+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 560 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Was that nae binned because it was going to cause problems with the TV reception of residents in the Merkland Road area?
    Thats a new one on me - never heard about that before.

You could still get a TV reception in the Bon Accord Golf Club when the RDS was built.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Grieves View Post
    Thats a new one on me - never heard about that before.

You could still get a TV reception in the Bon Accord Golf Club when the RDS was built.
    My memories nae the best, but I'm sure that's one of the stories I heard.
    Word was it was an RDS style two tier affair but that got binned cos it would faaaarrk up TV reception, so a while later they switched the project to the Dick End.

Onybody else remember this or am I having some weird false memory type affair?

The sensible thing would have been to continue the sooth stand round to the Merkland.

A larger capacity Merkland would have meant a cheaper lower capacity RDS.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland View Post
    all the 'out of towners' who support the club
    the 'cheuchters' (sic) who make a journey longer than the proposed one for 'toonsers' to support the Dons

so easily dismissed by the likes of you

if the club relied on the support of those from inside the city limits
    pittodrie would be empty every week
    Never mind only a week or so for you to wait to call the young loons in the signing section ' embarrassing '...again eh !
    That is why I called you a 'knobend' ...for your comment about them...

Mr ' it is not real mannies fitba unless it is snowing/-50 c/100 mph gales pacman ' then tried to suggest I should maybe get banned for that....😅😅.... As for keyboard warrior mr pacman....💤💤💤.....

Now I will say it once more... The majority who regularly post on here are from outside Aberdeen ...you have to travel to get to games in Aberdeen ....you seem to say that just because you travel it should be no problem for others to do the same ...fair enough argument but a large % of dons fans don't want to move out of town as they see the heart being ripped out of the club....just as it has happened to clubs over the years from other parts of the U.K... Being within walking distance of going for a meal before/after a game/doing a bit of shopping in town/meeting the wife/mates for a couple of pints after a game...catching just one bus from anywhere in Aberdeen to town centre and doing all of the above ....even walking from your house to pittodrie....all will be lost .....hearts have listened to their fans who do not want to move...they will now find ways to raise several million pounds to build a new stand....surely if we have to borrow millions which will have a big impact on our playing budget for years there must be ways of doing up pittodrie over a number of years ?? It seems some fans are so desperate to move they are willing to accept anything they being fed from Milne and co...they should build the training ground at Kingsford and that's it....

Now pacman surely you won't be happy with a new fully enclosed ground ....I mean a stadium that won't be open to all the rain/ sleet/ wind elements ...that would just not be fitba eh ?😴😴

a new venture for Pokemom Go creature to go

Quote Originally Posted by MalagaSheep View Post
    You have mail min! PM
    Replied...hope you are keeping well

It's nice to see that a new stadium can bring us altogether.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's nice to see that a new stadium can bring us altogether.
    😂 Best statement on this thread for a while

I dont disagree with your points about the current location and getting a pint etc Mastrick. Its part of the match day. Im in the stay at Pittodrie camp.But the idea of staying at Pittodrie is never going to happen. So why waste my time clinging onto false hope.It doesnt matter what you say, what i say, what anyone says. Whether this happens or another location, its going to happen. Pittodrie is on death row as is not feasible anymore. Sad yes.

Also i doubt an enclosed ground could keep out the Aberdeen elements

Anyway,Bloody hell, have a go at Pacman day. Im nae even a nasty c@nt, been speaking the same pish for 7 years and get grief twice in a day

As for for the likes of me i travel anyway. Alot of folk would have to factor in travel that didnt before. But 99%, come on min. There are f@cking heaps of teuchter fans. Maybe as much as toonzer maybe not, i dont know but it would be interesting to see the figures from the clubs database

Page 56 of 560 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156556 ... LastLast