shopify analytics
+ Visit Aberdeen FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2069

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    The nimbys were more or less irrelevant in this whole thing,everyone knows they are against it because they simply don't want the stadium built next to them.

The important thing was convincing the council,they put back the meeting till September because they wanted more information from the club,whether they got the information they wanted or not remains to be seen.
    It shouldn't be a problem then. The club have had years to square their sh1t away & spunked a small fortune on feasibility studies.

So the next meeting is the decision? Which is when?

The nimbys were more or less irrelevant in this whole thing,everyone knows they are against it because they simply don't want the stadium built next to them.

The important thing was convincing the council,they put back the meeting till September because they wanted more information from the club,whether they got the information they wanted or not remains to be seen.
    Yeah, pretty much. If the political will is there and the nimby's don't have the clout or public opinion behind them, there shouldn't much of a problem. Local elections recently mean that the Councillors won't be as bothered about p!ssing a few folk off as they would have been if the elections were coming up. A lot of these Inquiries serve as an opportunity to give objectors 'their day in court' so to speak, and they invariably spout half baked arguments and facebook echo chamber 'facts'. If the Applicants have prepared correctly, they shouldn't face too much on the day that they haven't heard before and should have answers ready.

If the Council rejects the application, it won't be because of anything one of the nimby's said yesterday.

Aye. Our fans lampooning these people and thinking it's all about beating their objections have overlooked that a couple of organisations weren't given 'satisfactory in any way' responses and I didn't see them be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by stansmith View Post
    Aye. Our fans lampooning these people and thinking it's all about beating their objections have overlooked that a couple of organisations weren't given 'satisfactory in any way' responses and I didn't see them be answered.
    As someone that's not entirely convinced about the move (because of our incompetent chairman) I have to say that I'm more for moving just to annoy the nimbys. I'm petty that way.

That's it, these westhill wallopers can come out with sensible objections or daft sh@t like alien invasions, nuclear holocaust and such like but they are at the end of the day totally irrelevant.

All they have achieved is giving us a laugh with their zoomerisms

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    As someone that's not entirely convinced about the move (because of our incompetent chairman) I have to say that I'm more for moving just to annoy the nimbys. I'm petty that way.
    Im partially in the "yass this will piss off the nimbys" but am partially in the the "yaas get it right up you Milne ye cock" boat too. I just have to decide whats more important to me

Given how hot my piss boils at the mention of Stewart Milne at the moment, ill go the latter

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Im partially in the "yass this will piss off the nimbys" but am partially in the the "yaas get it right up you Milne ye cock" boat too. I just have to decide whats more important to me
    I think it'd be funnier watching Milne implode. Also quite interesting to see how drunk & angry Oscar gets

You'll have to refresh our memories on what those were? I didn't see that yesterday at all.

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    You'll have to refresh our memories on what those were? I didn't see that yesterday at all.
    A/shire council and the AC+SSDPA's final submission started off with near enough the same line about not being satisfied with responses.

A/shire council and the AC+SSDPA's final submission started off with near enough the same line about not being satisfied with responses.
    Heymin Mason, you will need to come up with something better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Pretty much my view. It's less Wiggy rather than the fact that it's going to take a day and a denner to get to the bloody place if it's built. It will be quicker going to an away game at Dens Park. Or Tannadice if we draw that struggling lower division ragbag in the Cup.

One can't just imagine the money-grasping capitalist thieves of First Bus ensuring everyone travels in comfort by providing enough buses to guarantee fans a seat. Profits are profits, and must be created to the maximum, and the club won't give a stuff about that.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Pretty much my view. It's less Wiggy rather than the fact that it's going to take a day and a denner to get to the bloody place if it's built. It will be quicker going to an away game at Dens Park. Or Tannadice if we draw that struggling lower division ragbag in the Cup.

One can't just imagine the money-grasping capitalist thieves of First Bus ensuring everyone travels in comfort by providing enough buses to guarantee fans a seat. Profits are profits, and must be created to the maximum, and the club won't give a stuff about that.
    The more I look at this the more I think the stadium is in the wrong place. This is based entirely on transport and getting the fans to the ground and I'm speaking from someone who lives south of Aberdeen and will get to Kingsford with the new bypass a lot quicker than getting through the traffic at the harbour travelling to Pittodrie. But............I love the stadium design and and can see the benefits it brings to the North East. I'm also convinced there is nowhere else available to build a facility of this size and redeveloping Pittodrie is just ridiculous.

So in summary, get it built!!

"Our fans". Ever the joker.

Liked your talk on terrorism though. Very informative. Did you notice that all those against were from Westhill? No nimby's though. Not that you are from Westhill in any way... no never.

Also we were not lampooning them, although there were so many women from Westhill on I did think they were auditioning for an episode of Channel 4's new reality programme, Westhill Wife Swap.

I must have missed them, pity.

Still you've been away a few days eh, must have been affa busy preparing for yesterday, what a radge ye made o it min

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post

Given how hot my piss boils at the mention of Stewart Milne at the moment, ill go the latter
    It's like a cheeks game where they both could lose

Do either of them need to be satisfied though? Are they not just interested parties the same as the national security expert?

I doubt either of them will ever actually be satisfied about this development should it go ahead, so maybe the club have deemed them worth ignoring

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    It will fail because the club don't have the money to pay for it. Whether they get planning permission or not is irrelevant.
    ^^Nail on heed.

Oh my god, this guy is an absolute helmet.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llpw...ature=youtu.be

If he thinks the pipeline is a danger, did he stand up and shout about it when it was first put in????

Absolute clown....

Quote Originally Posted by OneBrianIrvine View Post
    ^^Nail on heed.
    None of the cheerleaders on here or more importantly... the board have answered where it's coming from.

Page 94 of 104 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596 ... LastLast