+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 550 of 560 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 5595

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but I've just seen another week but about Brentford's new ground.
    How to build, in our case re-, a stadium within a relatively small footprint in a built up area.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere in this thread, but I've just seen another week but about Brentford's new ground.
    How to build, in our case re-, a stadium within a relatively small footprint in a built up area.
    Absolutely, and look at the overhead shots of the comparative built up areas surrounding the two grounds; Brentford would have bitten yer hand aff for the space around Pittodrie.

"Capital programme convener Marie Boulton* said: “Covid-19 has hampered our ability to bring the process forward as early as we would have wanted.

“There requires further discussions with stakeholders, one of which is Aberdeen Football Club who may now have a desire to remain within their spiritual home down at the beach.""

Today's Pish & Jism article, on potential changes to city centre redevelopment, hinting that that ludicrous trip to play on the top of Barmekin may be a long way off.

*this ****ing coal-driven device's limitations preclude strict rules-adherence, so you'll have to recall the Capital Programme Convener's splendid frontage from the televised full cooncil meeting where the W.A.N.K.s got their NIMBY erses skelped.

Nae mair talk aboot building a stupid stadium in a stupid place please.

We can however run buses on international weekends to pish in westhill gardens.

Fulham have found the room to redevelop Craven Cottage, despite backing onto the Thames. Absolutely mind boggling stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Fulham have found the room to redevelop Craven Cottage, despite backing onto the Thames. Absolutely mind boggling stuff
    Wrecking Pittodrie is merely the means by which a major input to the funding of Lochnagar Arena can be realised. I have no idea about footprint or construction possibilities, having sprinted from turgid Techy Drawing classes back to the comfort of literature in 1970.

If it can be re-developed, that’s the obvious solution. Capacity’s bound to be reduced for years yet, and development can be presumably carried out as and when demand and cashflow allows.

Not for the first time, I may be typing raw sewage, of course, but fuuck travelling to Westhill for fitba.

I was impressed last night when I noticed Fulham were doing building work during these times. No crowd to lock out, therefore no cash lost in that regards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    Actually it will.

I'll make sure of it.

Bump.

Quote Originally Posted by therealsouthstander View Post
    Stewart Milne said "The stadium SHOULD be in use for the season 2019/2020 season and the training facility by 2018"

That would have been handy

Its almost as if Milne was telling lies.

Page 550 of 560 FirstFirst ... 50450500540548549550551552 ... LastLast