+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 560 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

A new stadium is now a necessity, Pittodrie has done us proud but is way past it's sell by date, running costs and repairs are astronomical from what I read/have been told.

Granted it's our home, it's seen some magical highs and some horrendous lows (McGhee you horrible obnoxious excuse of a manager) it's full of history and memories.

It's a place that must never be forgotten and moving to a new purpose built modern stadium should not kill off memories and history. A new stadium will create it's new history and I'll be proud to be part of that history.

Move with the times.

So IF we were to stay and do up Pittodrie, what are the options?

What's the current capacity of each stand? The Mainer would have be done first obv but where the fu(k do you build? Can anything be done with the road behind. I can't remember Tynecastle and Easter Road before their rebuilds but the situations may be totally different from our's.

The mention of Hearts and Hibs listening to fans is funny. Tynecastle may have an atmosphere but its cheap as f@ck and Easter Road has the stupid angled bits behind the goal as it was shoe horned in place and there no atmosphere.

We would have to do some serious shoe horning.As Term says the mainer is first surely as its a tip. But how do you build a stand in place. Its a narrow stand front to back and theres about 1.5m of pavement behind it. Thats nae easy.

The mainer is a tip. The Merkland is a tip. The south stand is a tip.

I kind of love them all but by christ they are phukin tips.

Quote Originally Posted by khawaga View Post
    It's as rare as hens teeth that i would stoop to the level of personal remarks on here, but by christ i'll be almost glad when our European run comes to an end, and you disappear for another year.
    Aye but who will he then reappear as?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    It's nice to see that a new stadium can bring us altogether.
    Only problem is naebody can agree where.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    So IF we were to stay and do up Pittodrie, what are the options?

What's the current capacity of each stand? The Mainer would have be done first obv but where the fu(k do you build? Can anything be done with the road behind. I can't remember Tynecastle and Easter Road before their rebuilds but the situations may be totally different from our's.

Sorry but it's a totally pointless debate as they can't redevelope Pittodrie in its current state stand by stand. I am 99% positive there is an article out there that states that a whole new ground would have to be built at once by turning the pitch around a 90 degree angle as any other way wouldn't meet UEFA guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by khawaga
    It's as rare as hens teeth that i would stoop to the level of personal remarks on here, but by christ i'll be almost glad when our European run comes to an end, and you disappear for another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    Aye but who will he then reappear as?
    F4ck me guys, this is getting boring.
    Euromeister doesn't help himself by spouting shyte at times but you lot need to let the Eurotim crap go.
    It's probably putting folk off posting on here!

It's like a few years ago on here before there was the mass exodus of posters, repetitive shyte but at least Kelt, Cheesepipes etc. made me laugh out loud at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Barnared View Post
    The mainer is a tip. The Merkland is a tip. The south stand is a tip.

I kind of love them all but by christ they are phukin tips.
    I concur. The Y is my tip of choice, i have to give my seat the old slam test every game to see if it can take my weight without crumbling. Been through a couple over the years, embarrasingly, so has pacbro
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 20-07-2016 at 08:06 PM.

Sorry I was wrong about the 90 degree thing, was positive I read that somewhere.

http://mobile.afc.co.uk/page/Pittodr...,10284,00.html

Page 57 of 560 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107157557 ... LastLast