+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 67 of 560 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Grantland View Post
    little experiment

next home go to ellon then come in in time and go home after see how long it takes you
    Erm....ask someone who stays in Ellon....

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Shuttle Buses.

Utter and complete nonsense.

Booooo....mono-rail....mono-rail

or teleporting.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    Erm....ask someone who stays in Ellon....
    you're missing the point

your objections are entirely based on you

the club thinks wider than that

so buckle up cos we're moving

Now I'm in favour of the new stadium. Ideally I'd of wanted it built as part of a links sports complex but that turned out to be a non starter so out to the sticks we go. I won't personally be going to matches out there as it'll be a logistical nightmare getting there and back and it just won't be the same matchday experience anymore but I'm fairly confident for every city dwelling fan such as myself or mastrick1960 that stop going there will be new teuchter fans that will take our places. Crowds will stay pretty much the same they've always been.

Pittodrie has had it's day. we need a new stadium and there's no alternative / affordable site in the city centre so for the good of the club the sticks it must be. I don't think they will be able to raise the funding mind you so all this debating is fairly pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by supersamba View Post
    Now I'm in favour of the new stadium. Ideally I'd of wanted it built as part of a links sports complex but that turned out to be a non starter so out to the sticks we go. I won't personally be going to matches out there as it'll be a logistical nightmare getting there and back and it just won't be the same matchday experience anymore but I'm fairly confident for every city dwelling fan such as myself or mastrick1960 that stop going there will be new teuchter fans that will take our places. Crowds will stay pretty much the same they've always been.

Pittodrie has had it's day. we need a new stadium and there's no alternative / affordable site in the city centre so for the good of the club the sticks it must be. I don't think they will be able to raise the funding mind you so all this debating is fairly pointless.
    Logistical nightmare? Where on earth do you live? I currently live 80 miles south of Aberdeen but go to every home game, despite the hold ups at the Brig o' Dee and the congestion around the harbour. I normally drive so have to go without the pre-match pint, doesn't bother me. I go to watch the Dons,I couldn't care less where the stadium goes, I am a supporter and will be there. With the new awpr it might actually make it easier to get there for me. I am not a teuchter!

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post

or teleporting.
    Glad someone agrees with my idea

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post

or teleporting.
    Canals. It's the future.

Also if i want a pint and/or food before a game i have to

A) get lift to Inverurie then train, then reverse after

B )Get taxi to Inverurie then train, then in reverse after

C) Get a bus which is takes forever(midweekers i dont get home untill after midnight)

I dinna moan about any option though, just get on with it and go and watch my team and get a few jars.

Ill still have to do similar multi transport for Kingsford and ill still get on with it and nae moan

People have to do much much worse and i bet they just batter on and get on with it

Just saying like

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Canals. It's the future.
    Should maybe of looked at a site near Port Elphinstone and get a canal from there to Aberdeen opened up. Going to a game on a boozy barge would be top hole.

Quote Originally Posted by supersamba View Post
    Should maybe of looked at a site near Port Elphinstone and get a canal from there to Aberdeen opened up. Going to a game on a boozy barge would be top hole.
    Awesome plan

Page 67 of 560 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast