+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 95 of 560 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

They sayin , or at least the local rag says- afc based stadium design on Ashton gate.

A redeveloped stadium ! with odd & uneven roofing, to match the variety of structures their ground incorporates.

No wonder they need blocked in corners, to hold that mess up .

& we copy their design !!

says it all about incompetence at afc

Keep it up folks, this is some quality stuff here.
    Pavements wont be big enough. I'll have to walk over a grass verge, I demand that I am not inconvenienced in any way shape or form and that my travel arrangements to get somewhere must remain the same as they are at the moment.

Seriously, grow the fcuk up.
    Getting your little superman y-fronts in a twist about something that, at the end of the day, you have no control over.

The reality is that Aberdeen from a city center perspective is small with very little room to just pop a stadium into. You can whinge and moan about why the land behind Pittodrie wasn't purchased years ago for the possibility of extending the stadium, but hey, it wasn't.
    Our current stadium is old and the cost of regular upkeep probably isn't an economically sound business model.

You know what, it will mean having to plan your sh1t a bit differently when/if we relocate to Kingsford. If you want to go and watch your team, then you'll go. If walking down Union Street and Kings Street is more important to you then just do that instead and then maybe you can hold little vigils at the bottom of the broadhill every other Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post
    Pavements wont be big enough. I'll have to walk over a grass verge, I demand that I am not inconvenienced in any way shape or form and that my travel arrangements to get somewhere must remain the same as they are at the moment.

Getting your little superman y-fronts in a twist about something that, at the end of the day, you have no control over.

The reality is that Aberdeen from a city center perspective is small with very little room to just pop a stadium into. You can whinge and moan about why the land behind Pittodrie wasn't purchased years ago for the possibility of extending the stadium, but hey, it wasn't.
    Our current stadium is old and the cost of regular upkeep probably isn't an economically sound business model.

You know what, it will mean having to plan your sh1t a bit differently when/if we relocate to Kingsford. If you want to go and watch your team, then you'll go. If walking down Union Street and Kings Street is more important to you then just do that instead and then maybe you can hold little vigils at the bottom of the broadhill every other Saturday.
    At last somebody speaking sense, some of the bull spoken on this thread is incredible

Just heard Spurs will have a micro brewery in their new midden. Wiggy you listening?

And a cheese room???

Quote Originally Posted by campervanbethoven View Post

Kin Hell !!!
    The Pro Kingsford faction are getting a bit arsey , eh ?

Yes, I would prefer to stay in town. Although as it`s a seven hour drive for me to get to home games anyway , the final location of where we are playintg is a minor point for ME , at the end of the day.

But bloody hell, it`s fair getting personal for some of you lot .

For your gratification CamperV, yes, I probably will still wander down King Street for pre match beers before getting on a bus to get out there. ( IF this thing ever comes off )

And Fatshaft, no pavements/ grass verges is a valid point . Not so much for me, but for the Father and wee lad parking up and walking to the game. And I`ve been on this planet long enough to know that there can be stupid oversights on big plans. Like not allowing for that sort of stuff.

As for the bit about "should have bought the land etc " Well, AFC DID own the land behind the South Stand. As we used to use it for parking on big Euro nights way back. I assume they sold it off for the Flats that are there now, to repay some of the bank debt. It`s a real shame we couldn`t have held onto that. But such is life.

So Lads, calm down . And keep yer hair on. Otherwise we`re all back at school again, and it`ll be down the Beach at 2 before the Cup game tomorrow to sort it a oot !!!

Sorry Fatshaft, it wasn1`t you who mentioned the grass verges .!!

Anyone remeber why the Cooncil wouldn`t let us move over the road ??

You think our new eens miles away

Ivory Coast away to play Doctor Congo at the Oyem Stadium. Situated 18km from Oyem itself. Bit of a cheek calling it the Oyem Stadium

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You think our new eens miles away

Ivory Coast away to play Doctor Congo at the Oyem Stadium. Situated 18km from Oyem itself. Bit of a cheek calling it the Oyem Stadium
    That`s " Ryanair-esque " !!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Sorry Fatshaft, it wasn1`t you who mentioned the grass verges .!!

Anyone remeber why the Cooncil wouldn`t let us move over the road ??
    The main reason the board gave for not going ahead with the Kings Links location was the ground was boggy so the additional cost of the foundation work added another £5M onto the final price.

Page 95 of 560 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145195 ... LastLast