+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 92 of 560 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

The location is beyond absurd. I honestly can't believe this is even being contemplated.
    Utterly depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Leopardman1983 View Post
    The location is beyond absurd. I honestly can't believe this is even being contemplated.
    Utterly depressed.
    Location is perfect.

The Dandy Dons facebook page currently having a mental breakdown, posting multiple topics saying the same thing, new stadium bad. Now banning anyone who suggests maybe it's a good idea.

At a time of planning going through, this needs to be got behind. I'm sorry some of you won't have the ground at the foot of your garden anymore, but most of us have had the inconvenience of Pittodrie their whole lives, now most of us will get a much more accessible stadium. Bring it on!

Location is horrific.
    55% of ST holders are from the city. 'Most of us' will be massively inconvenienced by the move. Shuttle buses? Don't make me laugh. A full house could see that car parks and access roads buggered for 2 hours - what fun.

Thing hasn't even been approved and it's been scaled back already.

As for "best in class facilities" - any sign of an indoor training pitch? No, because it's all being done on the cheap.

On but there's a holiday Inn. ..

Quote Originally Posted by milne_afc View Post
    Location is horrific.
    55% of ST holders are from the city. 'Most of us' will be massively inconvenienced by the move. Shuttle buses? Don't make me laugh. A full house could see that car parks and access roads buggered for 2 hours - what fun.
    OK, well lets tsart with that

45% of ST going to be better off with new travel arrangements then.

Of the 55%, how many from Culter, Cults, Milltimber, Bieldside, Garthdee, Hazelhead, Mastrick, Sheddocksley, Northfield, Bucksburn, Dyce? All of them and possibly more will find getting to Kingsford quicker than Pittodrie now.

Leaving Pittodrie on most match days is a nightmare, but even on sell outs, it's never taken me two hours to get home, to suggest that a ground with much better roads and without the additional city traffic will be worse, or take two hours is absolute lunacy. Good grief it doesnt take two hours to get away from 70,000 people at Old Trafford. How would it even be possible at kingsford?

Old Trafford* has an established transport system on its doorstep. Trams, trains and buses are all available within a 15 min walk. There are bars, restaurants etc in the immediate area which helps ease the dispersal of 70k people.

I just canna see how the Skene Road will be able to handle the level of traffic a matchday will bring, on top of 'regular' road users.

Gr8 of course if the people of Westhill and Kingswells buy into the thing, but if we're moving away from our traditional home I'd rather we kept the bulk of our traditional support. I don't think what's on offer will do that.

*Should add that I've never been to OT for football but I do know the area quite well.

There's negligible weekend traffic.

The exit from the stadium is going to be about 400 yds from the AWPR. So anyone not going to the city, or heading for Dyce/Kincorth/Torry/Cove will be pinging onto that.

The park and ride will be a bit less than 15 minutes walk away. I'd be surprised though if there weren't match day pick ups in and around the stadium area speeding that up.

Be against the stadium if you must, but the biggest asset it has will be accessibility, whether that's by bus or by car, to use it as a negative couldnt be more wrong.

55% of ST holders are from the city...
    Is that true? Where did you get that figures out of interest. Ive always wondered what the 'shire v City score was

The figures were released with the planning application. The club collated the information from their database. I canna mind the breakdown but it includes figures for:

*found it*

Aberdeen city - 55%

North of Aberdeen - 13%

South of Aberdeen - 12%

North-west of Aberdeen - 11%

West of Aberdeen - 7.7%

Do I come under North or North West.

I'm already in a minority at work, I dinna want to be a minority at fitba too

Old Trafford* has an established transport system on its doorstep. Trams, trains and buses are all available within a 15 min walk. There are bars, restaurants etc in the immediate area which helps ease the dispersal of 70k people.

I just canna see how the Skene Road will be able to handle the level of traffic a matchday will bring, on top of 'regular' road users.

Gr8 of course if the people of Westhill and Kingswells buy into the thing, but if we're moving away from our traditional home I'd rather we kept the bulk of our traditional support. I don't think what's on offer will do that.

*Should add that I've never been to OT for football but I do know the area quite well.
    Getting away from Old Trafford is a nightmare on match Days and the area is a ****hole not a comparison at all

Page 92 of 560 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192 ... LastLast