+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 99 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking News - New Stadium and Training Facilities

Quote Originally Posted by fatshaft View Post
    Every bit as valid, if not more so, as the doomongers who seem to think Kingsford is in Alford, and not 3 miles from Hazelehead and Sheddocksley
    Relying on folk walking for over one hour each way to watch 90 minutes of football isn't a great plan. Brings us back to the point about the lack of parking provision, there's no way the teuchters who are going to come crawling from the woodwork will travel by bus or on foot.

Quote Originally Posted by mastrick1960 View Post
    So a bit like st Johnstone's ground then eh ? Easier to get to but a soulless ****hole....ever spoke to a Johnstone fan ? They will tell you the heart of the club was ripped out of it when they moved from muirton park....never mind at least you won't t have all the hassle of trying to get away from pittodrie after we move....
    Aye, as already addressed, Pittodrie is a real cauldron eh? Jeezo min.

Anyway, McDairmid is hardly comparable, it's a wee stadium that's four unconnected stands.

I've said it before, but the perfect analogy is Bolton - moved from city centre way out to Horwich, and almost perfect like for like comparison to westhill. It sits on a dual carraigeway running east/west that connects to the M61 approx 1/4 mile away, again almost perfect like for like, in their case there's no exit north from the stadium, it's hemmed in that side, just like the north side of Kingsford will be.

Ask any Bolton fan (and I used to go to the Reebok until I got fed up of the guffy leagues) and the only ones who have anything bad to say are the ones who used to live right by Burnden park, yet another perfect like for like analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by milne_afc View Post
    Brings us back to the point about the lack of parking provision, there's no way the teuchters who are going to come crawling from the woodwork will travel by bus or on foot.
    Indeed, tho I didn't say otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by milne_afc View Post
    Relying on folk walking for over one hour each way to watch 90 minutes of football isn't a great plan.
    I didn't say they'd be walking. I imagine they don't walk to Pittodrie now?

So a bit like st Johnstone's ground then eh ? Easier to get to but a soulless ****hole....ever spoke to a Johnstone fan ? They will tell you the heart of the club was ripped out of it when they moved from muirton park....never mind at least you won't t have all the hassle of trying to get away from pittodrie after we move....
    I've followed the Dons for over 40 years and bar a couple of years living in the city have done so at a distance. When I was a kid we lived in Perthshire and regularly travelled 180 mile round trips for home games. I'm now in the arse end of the shire but still have an 80 mile round trip to home games and been a season ticket holder for years. During that time we've always had the hassles of finding suitable parking that's not a major hike from the ground especially at big games, and the hassle of being stuck in after match traffic trying to get out of the city.

Like you Mastrick and most of us from the glory era we all have many outstanding memories of Pittodrie, but it is now a **** hole and beyond any reasonable economic repair. You are trying to push water uphill if you think there is any chance that Pittodrie's redevelopment will ever be reconsidered, nor are there any other available sites within the city that could adequately be utilised to build a purpose built modern stadium.

Regardless to the location, I'm confident that an enclosed and sheltered purpose built stadium will prove far more attractive to many casual or current non attenders regardless of whether they be city or country dwellers. Rather than paying over the odds to experience the artic, hypothermic conditions currently on offer on most match days at Pittodrie.

So nae disrespect mate but boo fecking hoo if this puts you or others like you off attending in future, as in my humble opinion your nae much of a fan if that proves to be the case.

You're also managing to go to the furthest extreme of Arnhall there to make your point. As you say, does an argument no favours to exagerate.
    That is not the far side of Arnhall, that is the closest.

Arnhall goes on as far as Subsea 7 and Costco.

Pointless discussing this any further with you.

Also and finally, this is the sort of lengths walked by most drivers now, I'm not really seeing your point in all this?
    So it's no further to walk for those who already drive to the game, but a massive increase in time / inconvenience to those who currently walk to the game from the city centre.

Quote Originally Posted by DonsRUs View Post
    Rather than paying over the odds to experience the artic, hypothermic conditions currently on offer on most match days at Pittodrie.
    Westhill is generally colder than the links (you tend to find that as you go inland it gets colder).

I can also tell you from experience that the low lying ground where the stadium is planned to be built quite often suffers from radiation fog, especially in winter time.

but it is now a **** hole and beyond any reasonable economic repair. You are trying to push water uphill if you think there is any chance that Pittodrie's redevelopment will ever be reconsidered, nor are there any other available sites within the city that could adequately be utilised to build a purpose built modern stadium.
    *******s m8. It is a ****hole, that much is true, but that's down to the willful neglect by the current custodian.

The plans for the new stadium take inspiration from Bristol City's REDEVELOPMENT of Ashton Gate. Surely if it can be done there...

I suppose on the positive side, if it does get built, the sun seeking tourists holidaying in the microclimate of Westhill will give us a new customer base to tap in to.

I've followed the Dons for over 40 years and bar a couple of years living in the city have done so at a distance. When I was a kid we lived in Perthshire and regularly travelled 180 mile round trips for home games. I'm now in the arse end of the shire but still have an 80 mile round trip to home games and been a season ticket holder for years. During that time we've always had the hassles of finding suitable parking that's not a major hike from the ground especially at big games, and the hassle of being stuck in after match traffic trying to get out of the city.

Like you Mastrick and most of us from the glory era we all have many outstanding memories of Pittodrie, but it is now a **** hole and beyond any reasonable economic repair. You are trying to push water uphill if you think there is any chance that Pittodrie's redevelopment will ever be reconsidered, nor are there any other available sites within the city that could adequately be utilised to build a purpose built modern stadium.

Regardless to the location, I'm confident that an enclosed and sheltered purpose built stadium will prove far more attractive to many casual or current non attenders regardless of whether they be city or country dwellers. Rather than paying over the odds to experience the artic, hypothermic conditions currently on offer on most match days at Pittodrie.

So nae disrespect mate but boo fecking hoo if this puts you or others like you off attending in future, as in my humble opinion your nae much of a fan if that proves to be the case.
    Went to my first game in 1970 ( funny enough against st Johnstone ) a few weeks before the 1970 cup final ...anyway who says I won't go to the new stadium ? It is not die hard dons fans like me who will stop going...but like it or not we have a hard core of about 8000/9000 fans... It is the rest we rely on to get attendances up and bring in revenue....if die hard fans like me will think twice on a midweek winters night fir a game against the likes of Hamilton etc then where are all these extra fans coming from who some seem to think we will attract by moving to a new stadium ?? Westhill is a crazy place to put a new stadium =end of.....over the festive games I was in the east end club/northern golf club before / after those games ..I honestly never heard one person who was in favour of this move...even supporters from Ellon were against it yet according to fatshaft it would be easier for them to get to westhill....

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    That is not the far side of Arnhall, that is the closest.

Arnhall goes on as far as Subsea 7 and Costco.

Pointless discussing this any further with you.

So it's no further to walk for those who already drive to the game, but a massive increase in time / inconvenience to those who currently walk to the game from the city centre.

Dont know the area at all but Subsea 7 can go take a right good f*ck to themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    They sayin , or at least the local rag says- afc based stadium design on Ashton gate.

A redeveloped stadium ! with odd & uneven roofing, to match the variety of structures their ground incorporates.

No wonder they need blocked in corners, to hold that mess up .

& we copy their design !!

says it all about incompetence at afc
    You obviously haven't read the Access Statement. The design of the concourse areas and the accessible seating areas are based on Ashton Gate.

The design for Kingsford doesn't fvcking have odd and uneven roofing.

Page 99 of 560 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast