+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 81 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    No you don't follow at all do you? Your basic premise is that even though the majority of the clubs fans live in Aberdeen - a stadium outside Aberdeen is easier to get to? You don't half talk some u***r s***e sometimes.
    It takes me 15 minutes to get to Kingsford.

An hour to Pittodrie. From the west.

U***r?

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    No you don't follow at all do you? Your basic premise is that even though the majority of the clubs fans live in Aberdeen - a stadium outside Aberdeen is easier to get to? You don't half talk some u***r s***e sometimes.
    I'd be surprised if the majority live in the city.

But, even if they did, how many would find it quicker to get to/from Kingsford than Pittodrie? I'd say a large part, especially from the list above.

I've seen me leave at the final whistle, walk back to car at East End pitches and still not have crossed king Street at 5.45.

Pittodrie is in a horrendous spot, and if you were starting from scratch, you'd never build the ground there, where you would build it is in a place that's easy for most fans to get to, and that place is right on the A944/AWPR, just where it is. Admittedly Bellfield was better, but the Kinger nimbys killed that 15 years ago, so this is as good as it can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    The majority of the clubs fans live in the central belt
    I certainly believe more Dons fans live outside Aberdeen and not in the city itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    I'd be surprised if the majority live in the city.

But, even if they did, how many would find it quicker to get to/from Kingsford than Pittodrie? I'd say a large part, especially from the list above.

I've seen me leave at the final whistle, walk back to car at East End pitches and still not have crossed king Street at 5.45.

Pittodrie is in a horrendous spot, and if you were starting from scratch, you'd never build the ground there, where you would build it is in a place that's easy for most fans to get to, and that place is right on the A944/AWPR, just where it is. Admittedly Bellfield was better, but the Kinger nimbys killed that 15 years ago, so this is as good as it can get.
    Totally agree, I can walk to Pittodrie from my house in 45 mins last night I drove and it took me until 45 mins after kick off to get home
    Westhill is a winner for me

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep On Fire View Post
    last night I drove and it took me until 45 mins after kick off to get home
    That's odd, I would've expected the traffic to be light while the game was just starting.

I can't shake the feeling that there's something not quite right with that artist's impression of the inside of the new stadium.

Genk's stadium is 24,956 capacity and it looks double the size of that picture. So in my head the stadium should look not too dissimilar to this with the top halves of the corners blocked off...

But somehow the image they've released does make it look like a marginally bigger Almondvale - even though it will be twice the capacity

They have proper corners with seats, unlike our cheap o boxed corner nonsense.

our next version from afc will be even smaller I would guess.

There can't be many fans thinking we are going to have anything of quality now.

on the other hand, the artists impression we were given was of such poor quality , it's difficult to judge from it .

what with the amateurish photoshop pasting of existing south stand seating into the rendition -to the lack of perspective of the players on the pitch. It was laughable really.

unfortunately it's what I have come to expect from the people running our club.

Genk's stadium looks atmospheric even when empty. > a good sign of proper design.
    Last edited by Jussi; 12-12-2016 at 01:30 PM.

I really like that Genk stadium, might make my next fitba tour in Belgium(and most likely make a c@nt of it on the super strength Belgian beers)

At this rate we should just play in a park.

But where would the park be?

Page 81 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast