+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 58 of 560 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by khawaga View Post
    Only problem is naebody can agree where.
    As long as it's nowhere near Aberdeen then I'll be happy

Regarding the main stand, the road could be dog-legged in to the cinder car park allowing the stand to be built deeper. The king street end is a bigger problem tho

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    The mention of Hearts and Hibs listening to fans is funny. Tynecastle may have an atmosphere but its cheap as f@ck and Easter Road has the stupid angled bits behind the goal as it was shoe horned in place and there no atmosphere.

We would have to do some serious shoe horning.As Term says the mainer is first surely as its a tip. But how do you build a stand in place. Its a narrow stand front to back and theres about 1.5m of pavement behind it. Thats nae easy.
    Tynecastle is a horrible looking stadium as is Easter Road. And they have been developed over time as well…shudder to think what we will end up with - a Matalan effort as a new build?

Quote Originally Posted by Stickylittlefinger View Post
    Sorry but it's a totally pointless debate as they can't redevelope Pittodrie in its current state stand by stand. I am 99% positive there is an article out there that states that a whole new ground would have to be built at once by turning the pitch around a 90 degree angle as any other way wouldn't meet UEFA guidelines
    Yep, missed a trick when all the land surrounding Pittodrie was sold for flats.

In regards to building a bigger stand at the paddock, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the ground wasn't suitable for supporting the weight of a bigger stand.

Quote Originally Posted by naetaebashersallowed View Post
    Yep, missed a trick when all the land surrounding Pittodrie was sold for flats.

In regards to building a bigger stand at the paddock, I seem to remember reading somewhere that the ground wasn't suitable for supporting the weight of a bigger stand.

Is it not currently sinking as it is? Or is that bullsh1t because there was no problem with the dick donald

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    Tynecastle is a horrible looking stadium as is Easter Road. And they have been developed over time as well…shudder to think what we will end up with - a Matalan effort as a new build?
    That's another issue I have. There were lots of pictures of nice new stadia in Europe but I'd be surprised if ours looked like any of them. More like an aircraft hanger without a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickylittlefinger View Post
    Is it not currently sinking as it is? Or is that bullsh1t?
    No idea, I can vaguely remember seeing a typically crap EE sketch of a stand that looked like Loftus Road back in the late 80's.
    Then a few years later they demolished the Beach End (by far the best seat at Pittodrie) and built the DD stand.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    ...a large % of dons fans don't want to move out of town...

...hearts have listened to their fans who do not want to move...

According to the DST poll, 75% are in favour of moving.

I don't think you'll find one person in the history of this board who would choose a new location for the stadium over Pittodrie - if both options were equally viable and similar cost. Problem is the 2 options aren't directly comparable on a number of fronts, so most have come to the conclusion that a move away from Pittodrie would be best for the club based on the information that has been given to date.

For some reason Euromeister seems to have trouble understanding why people would take information provided by the club and interpret it for themselves over him repeatedly chuntering "Thur's nay munnay..."

On a side note - you know a word I've not heard anyone use in ages? "Reactionary" - it's really time it started getting used more widely. Really underrated word

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam View Post
    repeatedly chuntering "Thur's nay munnay..."
    For some reason I read that in the voice and image of the beg fat rangers fan who said something like, "We need to keep the big hoose open"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    As long as it's nowhere near Aberdeen then I'll be happy
    How about the EK Dons?

Page 58 of 560 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158558 ... LastLast