+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 560 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

re: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Dont get the big hoo-hah about having pubs near the ground. Just get tanked up in yer hoose beforehand .

Stewart Milne said "The stadium SHOULD be in use for the season 2019/2020 season and the training facility by 2018"

Quote Originally Posted by scobiemacd
    Dont get the big hoo-hah about having pubs near the ground. Just get tanked up in yer hoose beforehand .
    Just get tanked up on the drive

Meldrum to Westhill is about 30 mins, ill easily squeeze in a six pac

The plans do look good although the way the road access into the complex if your travelling from Aberdeen looks problematic.
    Slightly unrelated but I would hope since the council have been involved closely in the talks, consideration has been made for a leisure park in the area ie an out of town cinema, places to eat and drink possible nightclub etc. With west hill, kingswells the new countess wells development, stadium, prime 4 and bypass some joined up thinking could really boost the area.

Look forward to seeing the plans. We could end up with one of the best facilities in the country.

Understand some who are negative because that is the lot of the average football fan and some top clubs are going through similar scenarios. We saw this week West Ham, formed a year after us, moving from their beloved Upton Park to - of all things - an athletics stadium. But their fans have realised they had to move on. Some Arsenal fans miss Highbury. And you can guarantee some Spurs fans will miss White Hart Lane. But I'm convinced if the Dons moved a 100 yards to the Links there would be guys moaning.

I cannot see how moving to Westhill diminishes Aberdeen FC or removes our identity. The club will always be about the guys who were red on the park and those in the stands.

Pittodrie has (like all old stadiums) got great memories for us. But I have attended many games where it can feel soulless and dreary there too. We do need to accept how he game has moved on and many fans want

I'm assuming Stewarty bought the land to build hooses on and the downturn in the O&G industry has made him have a bit of a rethink?

I wouldn't worry all that much about traffic - it will surely be at least 5 times worse for the locals on any given weekday and it'll only be once a fortnight at a weekend for 9 months a year. Plus the fitba fans driving won't have to worry about all the post-shopping traffic in the centre of town.

Wonder if all the surrounding office complexes will offer overflow parking for £1 a car or something like that?

It's imperative that there's some sort of fans' zone to attract people before the game and earn a bit extra income. Bars, food, screens showing earlier games, stuff to keep kids entertained, etc. Would appear to be plenty of space to do it if it's not already in the plans for the stadium itself.

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam
    I'm assuming Stewarty bought the land to build hooses on and the downturn in the O&G industry has made him have a bit of a rethink?

I wouldn't worry all that much about traffic - it will surely be at least 5 times worse for the locals on any given weekday and it'll only be once a fortnight at a weekend for 9 months a year. Plus the fitba fans driving won't have to worry about all the post-shopping traffic in the centre of town.

Wonder if all the surrounding office complexes will offer overflow parking for £1 a car or something like that?

It's imperative that there's some sort of fans' zone to attract people before the game and earn a bit extra income. Bars, food, screens showing earlier games, stuff to keep kids entertained, etc. Would appear to be plenty of space to do it if it's not already in the plans for the stadium itself.

I have to agree whole heartedly with this i

Quote Originally Posted by ILikeJam

I am pretty sure that's Bert McIntoshishes la

[quote="therealsouthstander"

[/quote]

I know what you are thinking. We've all thought it and said it and lived it for years. "It'll never happen"

I find it hard to be negative about this new plan though. It has a different feel to it and there are council elections in less than a year.

Page 7 of 560 FirstFirst ... 567891757107507 ... LastLast