+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 88 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

.but hey car driving american football types like yourself can park up the car and get the bbq out....
    yep let them have ideas but it needs summer fitba ...and there are pubs out with the city on their knees ?

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    YUp, hear that a lot. But then the majority of fans don't do that (I did when I stayed in the toon fwiw). And the minority can continue to do it after we move if they want. Just in a different place. All part of the experience.

And the bonus is, because it will be so ****ing easy to get to, more fans will go more often.
    That doesn't cover all thr other issues and no offence but neither has anything else you have written before in this thread. More importantly neither has the club.

Understand the planning application goes in this month?

Nimbys have absolutely no argument now regarding aesthetics; with the Kingshill Business Park sheds now going up across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I think he's used the club as a vehicle to promote his other business interests. Certainly no **** down here had ever heard of him. I'd imagine it opens a few doors
    Tin hat on here...

But i've never quite understood the vitriol towards the chairman. He IS a fan. He IS a passionate supporter of the club and i know that firsthand. If an extra 10 thousand folk were turning up to Pittodrie every week on average (which even the side of the 80's couldn't miraculously achieve) then i would understand people griping that we're not at least 3rd every year and winning a cup every two or three but that's just not the case. There's no line down Merkland road of wealthy prospective businessmen itching to get their mits on Aberdeen Football Club. They're might be a Charles Green or a Romanov however. I'll take Stewart Milne everyday of the week.

As it stands Hearts are now getting more fans and will shortly have completed what will be, from as objective a standpoint as i can take, a better stadium that Pittodrie. Does it have our history? No. Does it evoke great memories of past glories? (Tennents Sixes Runners Up or fitever doesn't count cause it was elsewhere). No. What it will do is house MORE fans that we have in good looking state of the art facility that fans are proud of and is a benchmark in trying to achieve FUTURE glories.

We don't have the budget to guarantee the finish or cup run we want every year and we all know the playing field will again get harder in the next few years. Not enough Aberdeen fans turn up every week for us to afford the luxury of locking in a position that allows us to seriously challenge the top team. I think some folk would be better suited if we just built a great big fehkoff museum to wallow in days gone by.

A new stadium with state of the art on-site training facilities is what we need. We must be an attractive option for players. The club aren't pulling our leg when they say Pittodrie is expensive to keep up to code. The bloody wiring blueprints for the Mainstand look like the work of a Chinese calligrapher. I adore Pittodrie but its had its day and lasted longer than it should. The chairman is, i believe at least, doing his level best to deliver a legacy that will support the club long after everybody on this forum is long gone.

I don't believe anyones trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. I think everyone at the club wants whats best for AFC and that's to work out how to get this state of the art facility completed.

Sidenote: Visited KAA Ghent's stadium, The Ghelamco Arena (GO BUFFALOS!), a couple of months back. Its a rush just walking towards the touchline. I want some of that for us. I think what they're planning will give us something to be very proud and the Chairman is at the forefront of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghelamco_Arena
    For the Statto's amongst us, this 20k seater work of art cost 80m Euro when built. Roughly 68m pounds. Our budget is apparenty 40m. Have to cut out the fancy pies at the stalls.
    Last edited by NewOrleansRed; 03-01-2017 at 08:31 PM. Reason: Facts

That's a good post New Orleans but the concerns are still the same, where is the money for it and will the stadium be something we AND other fans be impressed by? If we are able to have a super duper state of the art stadium that will still look good in the next couple of decades (at least) then I would be all for it.

Tynecastle - Urban location, heart of the community, historic home. Says it all.....

Quote Originally Posted by NewOrleansRed View Post
    Tin hat on here...

But i've never quite understood the vitriol towards the chairman. He IS a fan. He IS a passionate supporter of the club and i know that firsthand. If an extra 10 thousand folk were turning up to Pittodrie every week on average (which even the side of the 80's couldn't miraculously achieve) then i would understand people griping that we're not at least 3rd every year and winning a cup every two or three but that's just not the case. There's no line down Merkland road of wealthy prospective businessmen itching to get their mits on Aberdeen Football Club. They're might be a Charles Green or a Romanov however. I'll take Stewart Milne everyday of the week.

As it stands Hearts are now getting more fans and will shortly have completed what will be, from as objective a standpoint as i can take, a better stadium that Pittodrie. Does it have our history? No. Does it evoke great memories of past glories? (Tennents Sixes Runners Up or fitever doesn't count cause it was elsewhere). No. What it will do is house MORE fans that we have in good looking state of the art facility that fans are proud of and is a benchmark in trying to achieve FUTURE glories.

You can't seriously criticise hearts on this. They know where they come from and where their

We don't have the budget to guarantee the finish or cup run we want every year and we all know the playing field will again get harder in the next few years. Not enough Aberdeen fans turn up every week for us to afford the luxury of locking in a position that allows us to seriously challenge the top team. I think some folk would be better suited if we just built a great big fehkoff museum to wallow in days gone by.

A new stadium with state of the art on-site training facilities is what we need. We must be an attractive option for players. The club aren't pulling our leg when they say Pittodrie is expensive to keep up to code. The bloody wiring blueprints for the Mainstand look like the work of a Chinese calligrapher. I adore Pittodrie but its had its day and lasted longer than it should. The chairman is, i believe at least, doing his level best to deliver a legacy that will support the club long after everybody on this forum is long gone.

I don't believe anyones trying to pull the wool over anyones eyes. I think everyone at the club wants whats best for AFC and that's to work out how to get this state of the art facility completed.

Sidenote: Visited KAA Ghent's stadium, The Ghelamco Arena (GO BUFFALOS!), a couple of months back. Its a rush just walking towards the touchline. I want some of that for us. I think what they're planning will give us something to be very proud and the Chairman is at the forefront of that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghelamco_Arena
    For the Statto's amongst us, this 20k seater work of art cost 80m Euro when built. Roughly 68m pounds. Our budget is apparenty 40m. Have to cut out the fancy pies at the stalls.

Hearts have ended up where they want to be - in the heart of their community, history intact and moving forward on a united front. Talk about legacy? One trophy at pittodrie in 20 seasons is not a legacy to be proud of. Hence the ego trip out in the country - what a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    Hearts have ended up where they want to be - in the heart of their community, history intact and moving forward on a united front. Talk about legacy? One trophy at pittodrie in 20 seasons is not a legacy to be proud of. Hence the ego trip out in the country - what a mess.
    Hearts are a united front because they were a ballhair from dying a Rangers type death. No other reason than that. Id rather not have the ill gotten trophies that almost finished my club on the roll of honour.

Could anyone define for me WHAT is the criteria to claim our club is the 3rd biggest in Scotland.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Could anyone define for me WHAT is the criteria to claim our club is the 3rd biggest in Scotland.
    Being above fourth best but not as good as second.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    That's a good post New Orleans but the concerns are still the same, where is the money for it and will the stadium be something we AND other fans be impressed by? If we are able to have a super duper state of the art stadium that will still look good in the next couple of decades (at least) then I would be all for it.

On that note, did the Loriston design not look markedly more striking that the Kingsford design? I can imagine the Kingsford design looking great, but I thought Loriston looked superb.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 88 of 560 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098138188 ... LastLast