+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 53 of 560 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by LaurentD'Jaffo View Post
    Dons Supporters Together issued a press release today about the new stadium, voicing their support for Kingsford. Just in case it's missed by anyone in here... http://www.donssupporterstogether.co...form=hootsuite
    Whats this DST 'release a press announcement' that they back the new stadium plans. Well thanks for that. I am sure you guys put a lot of thought into it - did your PR Guru write it???

Aside from the resident spellcheckers, froth at the mouth 24/7 reactionary hate mongers (pacman or whatever his name is) and grammer watchers coming on here to diss everything I post as 'its fashionable to do so' think again, think freely about the new stadium idea.

- The new stadium will cost £££££££m (£40m????)
    - There is no pot of money, as a club we make very little - its well run currently but must avoid debt.
    - The local economy is a train wreck.
    - The new stadium is an idea, a concept - its not an actual 'goer'.
    - The local council people that write cheques know absolutely nothing about football. They will not step into to help the club debt wise and bail it out if it gets into trouble.

Its shameful that Pittodrie has never been upgraded, or tended to and has been left to rot away since 1990's. Since 1999 they have been putting ££££ thousands of pounds into this continued idea of a new stadium AT THE EXPENSE of training facilities and the stadium.

Indeed the development of the RDS put the club in debt the last time; debt which they did not shake off for years.

There is EVERY opportunity to spruce up Pittodrie at a fraction of the cost of this new thing in wherever outside Aberdeen. AND build a training academy for a couple of ££m - £3 or £4m?? (Hibs one cost £5).

And why do they not do that??? Because the club AFC want every other private or public body than themselves to pay for the stadium. Going around like some sort of student looking for sponsorship for a trip to Botswana asking every tom dick and harry for money cap in hand - embarrassing.

Pittodrie is based in Aberdeen, historically it is our home. They (AFC) have recently started bumming around the 'Soul' 'Spirit' and 'Tradition' thing in communications.

Well I can tell you if they move from Pittodrie they can forget about soul, tradition or spirit because they will have sold out.

Will say the same to every other person on here who has followed Aberdeen all these years - Bayern nights, Waterschei, League title celebrations 1980, first club to have a dugout, Beach End days....

If we move away from Pittodrie you can take all your memories, all your ticket stubs, all the goals, all the laughs with your mates and all the memories and you can put them in a black bin bag and throw them in a big skip because they will mean sweet nothing if we move from Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    It's not ideal but I don't know if rebuilding Pittodrie is a go'er. I'd love it to be but I can't see where the money comes from for it, plus the reduced income while we were doing it. Pittodrie should have been addressed in the 90s when other clubs were upgrading their grounds. That's when the mainer should have been rebuilt. We missed the boat.
    We also missed the boat in 1985 when the board choose the cheap option of replacing the Paddock with a smaller capacity stand with pillars. The original plan was for a larger capacity 2 tier stand.

^^^^ that last eurotim rant

He's trying sooo hard

I remember when I was a lad, say 1984 (true story) from school we would often pop down to Pittodrie Stadium at lunchtime during the week. We went to all the games home and away - used to sit in the Paddock or Beach end for home games.

One day we went down (probably a Thursday) and Teddy Scott was outside washing the surface of the entry door on Pittodrie Street. We spoke to him and he let us inside, showed us around Pittodrie for 10 mins.

People like Teddy are no longer with us but sadly people like him - they will be turning in a grave at the thought of moving from Pittodrie to some soulless tip in the middle of nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroMeister View Post
    I remember when I was a lad, say 1984 (true story) from school we would often pop down to Pittodrie Stadium at lunchtime during the week. We went to all the games home and away - used to sit in the Paddock or Beach end for home games.

One day we went down (probably a Thursday) and Teddy Scott was outside washing the surface of the entry door on Pittodrie Street. We spoke to him and he let us inside, showed us around Pittodrie for 10 mins.

People like Teddy are no longer with us but sadly people like him - they will be turning in a grave at the thought of moving from Pittodrie to some soulless tip in the middle of nowhere.
    I note with interest that you put a pre cursor (true story) in your latest effort. Does that mean as is widely suspected by AbMad patrons, that all your previous posts to date were complete and utter fairy tales at best and complete and utter SH1TE at worst?

If we move away from Pittodrie you can take all your memories, all your ticket stubs, all the goals, all the laughs with your mates and all the memories and you can put them in a black bin bag and throw them in a big skip because they will mean sweet nothing if we move from Pittodrie.
    I've not posted on here in ages (partly down to the utter nonsense you spout) but that last comment is laughable. How can memories mean nothing if we move? Memories by definition is something remembered from the past. Give up eh and post your tripe somewhere else like Scotland Mad if it still exists...

Now you're trying a bit too hard. You need to phuk right off because you have gone beyond being a semi - illiterate wind up merchant with that last line.

In my opinion, you've gone too far.

Quote Originally Posted by DonsRUs View Post
    Does that mean as is widely suspected by AbMad patrons, that all your previous posts to date were complete and utter fairy tales at best and complete and utter SH1TE at worst?
    So its nae just me who thinks this then

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Ha ha....got to laugh at all the out of towners saying moving to cheuchterville is the best move ever ...������...If this Celtic /sevco/hibs/hearts moving out of town we would be laughing at them...but never mind moving 99% of our support to a field near Stewartys hoose is great eh ???....oh and we are not an epl club with millions of income ....we will be ****ed for years with debt ....oh and pacman...you are a ****er....now go on ask the admin to ban me ����

You have mail min! PM

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So its nae just me who thinks this then
    Ahhhh, look who it is Pacman 1903 - Aberdeen Mad's resident knee jerk reactionary moron.

- Have you got a topic to discuss?
    - Want to comment on anything?
    - Got something to say about the Dons?

Then head over to Aberdeen Mad where you can be joined in your conversation by Pacman.

Pacman uses his knee jerk reactionary nature to use words such as 'min', 'hun' 'pigs' and 'tim' on a daily basis.

In fact he spends so much time on Aberdeen Mad the first thing his wee kids say when he gets home is:

"Mummy, who is this man?"

Page 53 of 560 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast