+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 83 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by EintrachtFrankfurt View Post
    The club have been spouting that bullsh1t for years, its simply not true with a bit of ingenuity Pittodrie could be turned as you say into a great ground again, the fans need to start pressing the board on this matter. Revamp Pittodrie for me unless the new ground is amazing.
    Far to many on here have accepted the bull**** from Milne etc that pittodrie can't be revamped ....considering we will have to borrow at least £20 million I am sure we could get most of pittodrie done up for that ...new beach end and main stand ... Put a new roof on the south.....I think most of us would be happy with that

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Aye but it`s all grist to the mill for Milne`s justification of us HAVING to move !!!

Our own Club is peddling this myth too.

I`d have thought the odd £19-20 million would be enough to convert "crumbling " Pittodrie into a fair skelpin wee grund again ?

( That being approx amount we`d be looking to raise to build new ground AFTEr selling off Pittodrie for those houses that nobody will build just yet ..)
    I still can't see why Pittodrie couldn't be redeveloped either. Turn the pitch round ninety degrees - before doing that do what Hearts are doing and build a new south stand behing the old one - keep an extended RDS as the main stand on the east side and then do the rest after moving the pitch around. There must be enough room to do that even with the new flats which have been built close to where the old gas tank was.

The club can't redevelop Pittodrie for one simple reason, money.

Folk are complaining that we can't afford £50m to build a stadium at Kingsford, then how the hell can we afford £50m to build a stadium without selling the land Pittodrie is on. Some folk really need to get with reality. Pittodrie's going eventually whether it's this project or the next, move on.

If this was any other club, we would all be pishing ourselves laughing at this farce

Quote Originally Posted by DandyDons1903 View Post
    The club can't redevelop Pittodrie for one simple reason, money.

Folk are complaining that we can't afford £50m to build a stadium at Kingsford, then how the hell can we afford £50m to build a stadium without selling the land Pittodrie is on. Some folk really need to get with reality. Pittodrie's going eventually whether it's this project or the next, move on.
    Money. Yes. That £20 million they need to raise on top of the cash from selling Pittodrie. That was all I was proposing spending.
    No more castles in the sky that what Milne is peddling !!!

aye, this could drag on for another decade...lets just do up pittodrie ��

Quote Originally Posted by standfreelee View Post
    aye, this could drag on for another decade...lets just do up pittodrie ��
    Abody is gan on aboot redeveloping Pittodrie but is the council not against any change in the main stand or the residents in Pittodrie street nae up in arms against that plan and I'm thinkin this was quite a few years ago??

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    No more castles in the sky that what Milne is peddling !!!
    Castle in the sky for our next stadium will never work. How would we all get there for starters? Fa's going to get the ball if someone blooters it over the roof?

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    If this was any other club, we would all be pishing ourselves laughing at this farce
    Just because its my club, doesn't mean im nae laughing at this long drawn oot saga

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    Abody is gan on aboot redeveloping Pittodrie but is the council not against any change in the main stand or the residents in Pittodrie street nae up in arms against that plan and I'm thinkin this was quite a few years ago??
    **** nows. this is the age of say what you want when you want with no comebacks. **** the council. they seem to **** us at every opportunity

Page 83 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593133183 ... LastLast