+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 79 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Andies View Post
    Stadium funding.

£20 million -approx sale of pittodrie
    £10 million naming rights /debentures
    £10 million Private investors /share issue
    £6 Million mortgage

The hardest part wil be to get 6 to 8 million to get first stage training complex
    Done, we might get share issue at this stage.

Approximate costs , this is happening , if as been mentioned its design has similarities to Ghent ground
    WOW..
    Check out on you tube atmosphere at Ghent champions league game..! 20k capacity as well .

Coyr
    All those numbers look a bit optimistic. If it was that easy, why does the opening date keep being pushed back?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    All those numbers look a bit optimistic. If it was that easy, why does the opening date keep being pushed back?
    Name us a major construction project in this country which has ever arrived on time after construction has started, let alone in the very earliest of planning stages.

I get the hesitance and cynicism from some quarters, but I think most fans are now realistic enough to realise we cannot continue at Pittodrie. Some of the concerns are very justified, especially in terms of transport. Talking about financing the stadium, and specifically how that will occur, is both premature and probably unneccesary. Especially talking about the lack of information. As far as I'm aware, the club is a privately limited company, and therefore answers only to shareholders; specifically those with enough of a holding to influence proceedings.

On one hand, we have people saying the stadium design looks like Almondvale and we need a better quality of stadium. On the other, we have folk saying (with some degree of right) how are we affording this?

Ten years ago, we'd all have been seriously worried about the direction the club is taking with regards to the personnel behind the scenes. I think with Yule et al driving the club we're in safe hands, personally. Perhaps not a Chris Anderson, but at least a competent man. Let's wait and see how it pans out. Would be nice if we could get Keith Wyness back as well; he was beyond the club at the time.
    Last edited by DandyDons1903; 26-11-2016 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallus79 View Post
    Mason you are absolutely right-none more so exemplified by the fact Milne dropped Stadium Architects who actually know what they're doing, so his "pals" at a local practice in the town could have a shotty as he thinks they could do it cheaper-jobs for the boys basically.

You get what you pay for and it looks like proper village mentality amateur-hour based on what we can see so far. It's a lame rehash of Lorston with some bells and whistles stuck on the side.

Leaving that aside there is still no explanation on the funding strategy-! Aghast at that.

Anyway, I'm generally not a negative poster but I feel it's a good thing to push the board on these details instead of just sitting there and taking everything as read - I sincerely hope they get it right in the end and we don't end up with a tinpot set up that's not befitting of a club of Aberdeen's stature.
    If thr stadium looked like it would be worth it then i'd be all for it. It seems pointless now.

The way it is going, knock up another stand at Linksfield and abandon Westhill.
    That should be big enough to cover the future crowds.

Quote Originally Posted by naetaebashersallowed View Post
    The way it is going, knock up another stand at Linksfield and abandon Westhill.
    That should be big enough to cover the future crowds.
    I have said it on here before that crowds will be smaller out in westhill when we are playing ****e....will be 9000 at pittodrie on Tuesday ...if we were in westhill it would 7000....but hey at least we will have a shiny new stadium though

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    I have said it on here before that crowds will be smaller out in westhill when we are playing ****e....will be 9000 at pittodrie on Tuesday ...if we were in westhill it would 7000....but hey at least we will have a shiny new stadium though
    So where are all the superfans who bought cup final tickets? Oh wait a minute ...

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post

Would this new stadium glow brightly with red light as what was promised to fans in the plans at Cove? Or does this new stadium not entail this into its design?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Would this new stadium glow brightly with red light as what was promised to fans in the plans at Cove? Or does this new stadium not entail this into its design?
    Oh me, can you imagine the house price heroes and how their complaints would escalate if the stadium was actually lit with a red glow? I imagine that idea, great tho it looked, has been killed by the mumphing of the wifeswophillers.

Anyway, planning, c'mon Dons, get it oot there so we can a' pit in wir supporting letters

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post

This new stadium thing. £40 million. And nobody knows where it may come from.

Surely if you threw 20 mill at Pittodrie, it could be made fit for purpose ??? Mo ?

Surely we could have considered something like Dundee Utd have done at Tannadice. Those wee mini two tier stands look ok ?
    Ramp up the Soother and stick the pie shops and bogs underneath it. Just needs the roof raising a bit. Stick a mini two tire stand at the Merkland end. And Cantilever the Main stand so it hangs out over the street ,with another mini two tier, but with the front bottom half turned over to a standing Enclosire. In fact , do thaT WITH THE BOTTOM TIER OF THE NEW mERKIE INNA !!!

What`s that ? I`m tooo late ? We`re moving out of town , no matter what ? Ah well .

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    So where are all the superfans who bought cup final tickets? Oh wait a minute ...
    They've already got their loyalty points from being top redz with season tickets, so don't need anymore.

Page 79 of 560 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129179 ... LastLast