+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 93 of 560 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    the biggest asset it has will be accessibility, whether that's by bus or by car, to use it as a negative couldnt be more wrong.
    That's just such a mad statement it's hard to know where to start.

Explain again how accessible this stadium will be by bus?

The overflow parking spaces they talk about in Arnhall Business Park will be at least 1.5km (1 mile in old money) walking distance from the stadium, along a dual carriageway (no walking route along the B9119, there is no pavement).

Out of interest, do you ever travel from the city to Westhill?

Edit: Forgot the comment about the "park and ride 15 minutes away"... Kingswells P&R is 2.5km (1.6 miles) away... do you walk at 6.4 mph?
    Last edited by kkong; 18-01-2017 at 09:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep On Fire View Post
    Getting away from Old Trafford is a nightmare on match Days and the area is a ****hole not a comparison at all

A nightmare even with the infrastructure in place? I bow to your superior knowledge, but you're kinda supporting my point, not that I made the comparison in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by milne_afc View Post
    A nightmare even with the infrastructure in place? I bow to your superior knowledge, but you're kinda supporting my point, not that I made the comparison in the first place.

Oh my god, are people moaning about getting in a bus!!! or having to walk for a mile or so. I fecking give up on some folk!

Quote Originally Posted by Bridieeater View Post
    Oh my god, are people moaning about getting in a bus!!! or having to walk for a mile or so. I fecking give up on some folk!
    As it stands, after big games our supporters bus can be still be at Pittodrie and hour after the final whistle stuck in traffic. And yet some fans think this is the perfect site for enticing fans in the next 50 years!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

The overflow parking spaces they talk about in Arnhall Business Park will be at least 1.5km (1 mile in old money) walking distance from the stadium, along a dual carriageway (no walking route along the B9119, there is no pavement).

Edit: Forgot the comment about the "park and ride 15 minutes away"... Kingswells P&R is 2.5km (1.6 miles) away... do you walk at 6.4 mph?
    It takes 30 minutes to walk from the South to a middle of Union Street bus stop. People normally walk at a fair pace and even break into a jog back up the road. The traffic is then on single lane roads most of the way home.

The figures were released with the planning application. The club collated the information from their database. I canna mind the breakdown but it includes figures for:

*found it*

Aberdeen city - 55%

North of Aberdeen - 13%

South of Aberdeen - 12%

North-west of Aberdeen - 11%

West of Aberdeen - 7.7%

That's a pretty sad state of affairs for a one club city. Wonder how that compares with other city's?

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post

You can't be serious? You realise Arnhall is beside Tesco right? So 1/4 mile away, although with the newly opened part, it's essentially across the road.

park & ride - ok, 20 minutes. So about the same as if you're getting a bus from the west and being dropped at St Nicholas' kirk for Pittodrie now, and walking from there. Whoopedee doo

And yes, I live on the B9119, I travel this route often (tho thankfully no longer rush hour), weekend traffic is non-existent.

The point I made was, even *without* easy egress that Kingsford has, you never have this phantom 2 hour wait to get away from a stadium 350% fuller than a capacity Dons stadium would have.

I saw on Facebook this morning that there is an msp who wants to call a halt to the planning of our new stadium!! Can't remember what else was said cause can't find it again!!

Quote Originally Posted by fittiered View Post
    I saw on Facebook this morning that there is an msp who wants to call a halt to the planning of our new stadium!! Can't remember what else was said cause can't find it again!!
    Can't edit my own post but it's mike rumbles the lib dem msp!! Fkn tube thinks traffic will be a nightmare......

Page 93 of 560 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193 ... LastLast