, if not ...

Dons Supporters Together issued a press release today about the new stadium, voicing their support for Kingsford. Just in case it's missed by anyone in here... http://www.donssupporterstogether.co...form=hootsuite

Goes without saying that statement-we are all behind it.

Now the euphoria is out of the way (I was directly part of it) plenty questions lie in waiting to be answered however. I sincerely hope SM produces the goods for our club.

Page 52 of 560 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152552 ... LastLast